Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jets 24 Bengals 14

Featured Replies

Tom Landry

Weeb Eubank of the Jets

Hank Stram of the Chiefs

Chuck Noll of the Steelers was in his 6th season before their first Super Bowl

Bud Grant of the Vikings

John Madden - 8th season

Dan Reeves - 6th season

Andy Reid - 6th season

 

 

Stram won a AFL title in 1966 and coached in SB I. I guess technically that is correct but I would say he does not fall into the category.

 

Eubank another one prior to the SB ever existed.

 

Grant HC in 1967, SB 1970

 

Reid hired in 1999 first season, coached in SB 39 in 2005, which is the SB of his 5th season.

  • Replies 285
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so glad the Steelers didn't get it in the playoffs. I don't know who I can't stand more Uk fans, Ohio State Fans or Steeler fans. At least UK and Ohio State have good looking women fans unlike the Steelers HA HA:lol:

 

Keep dreaming JB... :lol:

I think they need a new HC, if they want to win a Superbowl!

 

Here is my thinking off the top of my head.

Can anyone name one HC in the history of the league that has been to a Superbowl, that did not do it in their first five years with that team?

 

 

Thank you! Not everyone is living in the doldrums.

 

There is simply not a poorer game manager than Lewis. Seems like a nice man but you need more than a nice man to win the Superbowl. Dump Brat... sure. But Lewis needs to go as well if the Bengals have any designs on becoming a conference champ.

I think a case could be made that the Bengals, at season's end, were the fourth best team in the AFC North. I don't think there is any doubt about Pittsburgh and Baltimore being better, but Cleveland was clearing playing better than Cincy as well. Sure, the Bengals deserved the playoff berth with their sweep of the division, but they were playing more like a 6-10 team at year's end. They had no realistic chance of advancing deep into the playoffs.

Just an obvservation, did anyone else notice Shayne Graham was not wearing sleeves? Who is he kidding? Plus, the kicker should be the warmest guy on the field.

 

He can use those guns to polish cars at the Mikes Car Wash this summer because his days as a kicker in the NFL are over. He better start liquidating those exotic vehicles.

I think a case could be made that the Bengals, at season's end, were the fourth best team in the AFC North. I don't think there is any doubt about Pittsburgh and Baltimore being better, but Cleveland was clearing playing better than Cincy as well. Sure, the Bengals deserved the playoff berth with their sweep of the division, but they were playing more like a 6-10 team at year's end. They had no realistic chance of advancing deep into the playoffs.

 

:ohbrother:

After the beating I took from Bengals fans before the season questioning the wisdom of using the franchise tag on Graham, I'm feeling rather vindicated right now reading this thread. :D

After the beating I took from Bengals fans before the season questioning the wisdom of using the franchise tag on Graham, I'm feeling rather vindicated right now reading this thread. :D

 

I still don't think it was a horrible decision. Graham has posted impressive numbers, despite his tendency to miss clutch kicks. It's possible that he would have demanded more than top 5 money.

 

Also, outside of Houshmanzadeh, there were not many options for the franchise tag. TJ didn't want to be here and, although we missed him on the field, I suspect he was a problem in the locker room. At the time I thought Coles & Caldwell would fill in just fine, but they were both disappointments.

 

I still think Caldwell's future is bright.

After the beating I took from Bengals fans before the season questioning the wisdom of using the franchise tag on Graham, I'm feeling rather vindicated right now reading this thread. :D

I'm still shocked that Chad's book didn't end everything like someone said :lol:

We can talk all we want about Carson, but it's about turnovers. Flacco's QB rating today is 10.

I still don't think it was a horrible decision. Graham has posted impressive numbers, despite his tendency to miss clutch kicks. It's possible that he would have demanded more than top 5 money.

 

Also, outside of Houshmanzadeh, there were not many options for the franchise tag. TJ didn't want to be here and, although we missed him on the field, I suspect he was a problem in the locker room. At the time I thought Coles & Caldwell would fill in just fine, but they were both disappointments.

 

I still think Caldwell's future is bright.

 

If your best choice is to use it on a kicker, don't use it. There's no rule that says you have to, as far as I know.

 

I'm still shocked that Chad's book didn't end everything like someone said :lol:

 

I am too. Maybe they were just good at keeping it in the clubhouse.

If your best choice is to use it on a kicker, don't use it. There's no rule that says you have to, as far as I know.

 

 

You do not have to use it. But, if a team places it on the player, the player has no choice but to accept it.

 

Like I said earlier, it's likely that Graham thought he was worthy of top $$ for a kicker, particularly since his raw numbers are so impressive.

 

By taking the average of the top 5 kickers, it's possible (likely?) that the Bengals actually saved money.

Gotcha!:thumb: I guess technically you are right. He took over in the middle of the 1994 season (SB that season 1995) Then he went to the Superbowl in 2000(1999 Season).

 

I just found that Madden and Reeves also did it.

 

But I would never confuse Lewis with any of these 3.

 

Definately not.

Tom Landry

Weeb Eubank of the Jets

Hank Stram of the Chiefs

Chuck Noll of the Steelers was in his 6th season before their first Super Bowl

Bud Grant of the Vikings

John Madden - 8th season

Dan Reeves - 6th season

Andy Reid - 6th season

 

Stram won a AFL title in 1966 and coached in SB I. I guess technically that is correct but I would say he does not fall into the category.

 

Eubank another one prior to the SB ever existed.

 

Grant HC in 1967, SB 1970

 

Reid hired in 1999 first season, coached in SB 39 in 2005, which is the SB of his 5th season.

 

 

You are correct about Reid. I did not count correctly.

1999

2000

2001

2002

2003

2004 SB 2005

 

6 years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.