December 22, 200916 yr They had the question on ESPN, and the this was the first thing that came to my mind..
December 22, 200916 yr That last three pointer was from way down town. Some moments that come to my mind would be the Brassow bucket to win the Maui, the comeback vs LSU, the game winning flip by Nazr to beat Vandy and the circus shot by Daniels to beat MSU.
December 22, 200916 yr Rex frosh year against UL...Meeks 54 at UT (I was at)....Tay's 5 threes (was there)....98 Duke game....just to name a few.
December 22, 200916 yr In no particular order: - Walker's game/SEC tourney winner against Auburn - Bowie's dunk against LSU - Mardi Gras Miracle - 86 point half against LSU - John Wall's first 12 games - Comeback vs Kansas when Darnell Valentine called the timeout KU didn't have. - 92 Duke game. Even in a loss the best game I have ever watched. - 98 Duke final 8 game "Look what he is doing to WOJO!":cry::cry::cry: - Everytime they beat Louisville
December 22, 200916 yr I have a ton of great memories! A few always pop in my mind though. Prince going crazy on UNC Meeks 54 The comeback / LSU, watched it again tonight. Kentucky and Mashburn burying Wake Forest and Florida St. in the Regional @ Charlotte - I was there and it was great.
December 22, 200916 yr Back in 1971 a buddy turned down the TV and turned on Cawood, I've done it ever game I watched. Louis Dampier. Dan Issel. Cats beating the Hoosiers in 1975. Joe B.'s post game chats on the radio with Cawood.
December 22, 200916 yr Meeks dropping 54 on UT. Prince killing UNC. The 84 point half and the comeback against LSU.
December 22, 200916 yr UK in 98 is easily my favorite. I was 14 I couldn't stand to watch, made by best friend be Duke and we went out and played one on one, he hated the fact that I made him be Duke. I said he had to because UK was going to win and I told him I wanted it that bad. WE BATTLED, I mean there was literally blood on the court from both of us afterward bc we felt like we were playing for something. We did not witness much of the second half except for the last 5 minutes of the game and I loved it. I grew up in NKY but dad live in Winchester for about 5-6 years, some of the best years of my life. I'll never forget hearing all the horns honking after that game, I was wearing my Prince jersey, only about 2 years after my grandpa had passed away that's when I fell in love with UK b-ball and I felt like my pa paw was right there with me for it, I could just see the smile on his face.
December 22, 200916 yr 1978 Goose goes for 41 as UK defeats Duke for the championship. Thats the night I became a Wildcat fan. I was 11. 1983 Dream Game. Huge national deal and very fun leading up to this game even though UL beat UK in their first meeting in 24 years. Listening to Cawood call the games The 1992 loss to Duke. I was never prouder of a group of Cats as I was that season and expecially that night. The 1996 and expecially the 1998 championship runs. Polar opposites in the path they took through the tournament. It was a great time to be a Cats fan. Watching the Wildcats play in Belfry's gym, Sam Bowie slipped and hurt his ankle because of a leaky roof. The arrival of King Rex, I remember about 20,000 showed up to watch one of his first practices. He never disappointed and it was a great two years. The days Eddie Sutton and Billy Gillespie ended their tenure as UK coaches. The turnaround in such a short time after Calipari's hiring. Wow. Great to see the excitement again. The 31 point comeback at LSU
December 22, 200916 yr For most people the 92 Duke game would probably be one of their worst UK memories. For me it was definitely my most memorable. Four years prior to that the program had fallen so far. Everyone remembers the SI cover, "Kentucky Shame". Then came Pitino, and he began building with Kentucky (and one Indiana) kids. Then came Mashburn, and you knew we were on to something. That game, as crushing as that shot was to a teenager (me!), was immediately a "classic". The ups and downs, heroes and villains, Cawood and all the stars. Truly an amazing game for me. It was after that game that I knew UK basketball had risen from the ashes!
December 22, 200916 yr Second favorite memory(s) is from the 96 and 98 title games because I traveled to Lexington from Louisville and enjoyed both games as, well, a college student should!:sssh:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.