Ryan Ernst's blog just released the AP all state team

leatherneck

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Trent Prewitt (NL), Adrian Wardrup (NL), Raymond Shears (NL), Josh Miller (NL) and Tyler Vaughn (SL) all representing Laurel County.

I cannot believe no one from Harlan County or Letcher County made the list. Two solid teams winning without stars I guess.

Congrats to Trent Prewitt (NL), Adrian Wardrup (NL), Raymond Shears (NL), Josh Miller (NL) and Tyler Vaughn (SL) all representing Laurel County.

I cannot believe no one from Harlan County or Letcher County made the list. Two solid teams winning without stars I guess.

Let's ask ourselves a question: How do two teams (North Laurel, South Laurel) with a combined record of 9-11 and lost to Corbin by a combined score of 55-8 get five guys on the honorable mention squad?

The answer probably tells us a lot about what is screwed up about the AP poll and all-state teams.

Let's ask ourselves a question: How do two teams (North Laurel, South Laurel) with a combined record of 9-11 and lost to Corbin by a combined score of 55-8 get five guys on the honorable mention squad?

The answer probably tells us a lot about what is screwed up about the AP poll and all-state teams.

I agree some should've been higher.

Congrats on your teams year westsider.

I expected to see some names from Murray on the 1st or 2nd team. They had a beast of a line with Robert Olive and Lonnie Martin. Brandon Wicks was the best RB we faced all year. They had FC tied until the last 14 seconds of the game and finished with a record of 12 -1. Had FC not walked out of Bowling Green with the 2A title it would have been Murray, no doubt about it! The 2A title game was played in Murray, KY on November 20th.

Congratulations to Neil Wilson #11 of Monroe County for making the receiver honorable mention list. Neil was the best all around football player FC faced this season; I wish he played for FC.

I agree some should've been higher.

Congrats on your teams year westsider.

We had a surprisingly good year. And honestly, a lot of people thought our area was down a bit.

One other thing ... Harlan County and Letcher Central had better teams than North Laurel and South Laurel, but ended up with five less guys making honorable mention. What does that say about the AP system?

Congrats to all the kids that made it. Happy for those kids.

12-1 and we don't have a single kid on there. This is usually the least credible of all the teams that come out IMO. Shane Pack + Ben Preston at least should have been on it.

Congratulations to everyone who was selected.

Props especially to the three Mason County selections. Soph RB/LB Josh Harris, Junior WR/K Jordan Gilbert.

And Senior Center Lee Sutton. I've known Lee almost since he could walk. They don't get any better. As fine a young man as you'd want to meet, on the field or off.

Not sure who should have been on it from Harlan Co. Green would have been the only 1 I would have guessed??

Congrats to all.

There were some head scratching picks from our area.........