Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roy Williams has heckling fan tossed

Featured Replies

According to several articles I've read all he said was "He's going to miss it". The articles have said that the arena was quiet as a mouse when he yelled it. Now I have also read that the guy was sitting where family members of UNC players sit, so I guess it is possible that he was using complimentary tickets, and that makes it a little more understanding that Roy would be so upset about it, and why he stated he is using "our tickets".

 

You may be right. But like other posters have said, given this, you can be the Duke fans will have some new 'cheers' in their arsenal when the Heels play the Blue Devils.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see a lawsuit coming out of this.............

I was at this game sitting in the upper arena section directly over what happended. Not exactly sure what the guy said. I just saw a three officers come and escort the guy out. People in the section were pointing at the guy telling the police who it was. The guy didn't seem very rowdy or out of control at that point. It seems like a little much to me. Can you really not say anything negative? What if you are going for the other team. Roy needs to think twice before doing this again. Word has it the guy wasn't in his correct seat (a lot of people, including us, had moved down because it wasn't at capacity) and he yelled for Deon to miss a free throw. What a joke!

I could see a lawsuit coming out of this.............

 

 

A lawsuit for what?

Chalk this up as another reason I dislike Roy Williams!

That seems pretty ridiculous. I'd be upset if I were the fan.

 

Roy's presser is just as ridiculous as his actions. He doesn't think anybody should say anything negative about the players? C'mon Roy. :rolleyes:

 

Did he cry? Or tear up?

:laugh:

 

If I was Duke I would buy this guy a lower arena ticket and let him holler at Roy G. all night long.

 

"Hey Roy, Remember me!!! I'm back!"

 

 

:lol: I'd like to see that.

nothing wrong with what was done. Roy Williams is a class act. Because DUke has a bunch of idiots that cheer at their games, should make no impact on what someone at Carolina does or says. Heckling college kids from the stands is a cowardly way to get your point across.

Nothing wrong with what was done. Roy Williams is a class act. Because DUke has a bunch of idiots that cheer at their games, should make no impact on what someone at Carolina does or says. Heckling college kids from the stands is a cowardly way to get your point across.

 

 

The guy yelled "He's going to miss it. " I don't consider that heckling.

What the heck? An opposing fan cheering for his team? This madness has to stop. There's no place in college athletics for fans to support their own teams.

nothing wrong with what was done. Roy Williams is a class act. Because DUke has a bunch of idiots that cheer at their games, should make no impact on what someone at Carolina does or says. Heckling college kids from the stands is a cowardly way to get your point across.

 

Telling a player to miss a free throw is not even heckling.

 

Indiana fans chanted "S-A-T! S-A-T!" and "Cal's a cheater! Cal's a cheater!" at the IU/UK game the other night. That's heckling.

Telling a player to miss a free throw is not even heckling.

 

Indiana fans chanted "S-A-T! S-A-T!" and "Cal's a cheater! Cal's a cheater!" at the IU/UK game the other night. That's heckling.

 

:laugh: I can understand why IU would chant that sort of thing, since they've always been so squeaky clean.

A lawsuit for what?

 

I'm not sure, but I guarantee there are some attorneys who would give it a shot.

It is possible that the guy yelled something so personal to the kid that Williams felt he had to react. That would explain why he refuses to mention what was said. This is extreme speculation and the only reasonable reason I would see for his reaction. If this was the case, I would respect Roy but question if it was worth it due to future repurcussions.

 

For what its worth, I doubt this was the situation.

I'm not sure, but I guarantee there are some attorneys who would give it a shot.

 

The negative publicity alone will do the kid justice. So much for freedom of speech.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.