Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roy Williams has heckling fan tossed

Featured Replies

"...Come in on our tickets to watch our game..." Wow, Roy--I didn't realize you provided that guy with his ticket. Nice bubble you live in Roy, your kids are gonna get killed on the road by opposing fans. Maybe the pain medicine for his shoulder has made him nasty.:idunno:

 

 

Really?:ohbrother::ohbrother:

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he doesn't like Presbyterians.:idunno:

 

:laugh:

 

If I was Duke I would buy this guy a lower arena ticket and let him holler at Roy G. all night long.

 

"Hey Roy, Remember me!!! I'm back!"

Wow, what a joke!

 

"I don't think anybody should be yelling anything negative at our players, period". :lol:

 

I hope they get destroyed on the road now.

You know the Dukies are loading up with/for this one!!!:dancingpa

 

Can't wait to see what they say to him:ylsuper:

I know he was taking up for his players but doesn't most coaches preach about not paying any attention to the fans and just blocking them out. This is definatley not practicing what you preach.

He was just on the Jim Rome Show joking about how he laughs at some of the stuff they say cause it was funny. Like someone said earlier, I would imagine he was saying some really obscene stuff, or it is lame.

Obviously the fan was saying some nasty things or Coach Williams would have not had him ejected. Think about it guys. UNC has been heckled in the past, this guy just crossed a line. I remember when JJ had some very nasty things yelled at him during games and I wish something would have been done about that, also.

I am sure Duke fans will have a field day with this but it will be clean fun and Coach Williams will not have a problem with it.

The dude had to have said something pretty bad. I can't imagine him calling that guy out if he was just yelling "miss your free throw," or "you're not any good."

:laugh:

 

If I was Duke I would buy this guy a lower arena ticket and let him holler at Roy G. all night long.

 

"Hey Roy, Remember me!!! I'm back!"

 

:lol::lol: I would even send a few bucks to help buy his ticket to see it. And I do not like Duke at all, lol.

 

We do not know what this guy said, or did not say. To say he "must" have said something vulgar is pure speculation. The fact that Williams did not even vulgarity speaks volumes, as vulgarity was not an issue. If Williams would have said that the guy was being vulgar I could POSSIBLY understand, but Roy needs to get over it, and himself.

 

LOL, and coaches tell players to ignore anything and everything from the stands, and he starts trash talking the fan? "Yeah, im talking to you", lol.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

And now we know why Carolina's colors are baby blue. :lol:

So, by that measure, if someone is behind the visitor's bench heckling and being vulgar - can the visiting coach have that person ejected as well.

I have a feeling that more was said. You know that fans have said 'stuff' before, ... and I don't remember Williams having fans ejected all the time. If the fan was being over the top or vulgar, I have no problem with it.

Roy just openned up a can of worms here, :lol: he should have done what every coach tells his players, just play and don't listen to the fans, do not even acknowledge them.

 

Williams was even asked if the guy was vulgar and all he said was "I don't think anybody should yell anything negative to our players, period! You come in on our tickets to watch our games". Says a lot right there, he could have said the guy was being vulgar, but he did not mention it when he had a chance.

I have a feeling that more was said. You know that fans have said 'stuff' before, ... and I don't remember Williams having fans ejected all the time. If the fan was being over the top or vulgar, I have no problem with it.

 

 

According to several articles I've read all he said was "He's going to miss it". The articles have said that the arena was quiet as a mouse when he yelled it. Now I have also read that the guy was sitting where family members of UNC players sit, so I guess it is possible that he was using complimentary tickets, and that makes it a little more understanding that Roy would be so upset about it, and why he stated he is using "our tickets".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.