Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County, Coach French

Featured Replies

If Boyle wins Friday and French gets his first state title will he retire?

 

Also if he does who will replace him?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I would bring that up so close to the finals. I'd wait till afterward. Don't want the kids thinking about it and get distracted. Such as the Rich Brooks discussion. Time enough for that question after Friday. Best of luck to Boyle.

That is up to the coach and his family not us.

I agree. Not good timing on this thread IMO.

Not good timing but from what I have heard a strong possiblility. I think Coach Hester would be a great replacement.

Where did Chris Pardue end up?

 

I want to think he's an assistant at Campbellsville University with Perry Thomas.

Where did Chris Pardue end up?

 

He originally left Boyle and was to go to Campbellsville University as the O Coordiantor. I assume that's what happened.

If Boyle wins Friday and French gets his first state title will he retire?

 

Also if he does who will replace him?

 

Why? Larry wants a state title, of that I'm sure, but why retire? In two years he has lost one game to this point. He has made Boyle football relevant again and it hadn't been since Pardue's first year. I would have to believe French would like to see a few more years of keeping the program up there. While Boyle does lose some significant seniors, they return some quality kids and some untested quality kids through the pipeline. :thumb:

Why? Larry wants a state title, of that I'm sure, but why retire? In two years he has lost one game to this point. He has made Boyle football relevant again and it hadn't been since Pardue's first year. I would have to believe French would like to see a few more years of keeping the program up there. While Boyle does lose some significant seniors, they return some quality kids and some untested quality kids through the pipeline. :thumb:

 

I agree Larry does a great job, why Quit when you have a job like Boyle Co.

  • Author

I didn't mean to cause a distraction. The question was asked to me at work so I thought I'd ask more knowledgible people. I know the timing isn't great but if we wait until after the game there may not be anything to debate.

He's already retired as a teacher. He retired as a teacher when he got the Boyle County job, correct? If that is the case all he has to do is coach the team. I doubt he'd retire from coaching nor have I even heard the slightest rumblings of that being the case. I know for a fact he has sent personally signed letters to kids that aren't playing football that he wants to join the football program. Even kids that don't play football love Coach French and I don't even think retiring from coaching is on his radar at all.

I was thinking about this thread as I was reading the paper today. :-)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.