Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Titans make the playoffs, is Vince Young the MVP of the league?

Featured Replies

I vote no...tought to call someone MVP when they didn't play the first six games. I'd say that for any player.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This run stops next week and the playoff talk ends.

 

Did you lose a bet or something? Because that avatar is very distracting.

I vote no...tought to call someone MVP when they didn't play the first six games. I'd say that for any player.

 

As compelling an argument as any.

Did you lose a bet or something? Because that avatar is very distracting.

 

 

Yes he did. He took Kentucky this weekend against UT.

Yeah, I'd pick him. Maybe not on the field, but he has been huge in their turn around. Maybe Favre if they continue to win and/or post the best record in the league.

I wouldn't even call VY a top 5 choice in the MVP race.

I think he's done great! I think some of Chris Johnsons success is credited to Vince. Him bieng another offensive threat both on his feet and through the air "loosens" up the D. And the defense is playing very well. But it's easier for them to play well when the offense is putting points on the board and not just going 3 and out. So Vince gets credit in every department. He's mattured alot since he first entered the leauge. However I don't see him getting the MVP. Not with the season Manning/Brees/Favre are having. Bieng a Viking fan I really hope Favre gets it. But after last night I'd say Brees gets it as well as a ring!

At this point, the MVP candidates ought to be (in no particular order)

 

Brett Favre, Chris Johnson, Drew Brees & Peyton Manning

 

Vince Young has been a great story, and he is starting to develop into a solid NFL QB, but I don't see him on the level of any of these guys right now.

No, but would be the runaway choice for Comeback Player of the Year.

No, but would be the runaway choice for Comeback Player of the Year.

 

:thumb:

At this point, the MVP candidates ought to be (in no particular order)

 

Brett Favre, Chris Johnson, Drew Brees & Peyton Manning

 

Vince Young has been a great story, and he is starting to develop into a solid NFL QB, but I don't see him on the level of any of these guys right now.

 

I wouldn't include CJ in there...the MVP will most certainly come from the trio of Brees, Favre and Manning. All are having monster years...I'd favor Favre and Manning because of who they are. Favre, the old man coming back for perhaps his best season ever...Manning is Manning...Brees, while playing great, doesn't have the star power to match those two. His chance may come from the fact that he hasn't won the MVP award and those guys have. Voters may decide to go with the new guy. Otherwise, I don't like his chances if their numbers all stay at a similar level.

 

JMO

I wouldn't include CJ in there...the MVP will most certainly come from the trio of Brees, Favre and Manning. All are having monster years...I'd favor Favre and Manning because of who they are. Favre, the old man coming back for perhaps his best season ever...Manning is Manning...Brees, while playing great, doesn't have the star power to match those two. His chance may come from the fact that he hasn't won the MVP award and those guys have. Voters may decide to go with the new guy. Otherwise, I don't like his chances if their numbers all stay at a similar level.

 

JMO

 

I think you have to include Johnson in that list. He is having a monster year, with a shot at breaking the 2k mark for rushing this season. IF the Titans keep winning, he will be in the conversation.

I think you have to include Johnson in that list. He is having a monster year, with a shot at breaking the 2k mark for rushing this season. IF the Titans keep winning, he will be in the conversation.

 

Being in the conversation isn't the same as being a real candidate. The media pays lip service to guys that deserve some mention for what they and/or their teams have done. Kerry Collins was in the conversation last year, but I doubt anyone thought he would actually win. But, he deserved a little credit, so he got it.

 

The list is Manning, Brees and Favre. All are having monster years and their teams are a combined 32-1. Regardless of how many people are mentioned, the winner will come from that trio.

Brett Favre

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Chris Johnson

 

In that order IMO if the Titans make it. Young will get his share of the credit.

FYI....Chris Johnson sits at 1396 yards through 11 games. 709 yards from the single season record. If you take his season average of just under 127 yards per game, he's about 75 yards off the pace.

 

He needs to average 142 yards per game to break Dickerson's single season record. Considering that he's averaged 160 yards per game since Vince Young became the starter, at this point, I think you have to give him as good a shot as anyone in recent memory to seriously challenge that record. Again, if he can avoid the bad game, this guy has a shot to reach that mark, especially when you look at the upcoming schedule.

 

@ Indy - 108.9 YPG (#15), 4.2 YPA (#13)

vs. St. Louis - 148.5 YPG (#28), 4.8 YPA (#29)

vs. Miami - 108 YPG (#12), 4.2 YPA (#11)

vs. San Diego - 118.1 YPG (#21), 4.3 YPA (#15)

@ Seattle - 110.7 YPG (#18), 4.3 YPA (#17)

 

Statistically, the best run defense they face down the stretch is the Miami Dolphins.

 

This could get interesting, especially if Johnson can have a strong game in Indy Sunday. The games against Indy and San Diego seem like the most likely for bad outings, because those two are capable of putting up and getting a lead that will force Tennessee out of the run game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.