Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Titans make the playoffs, is Vince Young the MVP of the league?

Featured Replies

Chris Johnson is insane... I would take him over Peterson with no flinch at this point.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ CJ is also a good receiver. Many do not know he was a receiver for some time at East Carolina.

^ CJ is also a good receiver. Many do not know he was a receiver for some time at East Carolina.

 

When Tennessee drafted him, the scouting report said he had great straight line speed, but was a little stiff and not a between the tackles runner. He was projected to be like Reggie Bush...used as a receiver and on outside runs.

 

It's also funny to think back of the analysts, Steve Young in particular, tearing the Titans apart for drafting another running back...reaching for Chris Johnson at #24 and not getting Vince Young some help at WR.

When Tennessee drafted him, the scouting report said he had great straight line speed, but was a little stiff and not a between the tackles runner. He was projected to be like Reggie Bush...used as a receiver and on outside runs.

 

It's also funny to think back of the analysts, Steve Young in particular, tearing the Titans apart for drafting another running back...reaching for Chris Johnson at #24 and not getting Vince Young some help at WR.

 

I've never heard Steve Young ever say anything good about the Titans. He was so negative last year I had to turn down the volume when he was on!

I've never heard Steve Young ever say anything good about the Titans. He was so negative last year I had to turn down the volume when he was on!

 

I like Steve Young, but I agree. He's so obsessed with offense and passing the ball that he can't give a decent analysis of Tennessee. He doesn't like the Titans because they play smash mouth football. At least that's the way it comes off when he talks about them.

 

The irony is that the Titans and Ravens were very similar teams in '08. Had he been consistent in his analysis, he'd have said the same things about Baltimore. If he did, I never heard it.

 

All I heard from Young was how you can't win the way Tennessee plays, keeping the score low, etc., while the Titans were en route to the top seed in the AFC. :idunno:

 

Anyway, it's irritating, but I've learned to deal with it. He and Matt Millen have a bet going right now...Millen bet him that Tennessee would run the table. Young said they wouldn't.

 

The bet actually originated because Millen was saying that the Titans had a shot to win out the way they were playing, and Steve Young just kept saying they didn't have a chance. Most everyone knows its unlikely, but you can't deny that they have a chance. This Sunday is a huge game...if they can win, they're at 6-6 with 3 straight home games to follow, before a trip to Seattle in Week 17. Do I expect it? Not really. Is it possible? Certainly.

I said several weeks ago, that the worse thing that could happen would Tennessee turn things around with VY playing.

 

Now losing out on a great pick in the draft and maybe skipping on a future QB to give VY more chances...

VY is building up some trade value with his current play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.