Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Titans 20 Texans 17

Featured Replies

The Titans are rollin!!! 4 in a row for the good guys.

 

Titans improve to 4-6.

Texans fall to 5-5.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Titans are 4-0 since Jeff Fisher put on Peyton Manning's jersey.

The Titans are 4-0 since Jeff Fisher put on Peyton Manning's jersey.

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:thumb:

  • Author
The Titans are 4-0 since Jeff Fisher put on Peyton Manning's jersey.

 

Coach needs to put on a Chris Johnson Jersey. Thats about the only bad thing I can say about him though. I think Coach Fisher is one of the best in the league and I hope that he a Titans for a very long time

I think Johnson has to be the 2nd best RB in the league. I don't know if he's in Peterson's class, but to me he's way above everyone else. He's on pace to break the single season rushing record.

 

For Vince Young, what can you say? He's not the best passer in the league, but he does win. Not much more you can ask of a QB, IMO, as everything else is just gravy.

I think Johnson has to be the 2nd best RB in the league. I don't know if he's in Peterson's class, but to me he's way above everyone else. He's on pace to break the single season rushing record.

 

For Vince Young, what can you say? He's not the best passer in the league, but he does win. Not much more you can ask of a QB, IMO, as everything else is just gravy.

 

I've always said he got his starting job unjustly ripped off due to an injury, and he's still a good quarterback. His scrambling abilities helped this team a ton tonight. He's not dumb about his scrambling which sets him apart from the other mobile quarterbacks in the league.

I've always said he got his starting job unjustly ripped off due to an injury, and he's still a good quarterback. His scrambling abilities helped this team a ton tonight. He's not dumb about his scrambling which sets him apart from the other mobile quarterbacks in the league.

 

I agree 100%. I think his scrambling ability kind of helps out Johnson as well, if that makes any sense. They may have had too big of a hole to get to the playoffs, but I think they have found an identity for the future.

All the Titans needed was a Longhorn at QB!

Just think if the Titans had made the switch earlier this year, when it was clear Collins was not going to perform!

Young threw the ball very well. This is the first time I have seen him play this season, and he looked really good. He ran the ball well, but he really had a solid night passing. He didn't make mistakes, looked very composed, and took what the defense gave him. I still don't like his throwing motion, but he gets it there on time. The long pass the WR dropped when Young was rolling left was a beauty. Chris Johnson is quick on quick, .. just amazing. But after seeing Young, he looks better than ever and the time off seems to have helped him tremendously.

Just think if the Titans had made the switch earlier this year, when it was clear Collins was not going to perform!

 

They've also had some changes on the defensive side...for starters, they're healthy again in the secondary. They've also adjusted their scheme to bring more pressure...through the first six weeks, they were relying exclusively on the front four to get pressure and it wasn't working. Combine that strategy with a banged up secondary and teams were throwing at will.

 

I stuck with Vince longer than most, but I thought he was done. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about the way he's been playing since returning to the lineup.

 

Tennessee could have, and I say should have won, their first three games...they outplayed Pittsburgh and lost by a FG, they blew a huge lead to the Texans and lost by a FG, and they fumbled away to kicks against the Jets that factored heavily into the loss...if they'd have won one or two of those games, they'd be in decent shape right now.

 

I thought it was funny last night when Jon Gruden made a comment regarding a Tennessee play call that included the phrase "with their season on the line". Well, when you lose the first 6, your season is on the line every single week.

 

The contrast between Denver and Tennessee is interesting...they have flip-flopped.

Can I just say for the record--I absolutely love Jon Gruden! MNF is finally enjoyable again, after several years of almost unbearable commentary. Gruden is knowledgeable, tells it like it is, is passionate about the game, and most importantly--doesn't repeat himself. So many guys just repeat the same things over and over and Gruden doesn't do that. He understands that silence is better than mindless pratter and he is a joy to listen to.

 

As far as the Titans go, wow, what a game! I am still cautiously optimistic about Young, I just can't get past his bizarre bipolar episode where Fisher had to go and look for him. Maybe he is mediated now, who knows? I agree with 5w, not only is the QB playing better, but the defense is incredible. The 4 man rush in the first few games was just not effective at all. They look more like the old Titans D now and that is great to see.

 

Another observation, wow that Texans defense has blazing speed. I was very impressed by them. Johnson did not have a monster night and that was because of the speed of the Texans. I kept waiting for him to break away and he never could. And I have to say, I actually felt sorry for the kicker. To lose the last two games on make-able field goals and know it is all your fault, that would be pretty rough. That team is definitely better than their record shows.

By Vince's own admission, he was not putting in the effort it took to be a successful NFL QB. Taking the time off while having to watch Kerry Collins has helped him tremendously. He just seems like a more mature person that is enjoying life.

 

I was also glad people got to watch how dynamic of a player Chris Johnson is. He is on pace to be just under 2000 yards rushing for the season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.