Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Titans 20 Texans 17

Featured Replies

5wide, do you think Vince is the long term answer?

 

I don't know. Hopefully, we'll have a better idea of that after 6 more weeks.

 

But, if he continues to play the way he has for the last 4 games, then I think you have to head into 2010 with Vince Young as your unquestioned guy at QB.

 

I think he could be. I didn't want the Titans to draft Young, but after I thought about it some, I felt like he could be a good one. And, I supported him longer than most, but after the bipolar episode, I figured he was done. And, now he's back.

 

Right now, he's playing the way I had hoped he would. It seemed to me that prior to these last 4 games, either Vince, the Titans, or both were so obsessed with him being a pocket passer that they ignored his running ability. He would try to force a pass instead of taking off and making a play...and my complaint was always this: You don't pick a guy with Young's skill set at #3 overall and confine him to the pocket. If that's what you want, you wasted a pick. He's never going to be Tom Brady.

 

Now he's running the ball more. But, more importantly, he's being disciplined with his running. On third downs, he's taking the first down with his feet if its there rather than risking a pass...that gives you three more downs to work with. He's looking downfield and going through his progressions before he takes off. And, I love the designed runs the Titans are implementing...especially the option. I don't understand why it took them so long to pull the trigger on this. But, I suspect part of it was the OC. I love Heimerdinger. I think he's a much better fit in Tennessee with Vince Young than Chow was.

 

Needless to say, I'm impressed with Young. My fear was that he'd play well enough for them to move forward with him as their QB...if he keeps this up, I'm not worried anymore.

 

My biggest concern, and the big unknown, IMO, is how he will respond to adversity. Right now he's enjoying a resurrection of sorts, they've won 4 straight and everything is going great...what happens when/if they lose 2 or 3 straight and/or Vince struggles?

 

At this point, I'd be comfortable heading into 2010 with Vince as the starter. Regardless, the Titans need to draft a QB. They just won't have to get one early if VY keeps it up.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By Vince's own admission, he was not putting in the effort it took to be a successful NFL QB. Taking the time off while having to watch Kerry Collins has helped him tremendously. He just seems like a more mature person that is enjoying life.

 

I was also glad people got to watch how dynamic of a player Chris Johnson is. He is on pace to be just under 2000 yards rushing for the season.

 

He's the best RB in the league, IMO.

^Him and AD have definitely separated themselves from the rest of the pack.

^Him and AD have definitely separated themselves from the rest of the pack.

 

I'd include MJD in that list. And, if he keeps it up, Ray Rice possibly.

Johnson's big play ability is second-to-none. But, ultimately, I like him better than Peterson because he's a more complete back, IMO. He's better in the passing game all the way around...receiving, protection, etc. And, he doesn't fumble the way Peterson does.

 

JMO

 

6.2 ypc is incredible through 10 weeks...especially on a team that doesn't exactly loosen the defense up and stretch the field with the passing game.

The Titans are 4-0 since Jeff Fisher put on Peyton Manning's jersey.

 

4-0 because they finally put Vince Young in. :D

 

 

I'm not really trying to say VY is the only reason why, but he is a big reason.

He's on pace to break the single season rushing record.

 

 

No he's not...

 

The top RB in the league IMO is Steven Jackson. What he's doing in St. Louis, with that team is nothing short or remarkable.

4-0 because they finally put Vince Young in. :D

 

 

I'm not really trying to say VY is the only reason why, but he is a big reason.

 

Vince Young and the defensive adjustments that should have been made about 3 weeks earlier than they were.

 

You think Captain Quick likes Vince at QB? Since the bye week, Johnson's stats are Playstation-esque...

 

646 yards rushing

6.2 ypc

...

782 total yards

6.6 yards per touch

6 TD

 

An average game for CJ over the last month is 30 touches, 196 yards and a TD or two. Not bad.

No he's not...

 

The top RB in the league IMO is Steven Jackson. What he's doing in St. Louis, with that team is nothing short or remarkable.

 

Forgot about Jackson...I'd definitely put him on the short list of the top RB's.

 

And, maybe Michael Turner...my list isn't so short anymore. :D

No he's not...

 

The top RB in the league IMO is Steven Jackson. What he's doing in St. Louis, with that team is nothing short or remarkable.

 

I have the biggest fantasy football crush on Jackson right now. He's averaging about 105 yard per game on the ground and currently is carrying my team. He's an absolute beast. Can you just imagine him with the Bengals.

No he's not...

 

The top RB in the league IMO is Steven Jackson. What he's doing in St. Louis, with that team is nothing short or remarkable.

You are correct he is not, but Cats probably meant yards from scrimmage. He is right on Marshall Faulk's number.

No he's not...

 

The top RB in the league IMO is Steven Jackson. What he's doing in St. Louis, with that team is nothing short or remarkable.

 

He's on pace for 1987 yards. Last night ESPN showed a graphic comparing he and Dickerson through 10 games and Johnson had more yards, so they said he was ahead of Dickerson's pace. I think that statement was misleading though. The only number from ED's season that matters is the bottom line...what he had through 10 games is irrelevant.

 

However, if you project Johnson's production with Vince Young in the lineup over the next 6 games, he's on pace for 2211 yards...more than 100 yards better than the record.

 

He's averaging 161.5 yards per game since Young became the starter. To break the single season record, Johnson needs to average 144 yards per game over the last month and a half. A tall order, but its certainly possible when you look at the facts...

 

1. His ability to take it the distance from anywhere at any time.

2. Running behind one of the best offensive lines in the league.

3. Young's presence at QB opens things up for him, allowing him more opportunities to hit a crease and break a big run.

4. The schedule. Four of the last 6 are in Nashville, and there are no heavyweights on the schedule defensively (below are their upcoming opponents with their rushing defense statistics)...

 

Arizona (#8) - 103.2 ypg, 4.3 ypa

@ Indianapolis (#13) - 107.6 ypg, 4.1 ypa

St. Louis (#28) - 146.4 ypg, 4.7 ypa

Miami (#12) - 105.9 ypg, 4.1 ypa

San Diego (#21) - 118.5 ypg, 4.2 ypa

@ Seattle (#15) - 110.5 ypg, 4.3 ypa

 

He's got a chance to break the record. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that he'll have at least one huge game in there somewhere...if he can avoid having a bad one, it could be interesting.

Forgot about DeAngelo Williams also...the list keeps growing.

Forgot about DeAngelo Williams also...the list keeps growing.

 

:laugh:Where does it stop:confused:

By Vince's own admission, he was not putting in the effort it took to be a successful NFL QB. Taking the time off while having to watch Kerry Collins has helped him tremendously. He just seems like a more mature person that is enjoying life.

 

I was also glad people got to watch how dynamic of a player Chris Johnson is. He is on pace to be just under 2000 yards rushing for the season.

I also think the death of Steve McNair had a greater impact on him than he or anyone else would admit to. An eye-opener if you will.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.