Kragthorpe on Mountaineer fans.....

swamprat

When asked what makes Mountaineer Field such a terrific venue, Kragthorpe said the following:

"It is loud; it is a stadium [in which the fans] are right on top of you. They've got a rabid fan base. They all have good arms. Whether they are right-handed or left-handed, they throw those batteries extremely well. They are extremely accurate with those, too. I'm going to have to have a hard hat when I come out of the locker room.

http://wvgazette.com/Sports/todayssportscolumn/200911030999

:lol:

The U of L team needs to be aware of the Mountaineer mascot who runs around the stadium shooting off that musket. That is the loudest noise I have every heard. He sneeks over to the visiting team's sidelines and everyone unaware of it, gets a jolt.

I recall being at the old West Virginia stadium years ago for an early Saturday afternoon kickoff. The WVU fans arrived at the stadium hours before kickoff and they were very well lubricated. Must have been a carry over from the night before.

Good luck Cardinals.

The U of L team needs to be aware of the Mountaineer mascot who runs around the stadium shooting off that musket. That is the loudest noise I have every heard. He sneeks over to the visiting team's sidelines and everyone unaware of it, gets a jolt.

I recall being at the old West Virginia stadium years ago for an early Saturday afternoon kickoff. The WVU fans arrived at the stadium hours before kickoff and they were very well lubricated. Must have been a carry over from the night before.

Good luck Cardinals.

Actually, this year, the mascot is a she and she didn't fire that thing off once last Friday. We had all of the cannons in the pirate ship trained on her in case she did. :D

USF-Bulls-WVU-015.jpg

http://bullsgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=82

The WVU fans play a big role in their home games. They are loud, obnoxious and down right awful. They have baited alot of players into playing their game as well. Remember when Marcus Vick gave them all the bird a few years ago?

Has anyone else seen the movie The Express?

The WVU fans play a big role in their home games. They are loud, obnoxious and down right awful. They have baited alot of players into playing their game as well. Remember when Marcus Vick gave them all the bird a few years ago?

Has anyone else seen the movie The Express?

Exactly what I thought of when I read Kragthorpe's comments.

:thumb:

Absolutely FANTASTIC movie, btw.

What a difference thirty years makes!

The Mountaineer(ette) has improved by leaps and bounds!

Makes you wonder why they would leave the cabin and go out hunting for such long stretches at a time. :lol:

Just glad Krags is showing courage. He needs to stand up and fight the rest of the season.

I can't help but wonder if his recently displays of candidness (is that a word?) aren't because he's already been informed of Jurich's decision, and they're just keeping it under wraps until the season's over. He might have been given a chance by fans had he shown a bit more personality before now.