Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/Simon Kenton Predictions

Who wins? 154 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

In this one I would take SK. They are too big up front and Simpson will be too much for the Ryle defense. I also think that the Ryle offense will be shut down. Their run game is nice but SK will bring pressure in that 3-5 Defense and shut down anything in the Ryle playbook. At the end of the day the better team will win and after seeing them both play I'll take SK by 4 scores. 48-21. Two of the Ryle scores coming with the second team.

 

This may be the most off beat post I have ever read on this site IMO. Ryle 35 SK 21

  • Replies 135
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 12 posts in the last 24 hours. I guess the Union GAG order has been given.

If you have the athletes, IMO they should be on the field as much as possible. I know Ryle likes to have their separate units, but I think the great players play both ways more often than not, i.e. Simpson, Lawrence, Collinsworth just to name a few to give their team the best chance to win the ball game. Does Collinsworth ever leave the field?

 

Haha...you name two SK players then possibly the best player in NKY. It does not benefit most teams when players play both sides of the football, especially in 6A. How did Simpson do as a ballcarrier and defender against HC? You think it may have effected his offensive output? And Collinsworth does leave the field. They have two other guys that take carries out of the backfield and do exceptionally well.

Haha...you name two SK players then possibly the best player in NKY. It does not benefit most teams when players play both sides of the football, especially in 6A. How did Simpson do as a ballcarrier and defender against HC? You think it may have effected his offensive output? And Collinsworth does leave the field. They have two other guys that take carries out of the backfield and do exceptionally well.

 

I respectfully strongly disagree with you on this point. I believe if you do your research, most D1 college players played both sides of the ball in high school. I think it does benefit your team if you have the personnel. If you had a kid like Simpson or Collinsworth, are you telling me you wouldn't want the ball in this kid's hands as many times as possible, i.e. carries from scrimmage, catches, punt returns, KO returns. Of course you would, any coach would. That was my point. When the games on the line, you know AC will get his touches.

If you have the athletes, IMO they should be on the field as much as possible. I know Ryle likes to have their separate units, but I think the great players play both ways more often than not, i.e. Simpson, Lawrence, Collinsworth just to name a few to give their team the best chance to win the ball game. Does Collinsworth ever leave the field?

 

When watching T and X, the 2 best 6A programs in KY, I do not think any players go both ways, even if they are D1 players. Perhaps they might have one of their stars on special teams but not 2-way players. Depth is golden and I know that Ryle is working hard to build that depth starting at the freshman level. It seems like SK likes to play guys both ways starting with their freshman years from what I have observed. Just a different approach at SK and Ryle. I personally like Ryle's approach. It gives more kids a chance to develop and builds depth. If you are ever going to beat T or X for the 6A title, I think you do it by developing depth in a program and eliminating 2-way players.

When watching T and X, the 2 best 6A programs in KY, I do not think any players go both ways, even if they are D1 players. Perhaps they might have one of their stars on special teams but not 2-way players. Depth is golden and I know that Ryle is working hard to build that depth starting at the freshman level. It seems like SK likes to play guys both ways starting with their freshman years from what I have observed. Just a different approach at SK and Ryle. I personally like Ryle's approach. It gives more kids a chance to develop and builds depth. If you are ever going to beat T or X for the 6A title, I think you do it by developing depth in a program and eliminating 2-way players.

 

I don't see that ever happening due to the private vs. public, and that's a whole new thread discussion. It's ok that we agree to disagree. I am just speaking from the perspective of "if I was the coach". I would want my best athletes and most talented players on the field as much as possible. Back in the day, almost all of the top athletes on a team would go both ways.

I don't see that ever happening due to the private vs. public, and that's a whole new thread discussion. It's ok that we agree to disagree. I am just speaking from the perspective of "if I was the coach". I would want my best athletes and most talented players on the field as much as possible. Back in the day, almost all of the top athletes on a team would go both ways.

 

Yes they certainly did. And Bo Jackson and Neon Deion played professional baseball and football. Nowadays you can't even find very many athletes that play HS baseball and football. In the era of specialization, it hurts a players development learning two different positions. Not to mention the durablity/endurance factor. I'm just saying, if Simpson had to carry the ball 30x per game, how effective would he be on defense?

I don't see that ever happening due to the private vs. public, and that's a whole new thread discussion. It's ok that we agree to disagree. I am just speaking from the perspective of "if I was the coach". I would want my best athletes and most talented players on the field as much as possible. Back in the day, almost all of the top athletes on a team would go both ways.

 

:thumb: Absolutely...

Going with SK 38-20. Just think Lawrence will win the QB matchup. I think is much more mobile than Hempel. Then there is Mr. Simpson, enough said. Here are my 6A seeds:

 

1. SK

2. Ryle

3. Conner

4. Boone

 

Also, this is not the only Thursday game. I now there are other Thursday games, because there is no school on Friday (at least in Boone County).

 

I wouldn't say, "much more mobile". He is more a part of the running game, as they give him the option to run more than Ryle gives Hempel. Don't underestimate how athletic that kid is.

Line em up and race. You would be surprised who would win a footrace. We will let the college scouts determine who is better between Lawrence and Hempel. They are both good h.s. quarterbacks and good leaders for their respective teams. Neither team would be as good without them. I am simply reacting to the fact that it is a slander to Hempel to say that Lawrence is "much more mobile" - simply not true and I will respond strongly to defend our QB.

 

Relax. He didn't say anything offensive, just gave his opinion. Why take it so personally?

I'm sure if a good running back plays deep safety and spends most of his time floating around looking for picks he could play both ways without causing too much reduction in output on 'O', however if he ends up making a bunch of tackles or running down the field chasing Fugate all night his speed and energy will gradually diminish and it would become a factor late in the game.

 

There is no way a kid - even an 18-yr-old man of a kid - can run forty to fifty 40-yard sprints in a 2-hr span and not see his 40-time slow down a bit. Playing RB and having to carry a team on your back is no different than than, and realistically even the most physically fit RB would be unable perform at peak if he's carrying the ball more than more than 2/3 of set downs and more-or-less 'resting' on defense. Some fullback types might be the exception, but those that have not done it should realize every player on that field is human and can only do so much before they cramp up or are exhausted. These teams have 'sprinters' for running backs, not marathon runners!

 

I predict that this game will be settled in the 4th quarter as one team or the other wears down due to overuse of certain keys players. No name, just come and watch! (or tune in!) I still like Ryle for many of the reasons cited above by other posters (those that have a logical argument, that is!)

I think this game is at 7:30 but someone told me 7:00 can anyone confirm the actual start time?

Hey I know, why dosn't S.K. just play their J.V. to give poor Ryle a chance. :D

 

I hope you're joking.

I hope you're joking.

 

Yes I;m joking. It for the S.K. people who think S.K. is 6 T.D.s better than Ryle. :laugh: I have seen these two teams play more this year than any other teams. They are about as even as you can get. Thats why I think it will come down to turnovers. And if by some chance S.K. were up by 6 T.D.s they would not put in the JV. Just ask Conner. :thumb:

Ryle travels to Simon Kenton in next week's only Thursday game. Who wins and why?

 

This game comes down to who has the better defense on Thursday night. And it's probably not going to be a defensive matchup. This game might end up being a shootout. Pretty even, but Simon by a touchdown at home. Good luck to both teams.:cool:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.