Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walmart's "Project Impact: A move to destroy the competition

Featured Replies

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hat to see Target out of business. It's clean and usually packed iwth nice looking ladies.

Their plan to put other companies out of business is to have better customer service and neater stores? Shouldn't that be their business strategy regardless?

Their plan to put other companies out of business is to have better customer service and neater stores? Shouldn't that be their business strategy regardless?

 

That's what I was thinking! :lol::lol::lol: Also Walmart is crap in alot of other areas too compared to Target.

 

I don't think Target has anything to worry about on this. (Especially if me and Little TD continue to shop there.) :D:D:D

  • Author
Their plan to put other companies out of business is to have better customer service and neater stores? Shouldn't that be their business strategy regardless?

 

That is part of it, but the bigger picture is to expand Walmart products, to more toys and electronic accessories and to have better quality clothing products.

If they become a monopoly, I hope the government busts them up. Until they do, I hope no power-hungry politician comes along and vilifies Wal-Mart for their desire to improve customer service.

Target is going to be tough to run out of town.

Target is going to be tough to run out of town.

 

 

I love Target. But frankly, with the $$$ I have to spend, I get more bang for my buck at Wal-Mart. I simply can't afford to pay even Target prices, when I get similar items at significantly less. I've noticed lately that Wal-mart has upgraded a lot of areas, such as their home goods. They now carry a Better Homes and Gardens line that is really, nice, IMO. I guess you could equate it to the K-Mart Martha Stewart Home line. I know it's not Macy's, but some of us want nice things for a whole lot less. :lol:

 

The only thing I hate about Wal-mart is the long lines, and scarcity of parking spots in their 30-acre lot. :D

I love Target. But frankly, with the $$$ I have to spend, I get more bang for my buck at Wal-Mart. I simply can't afford to pay even Target prices, when I get similar items at significantly less. I've noticed lately that Wal-mart has upgraded a lot of areas, such as their home goods. They now carry a Better Homes and Gardens line that is really, nice, IMO. I guess you could equate it to the K-Mart Martha Stewart Home line. I know it's not Macy's, but some of us want nice things for a whole lot less. :lol:

 

The only thing I hate about Wal-mart is the long lines, and scarcity of parking spots in their 30-acre lot. :D

 

I rarely go in Wal-mart but when I do I always use the self checkout line. I usually don't have to wait long.

If they become a monopoly, I hope the government busts them up. Until they do, I hope no power-hungry politician comes along and vilifies Wal-Mart for their desire to improve customer service.

 

 

I am with you my friend.

I was in an extremely nice Target in Kississimme, Florida.

 

But you can't beat the prices of Walmart.

My wife says at least once a week how she wishes a Target would come into our area (Lexington is the closest one). We both really like to shop there.

My wife says at least once a week how she wishes a Target would come into our area (Lexington is the closest one). We both really like to shop there.

 

I'm guessing the "gc" in your name is for Greenup County. If it is, there is a Target on I-64 at Barboursville. If it isn't for Greenup County, then please disregard.

I'm sorry, but I prefer to shop at Target for household items and cleaning supplies. Target is clean and clutter free. Target is cheaper on prices also. We shop at both stores. I would go to Target hands down when I have a choice between the 2 stores.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.