Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 Things About Friday Night Football

Featured Replies

Here's mine what have you got?

 

1. The Game

2. Winning

3. Tailgating

4. The excitement before the game

5. The trip to away games

6. The Hot Dogs and other food

7. The Cool Air

8. Hanging out with friends

9. Music

10. Talking on Preps after the game.

Here's mine what have you got?

 

1. The Game

2. Winning

3. Tailgating

4. The excitement before the game

5. The trip to away games

6. The Hot Dogs and other food

7. The Cool Air

8. Hanging out with friends

9. Music

10. Talking on Preps after the game.

 

Shouldn't talking on Preps be #3? :banana:

Preps is a major player. I like seeing the excuses roll in at about 11:00pm on Friday nights. Good stuff!

Preps is a major player. I like seeing the excuses roll in at about 11:00pm on Friday nights. Good stuff!

 

Wait, wait, wait...they're not "excuses", they're "explanations". :lol:

All the sensations that I associate with high school football. The smell of freshly cut grass, the sound of pads popping, the taste of tailgate goodies, etc.

Shouldn't talking on Preps be #3? :banana:

 

In your case, post game parties should be added before talking on Preps (which helps explain some of your late Friday night/early Saturday morning posts on here. :banana:)

I wear my refresh button out every Friday. Guess I'm a fast reader! or everyone else types too slow. It's not even Friday and I bet I've hit it 1,000 times today.

In your case, post game parties should be added before talking on Preps (which helps explain some of your late Friday night/early Saturday morning posts on here. :banana:)

 

That's only so I know approximately what time I finally got to bed.:idunno:

5. The trip to away games

 

#5 is my absolute favorite part. Getting in the car with my father and traveling to wherever we might be going is always fun. The farther the trip the better. We've been doing that for about twenty years (it's been that long since mom quit going; honestly, it's so much better!) and it's always great.

  • Author

I thought Preps should have been higher then as I looked at my list I thought I was going in some kind of order the game, tailgating (before and After), etc. I guess it's easier to just pick your favorite things in no particular order.

I need 3 scores on my contest and cant find them anywhere. I need thr score Boone Co/Lafayette.....score of the Loius Central game.....and 3rd I need the score of the LexCath game! I need soon help!!! Thanks

I need 3 scores on my contest and cant find them anywhere. I need thr score Boone Co/Lafayette.....score of the Loius Central game.....and 3rd I need the score of the LexCath game! I need soon help!!! Thanks

 

Henry Clay 34 - Central 21

Boone County 14 - Lafayette 14 at halftime

Lex. Cath. and Cov. Cath. doesn't start until 8:00 tonight.

I always like to hear the scratchy rendetions of the "National Anthem". You know it's time when you hear the first whoops and yells after the word "brave"!

 

I think you pretty much nailed it with the top 10, though.

All the sensations that I associate with high school football. The smell of freshly cut grass, the sound of pads popping, the taste of tailgate goodies, etc.

 

The smell of grass and KFC made someone sick once on the field. I love to hear the National Anthem sang from local high school singers. The warm up songs are great too.

The handshakes at the end of the games after a sweet victory.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.