Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Middle School Basketball League

Featured Replies

  • Author
Thanks Afi100guy. Do you know how many kids tried out for each team? They had a lot on the benches last year and they are dropping down to 1 team in each grade from what I have read. It may put a lot of talent in the stands this year?

 

Not sure yet. The open gyms are this week but some kids have conflicts with CCYFL and Red Devils practices.

 

I hear that the 6th grade number will be very high. I will know more tonight.

  • Replies 230
  • Views 38.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please list the 4 districts for the Middle School League so we can begin picking our district winners? Thank you.

Can someone please list the 4 districts for the Middle School League so we can begin picking our district winners? Thank you.

 

It's the first post on this thread.

Can someone please list the 4 districts for the Middle School League so we can begin picking our district winners? Thank you.

 

District #1 - Grant County, Gray, Ockerman, RA Jones, Camp Ernst

District #2 - Tichenor, Conner, IHM, St. Pius, Blessed Sacrament

District #3 - Summit View, Woodland, Beechwood, Turkeyfoot, Twenhofel

District #4 - Holmes, Newport, Campbell County, Sharp, Highlands

District #1 - Grant County, Gray, Ockerman, RA Jones, Camp Ernst

District #2 - Tichenor, Conner, IHM, St. Pius, Blessed Sacrament

District #3 - Summit View, Woodland, Beechwood, Turkeyfoot, Twenhofel

District #4 - Holmes, Newport, Campbell County, Sharp, Highlands

 

I think every district will be competitive at the 6th grade level. I would guess that Ockerman should be the overall favorite. Most of the better kids are pretty much spread out.

It's the first post on this thread.

 

Sorry bout that Wildcat, did not look back at page 1. Thanks.

District #1 - Grant County, Gray, Ockerman, RA Jones, Camp Ernst

District #2 - Tichenor, Conner, IHM, St. Pius, Blessed Sacrament

District #3 - Summit View, Woodland, Beechwood, Turkeyfoot, Twenhofel

District #4 - Holmes, Newport, Campbell County, Sharp, Highlands

 

I agree, 6th grade very competitive, toss up.

 

7th grade looks like Ockerman walks.

 

8th grade:

 

D1-Grant County

D2-Conner

D3-Turkeyfoot

D4-CC/Holmes/Highlands (toughest district IMO)

 

Should be a great season, any teams in pre-season tournaments?

  • Author
Not sure yet. The open gyms are this week but some kids have conflicts with CCYFL and Red Devils practices.

 

I hear that the 6th grade number will be very high. I will know more tonight.

 

I counted 26 at the 6th grade open gym tonight when it ended. I know that some left a little early to go to football practice.

Highlands does an 8th grade early season tourney in November. Its a nice tourney, I ran it last year and it brings in some good teams. Its also a big fundraisor for the kids trip to WAsh. DC.

Silver Grove is hosting a two-weekend tournament in mid-November that is already filled and times have been sent out.

 

Harrison County is hosting a tournament in mid-November if any of the NKY teams would like to head down US 27 for about an hour. Scott County and Lexington schools are usually in attendance. Some good school competition.

 

Contact Larry Kendall through the school system.

Is Campbell County hosting a pre season tourney again this year?

  • Author
Is Campbell County hosting a pre season tourney again this year?

 

Yes, the Camel Classic is scheduled for the weekend of Nov. 21-22.

Thanks for the scoop!:ylsuper:

District #1 - Grant County, Gray, Ockerman, RA Jones, Camp Ernst

District #2 - Tichenor, Conner, IHM, St. Pius, Blessed Sacrament

District #3 - Summit View, Woodland, Beechwood, Turkeyfoot, Twenhofel

District #4 - Holmes, Newport, Campbell County, Sharp, Highlands

 

 

 

Looking for more info on 7th grade teams this year. I've read on this thread where Ockerman, Turkeyfoot, and Tichenor have solid teams. Who else? Trying to get a barometer on how the Highlands team will fit in. HMS boys had to play 7th last year or just play AAU to be involved. With Hoge, Urlage, Whitford, etc... they should be very competitive.

 

I see that a few parochial teams do get involved, a couple that are not in this league that will be very good at 7th grade are St Therese and St Joseph Cold Spring. I hope the coaches of these teams enter tournaments or set up scrimmages against the NKMSBL teams. They would be good games.

Looking for more info on 7th grade teams this year. I've read on this thread where Ockerman, Turkeyfoot, and Tichenor have solid teams. Who else? Trying to get a barometer on how the Highlands team will fit in. HMS boys had to play 7th last year or just play AAU to be involved. With Hoge, Urlage, Whitford, etc... they should be very competitive.

 

I see that a few parochial teams do get involved, a couple that are not in this league that will be very good at 7th grade are St Therese and St Joseph Cold Spring. I hope the coaches of these teams enter tournaments or set up scrimmages against the NKMSBL teams. They would be good games.

 

What is there to discuss? Ockerman runs the table and no one gets close to them. Everyone will be competing for second in the 7th grade division.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.