Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Middle School Basketball League

Featured Replies

Now that the Camels will only have one team per grade, any word on which coaches will be returning?

 

I believe the 6th grade coach will be the Omega coach. 7th - ???? and 8th will be Bradshaw (that's the word on the streets).

  • Replies 230
  • Views 38.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I believe the 6th grade coach will be the Omega coach. 7th - ???? and 8th will be Bradshaw (that's the word on the streets).

 

The 6th grade coach will know some of his players very well:thumb:.

 

I had heard about Bradshaw coming to the middle school.

 

What about the animated 8th grade coach from last year? Will he be coaching this year?

The 6th grade coach will know some of his players very well:thumb:.

 

I had heard about Bradshaw coming to the middle school.

 

What about the animated 8th grade coach from last year? Will he be coaching this year?

 

He will probably just stick to AAU for now. Animated is such a nice word. More like "well behaved".

  • Author
I believe the 6th grade coach will be the Omega coach. 7th - ???? and 8th will be Bradshaw (that's the word on the streets).

 

I heard that interviews were held this week for the Camels coaches. We should have some news later this week.

In 6th grade I believe Ockerman and Campbell Co. will have very strong teams. Ockerman has Beau Downs, Thad Moss, and Logan Turner. Campbell will have Trent McGovney, Matt Wilson, Owen Workman, and Griffin McHugh. Blessed Sacrament and Highlands should also be pretty strong. Highlands will be huge on the inside..:thumb:
Holmes 6th grade team will be strong this year led by Kel Mcclendon. He is the starting point guard for the All Ohio team that won the nationals in the 5th grade this summer. I think he is Christian Mcclendon little brother.
Holmes 6th grade team will be strong this year led by Kel Mcclendon. He is the starting point guard for the All Ohio team that won the nationals in the 5th grade this summer. I think he is Christian Mcclendon little brother.

 

I have never seen him play..

  • Author
Holmes 6th grade team will be strong this year led by Kel Mcclendon. He is the starting point guard for the All Ohio team that won the nationals in the 5th grade this summer. I think he is Christian Mcclendon little brother.

 

If that is the case, we will have McGovney vs McClendon (6th and freshman) for years to come in NKY.

 

Go Camels!!

I have never seen him play..

 

He is a stud!!

He is a stud!!

 

I figured he was.. From what I understand All Ohio is the old Cincinnati Knights. That team is ridiculously good..

Would anyone happen to know where the tournament sites will be held? Would like to know locations for 6th, 7th, and 8th. Also, what will be the format? Will all teams qualify?

Would anyone happen to know where the tournament sites will be held? Would like to know locations for 6th, 7th, and 8th. Also, what will be the format? Will all teams qualify?

 

League schedue/Tournament schedule won't be completed until October. All teams will make the tournament and it's a one and out. The tournament is seeded based on the regular season win-loss record.

I just got a peek at the schedule and it looks good. The only negative I see is practice time will be greatly diminished due to 2-3 games every week, but once district play begins in January, it goes to two games/week. I like the fact that they back loaded district play to make sure everyone is playing their best ball before district play begins. The only games that are not on the schedule at this point are the non-district Walton games. Play begins on 11/14 with Tichenor @ Holmes.

  • Author
I just got a peek at the schedule and it looks good. The only negative I see is practice time will be greatly diminished due to 2-3 games every week, but once district play begins in January, it goes to two games/week. I like the fact that they back loaded district play to make sure everyone is playing their best ball before district play begins. The only games that are not on the schedule at this point are the non-district Walton games. Play begins on 11/14 with Tichenor @ Holmes.

 

I also saw it recently. Looks very good. I am a big fan of having the district games at the end.

 

I am looking forward to watching my Camels with only one team at each grade. They should be very competitive in all 3 grades.

I just got a peek at the schedule and it looks good. The only negative I see is practice time will be greatly diminished due to 2-3 games every week, but once district play begins in January, it goes to two games/week. I like the fact that they back loaded district play to make sure everyone is playing their best ball before district play begins. The only games that are not on the schedule at this point are the non-district Walton games. Play begins on 11/14 with Tichenor @ Holmes.

 

I finally got my hands on a schedule and boy, there are a lot of games. Glad to see all of the schools in the same league. Just curious to know when tryouts are for some of these schools. Football does not end for most before October 31 and then the first basketball games are 2 weeks later.

  • Author
I finally got my hands on a schedule and boy, there are a lot of games. Glad to see all of the schools in the same league. Just curious to know when tryouts are for some of these schools. Football does not end for most before October 31 and then the first basketball games are 2 weeks later.

 

The last NKMSFL games are on Oct. 17th. Campbell County has open gyms the following week and tryouts the week after that.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.