Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/Ryle Predictions

Who wins?????? 209 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins??????

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 160
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands will be too much for Ryle

 

Highlands 34

 

Ryle 13

I think Ryle is going to get their points against Highlands. Nothing against Highlands' defense, I just think Ryle has the offensive weapons to put up some points against anyone. So the question is can Ryle's defense hold Highlands' in check enough to get the win? I don't think so. I am going to go with Highlands winning 28-24.

 

Getting the lead will be a big, big factor in this game. Ryle's best chance to win - get the lead and then grind it out to control the clock. Highlands' best chance to win - get the lead and make Ryle play catchup.

I think Ryle's D will match up well against Highland's O and vice versa. This will come down to field position and special teams. While Ryle's special teams were not horrible against Cov Cath, they lost the battle on field position and Cov Cath couldn't convert the opportunities. Highlands will convert the opportunities.

 

This should be a close one which will make the 2nd time they play even more interesting.

I have to agree with most others, I just see Highlands having too much for Ryle to play with. I think it will be close, but Highlands will show why they are one of the best teams in the state.

 

Highlands - 35

Ryle - 21

Mueller will have the Birds ready for battle after a week of working on the short-comings of the Manuel game. Highlands wins this one against a tough Ryle team.

Mueller will have the Birds ready for battle after a week of working on the short-comings of the Manuel game. Highlands wins this one against a tough Ryle team.
I agree. I think the coaches will have a lot to say about the sloppiness of their first game. The players should be fired up and looking to make a statement.

If I'm putting money on it I'd say Highland just because they are usually a safe bet. I wouldn't be suprised to see an upset here though!

I think Ryle is going to get their points against Highlands. Nothing against Highlands' defense, I just think Ryle has the offensive weapons to put up some points against anyone. So the question is can Ryle's defense hold Highlands' in check enough to get the win? I don't think so. I am going to go with Highlands winning 28-24.

 

Getting the lead will be a big, big factor in this game. Ryle's best chance to win - get the lead and then grind it out to control the clock. Highlands' best chance to win - get the lead and make Ryle play catchup.

 

 

Have to agree with VR as I too think Ryle will get their points, but the Ryle "D" will have to come up big for Ryle to win. Ryle hold HHS to 24 or under and Ryle wins, Ryle gives up more than 24 and HHS win.

 

HHS 38 Ryle 27

Edited by Birdsfan

I think Ryle is really good this year but HHS is loaded. I'll go with 35-14 but Ryle showed a very good running game last week and if they are able to keep the Bird's O on the sidelines it could be much closer..

I heard that Travis Elliot had a big game! Good for him. I also heard that Tate Nichols did not have such a good game. Can anyone confirm that? I just know what I read and sometimes writers can be bias.

 

Does anyone know how the younger Vollet did at LB?

 

I look for Ryle to compete with Highlands, but Im not ready to say they will win just yet. I would look for Elliot to continue his running ways. If I am correct they play each other twice this season, maybe in the second go round.

Highlands wins because they are the better team! :thumb:

This game should be a good test for both teams. I think that both teams will put some points on the board Friday... I also think that Highlands' passing games gets in gear this week. I predict a close game until the third quarter, with HHS opening up some breathing room later in the game.

Highlands by three touchdowns.

I heard that Travis Elliot had a big game! Good for him. I also heard that Tate Nichols did not have such a good game. Can anyone confirm that? I just know what I read and sometimes writers can be bias.

 

Does anyone know how the younger Vollet did at LB?

 

I look for Ryle to compete with Highlands, but Im not ready to say they will win just yet. I would look for Elliot to continue his running ways. If I am correct they play each other twice this season, maybe in the second go round.

 

When you run for 450 yards, not much need for a passing game. I was told Nichols did catch a pass or two which may be more than they needed in last Friday's game. I would also guess they ran more than once to Nichols side of the field so he probably helped a little with that 450 running yards. If anyone is expecting 6 or 7 catches a game and 100 yards, you probably need to change your expectations.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.