Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 48 Danville 21

Featured Replies

Yea there were three guys in the truck... they caught the two passengers...Last I heard the driver wrecked in a field and fled...cops got the K9 out...Thanks man I'm good now...We will see when I get up around 7:30...:thumb:

 

He hit 5 vehicles in all according to the K9 officer.

 

Glad you got home safe. The Ads will be in the thick of things come playoff time.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sure looks like he's being a little 'discrediting' to the Royals. I'd say the Ads haven't had it handed to them like that in a long time so it would be hard to swallow, but it makes it worse when you try to make excuses, IMO. The Royals clearly man handled the Ads, no questions or excuses about it.

 

The Ads have had it handed to them several times in past 3 years. I don't think Harp is discrediting Mason County at all. It does make the other team look a little better when you fumble 8 times. That's coughing the ball up quite a bit.

The Ads have had it handed to them several times in past 3 years. I don't think Harp is discrediting Mason County at all. It does make the other team look a little better when you fumble 8 times. That's coughing the ball up quite a bit.

 

Not one time did Coach Harp credit the Royals for absolutely dominating the game and doing whatever they wanted to when they had the ball. They might have turned the ball over a few times to many, but Mason executed on every turnover by Danville. So IMO let's give credit where credit is due.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sure looks like he's being a little 'discrediting' to the Royals. I'd say the Ads haven't had it handed to them like that in a long time so it would be hard to swallow, but it makes it worse when you try to make excuses, IMO. The Royals clearly man handled the Ads, no questions or excuses about it.

 

Just read Danville's newspaper about the game. Seems Coach Harp isn't willing to give credit where credit is due. Danville made Mason look good or Mason made Danville look bad?

 

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2009/08/22/spo.913626.sto

 

Not one time did Coach Harp credit the Royals for absolutely dominating the game and doing whatever they wanted to when they had the ball. They might have turned the ball over a few times to many, but Mason executed on every turnover by Danville. So IMO let's give credit where credit is due.

 

I guarantee this loss isn't anywhere near as bad as last year's loss to Boyle County. I have a hard time believing Harp isn't giving credit where credit is due. I think he and Coach Buchanan are friendly with one another so I don't see Harp intentionally not giving credit. Like Wireman said, 8 fumbles speaks for itself.

 

 

AA-good to see you are all right. I was filling my wife in on your situation and all she could do is shake her head. Good to see you are okay. I'll catch up with you next week at the Bob Allen Pigskin Classic.:thumb:

Not one time did Coach Harp credit the Royals for absolutely dominating the game and doing whatever they wanted to when they had the ball. They might have turned the ball over a few times to many, but Mason executed on every turnover by Danville. So IMO let's give credit where credit is due.

 

First of all, welcome to the site :thumb:

 

Second of all, I think Harp and other Danville supporters (including myself) would be first in line to credit Mason County. It was obviously a tremendous effort by the Royals. That being said, Danville definitely did no favors to themselves.

What ha[ppened to Danville's running attack? Who is the OC?

What ha[ppened to Danville's running attack? Who is the OC?

 

It doesn't matter who the OC is. With 8 fumbles, they could have an NFL OC and it wouldn't matter.

Some of those turnovers were a result of Mason County's play but some fumbles were unforced.

 

But Mason's offense did pretty much what they wanted when they wanted when the starters were in the game. The 99 yard return of the fumble was a huge play for Mason County though. I'm not sure what happened but Danville was about to score but Mason did instead.

It doesn't matter who the OC is. With 8 fumbles, they could have an NFL OC and it wouldn't matter.

 

Totally agree. It wasn't the OC's fault under any circumstances, just flat out couldnt hold on to the ball.

Snappy - you forget the paper has the last word and not all words in an interview are printed. You don't know what he said and what was printed

I know Coach Harp...And I know He would never take anything away from another team that just handed his team there tails...He knows Mason Co.was the better team,but He also knows if his team makes the mistakes they made they will not beat anybody...He also knows that some of those mistakes where caused by Mason Co...But it was obvious that some of those turnovers were from lack consentration and Inexperience...

So if anyone were to think that Coach Harp would not give credit where credit is due...They just do not know the man...:thumb:

 

BTW...You guys at Mason Co. have a very nice town with alot of nice people...:thumb:

I enjoyed my first time there except for the game and on the way out....:irked::lol:

Like I said in an earlier post, Congratulations to Mason County, but please be kind don't get to upset about what the Danville paper has in it. I also beleive that if our starting Quater Back had not of gotten injured the score wouldn't have been so bad. Because simply I think we would have scored more and held on to the ball longer, thus not giving your very good Q-back and efficient offense the opportunity to dismantle the Danville defense the way it did. Like I said I think every one is disappointed in the defense, but I think they will redeem themselves with some hard work at practice. The comments about not giving Mason County credit bother my competitive spirit and makes not only myself, but I hope every Admiral fan want the opporunity next year for the rematch at home with Mason County. I think next year will definately be a different story.:walk:

Like I said in an earlier post, Congratulations to Mason County, but please be kind don't get to upset about what the Danville paper has in it. I also beleive that if our starting Quater Back had not of gotten injured the score wouldn't have been so bad. Because simply I think we would have scored more and held on to the ball longer, thus not giving your very good Q-back and efficient offense the opportunity to dismantle the Danville defense the way it did. Like I said I think every one is disappointed in the defense, but I think they will redeem themselves with some hard work at practice. The comments about not giving Mason County credit bother my competitive spirit and makes not only myself, but I hope every Admiral fan want the opporunity next year for the rematch at home with Mason County. I think next year will definately be a different story.:walk:

 

If a rivalry would develop between Mason County and Danville that would definitely be a good thing for the Royals!

Like I said in an earlier post, Congratulations to Mason County, but please be kind don't get to upset about what the Danville paper has in it. I also beleive that if our starting Quater Back had not of gotten injured the score wouldn't have been so bad. Because simply I think we would have scored more and held on to the ball longer, thus not giving your very good Q-back and efficient offense the opportunity to dismantle the Danville defense the way it did. Like I said I think every one is disappointed in the defense, but I think they will redeem themselves with some hard work at practice. The comments about not giving Mason County credit bother my competitive spirit and makes not only myself, but I hope every Admiral fan want the opporunity next year for the rematch at home with Mason County. I think next year will definately be a different story.:walk:

 

Well I'm just wondering, I've read on many other threads that the Qb was sick, and now reading your thread about him being injured?

I'd just like to know what happend to him, to had made him sit out?

Hard to win when you put the ball down that much.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.