Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 48 Danville 21

Featured Replies

Just got in from the game...Bad Bad Bad night...Mason Co.Was just the better team...First Class Team First Class Fans...Did any of you guys at the game see blue lights out on the highway around the start of the 4th quarter?

 

I left early with the game out of hand...I stop and gas up...Get back on the highway,stop at the red light in the right lane...Bang a red truck plows into the car next to me in the left lane...I call my wife and tell her good thing I was in the right lane...I get to the next red light and Wireman beeps in...bang that same person Runs into me...Smashing the back end of my car...The car might be totaled...I was able to get a ride back home...I am still in a little shock but I am Ok...

 

BTW The Guy Driving was DUI...I hear I was the third person He hit...I just hope He had insurance...

 

Sorry for you with the wreck and all,glad you seem to be ok. Think all fans from other counties coming to Mason County for a foot ball game,etc. need to be warned how dangerous and congested #US 68 and the Mason County stretch of #9 is and has been for a good while. Sometimes wonder why Mason County isn't called Mason County,Ohio because of the extreme amount of Buckeye license plates adding to the congestion. Just be careful, always be watching out for the other guy.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danville seem extremely small and young?.

 

Not as big as I expected. But Mason County's O line is bigger that advertised. The left tackle, Newton, is described as 6'1' and 210 in the BGP preview but his is actually 6' 3" (or a little better) and 260. The other tackle is 250 or better also.

Not as big as I expected. But Mason County's O line is bigger that advertised. The left tackle, Newton, is described as 6'1' and 210 in the BGP preview but his is actually 6' 3" (or a little better) and 260. The other tackle is 250 or better also.

 

Gotta take those previews with a grain or two of salt. Mason County's linemen are a little bigger than advertised; some of their skill position players are a little smaller than advertised.

Didn't see this one coming. Congrats to the Royals.

Not suprised MC won, suprised by the score. Congrats, Royals!

  • Author
Just got in from the game...Bad Bad Bad night...Mason Co.Was just the better team...First Class Team First Class Fans...Did any of you guys at the game see blue lights out on the highway around the start of the 4th quarter?

 

I left early with the game out of hand...I stop and gas up...Get back on the highway,stop at the red light in the right lane...Bang a red truck plows into the car next to me in the left lane...I call my wife and tell her good thing I was in the right lane...I get to the next red light and Wireman beeps in...bang that same person Runs into me...Smashing the back end of my car...The car might be totaled...I was able to get a ride back home...I am still in a little shock but I am Ok...

 

BTW The Guy Driving was DUI...I hear I was the third person He hit...I just hope He had insurance...

 

I left the game early as game early as well, and we were sitting at a resturant watching some preseason NFL games and saw the whole thing happen.

Hope everything turns out OK for you.

Congrats to Coach B!

Think you hit the nail on the head, "window of opportunity", is there for the Royals over the next two years, more so than in the past,even in the Grutza-Lofton years. Royals are always good, but everyone else seems a tad down. BG is the goal.

 

I wouldn't take anything away from the Royals and their performance last night. They handed the Ads a good ole fashioned 'whipping' and it could have been worse as other posters have said. Even in Danville's 'down years' I don't think they have been so man handled that they were down 41-7 at HALF TIME.

 

Great job Royals!! What a polished performance and execution of the game plan. Congrats to Coach B and his coaching staff.

 

Hope this is the year for the 'window of opportunity'... go get it!!:thumb:

No one has commented on my earlier opinion, was it just me or did Danville seem extremely small and young?. I sat in their cheering section and Dunn came up lame after his long run, they were streching him on the sideline(hamstring or sprain maybe), there were no signs of him being sick watsoever, the coaching staff seemed a bit miffed that he wasn't able to go back in right away.

 

I'm not sure of any engery, maybe I'll found out more today. Danville's radio anouncers said that coach Harp had said Will Dunn had been sick going home early one day and coming in late friday. I just assumed that long run probaly affected him already being weak. As for the ads being small, they aren't the biggest team around, they may have just looked smaller because of Mason County's size. I heard your receivers and Q-back were all tall. Also, Danville's Players are relatively young and inexperienced, but I think thry have a ton of potential. They only have about 8 or 9 seniors. I'm hoping they can keep their confidence thru this difficult first part of the schedule and be much more polished when district play starts. I watched them practice this summer and they didn't get much contact practice in. I think they just need a lot of reps with the offense and hold on to the ball. The defense disappointed me the most, even though the offense wasn't clicking, they should of been able to slow Mason County down.:confused:

I'm not sure of any engery, maybe I'll found out more today. Danville's radio anouncers said that coach Harp had said Will Dunn had been sick going home early one day and coming in late friday. I just assumed that long run probaly affected him already being weak. As for the ads being small, they aren't the biggest team around, they may have just looked smaller because of Mason County's size. I heard your receivers and Q-back were all tall. Also, Danville's Players are relatively young and inexperienced, but I think thry have a ton of potential. They only have about 8 or 9 seniors. I'm hoping they can keep their confidence thru this difficult first part of the schedule and be much more polished when district play starts. I watched them practice this summer and they didn't get much contact practice in. I think they just need a lot of reps with the offense and hold on to the ball. The defense disappointed me the most, even though the offense wasn't clicking, they should of been able to slow Mason County down.:confused:

 

I agree...The Ads Defense was a huge disapointment...Next week in Practice Coach Harp Should do nothing but work on holding onto the ball...And tackling...

Just got in from the game...Bad Bad Bad night...Mason Co.Was just the better team...First Class Team First Class Fans...Did any of you guys at the game see blue lights out on the highway around the start of the 4th quarter?

 

I left early with the game out of hand...I stop and gas up...Get back on the highway,stop at the red light in the right lane...Bang a red truck plows into the car next to me in the left lane...I call my wife and tell her good thing I was in the right lane...I get to the next red light and Wireman beeps in...bang that same person Runs into me...Smashing the back end of my car...The car might be totaled...I was able to get a ride back home...I am still in a little shock but I am Ok...

 

BTW The Guy Driving was DUI...I hear I was the third person He hit...I just hope He had insurance...

 

Pretty tough night all around. Glad you're ok.

Pretty tough night all around. Glad you're ok.

 

Thanks Bro...Things could have been a lot worse...:thumb:

Just read Danville's newspaper about the game. Seems Coach Harp isn't willing to give credit where credit is due. Danville made Mason look good or Mason made Danville look bad?

 

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2009/08/22/spo.913626.sto

 

I don't think he would take anything away from Mason's performance, but 8 fumbles speaks for itself.

I don't think he would take anything away from Mason's performance, but 8 fumbles speaks for itself.

 

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sure looks like he's being a little 'discrediting' to the Royals. I'd say the Ads haven't had it handed to them like that in a long time so it would be hard to swallow, but it makes it worse when you try to make excuses, IMO. The Royals clearly man handled the Ads, no questions or excuses about it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.