July 13, 200917 yr Brandon Knight has one of the quickest first steps I've ever seen. I'd love to see him in UK blue. I'm still pretty torn on Knight. His first step is solid, but looks a lot better because he can pull up from anywhere. He's an elite defender when he wants to be at the 1, 2 and 3, he can score in bunches in a variety of ways but something is missing. I knew going in he is in me first mode, so that isn't it. Talent level and potential is for sure off the charts though...
July 13, 200917 yr I read where Dave Telep said that Knight messed his ankle up pretty good at the Peach Jam.
July 13, 200917 yr I read where Dave Telep said that Knight messed his ankle up pretty good at the Peach Jam. Broke a bone in his foot. He's done for the summer...
July 13, 200917 yr Broke a bone in his foot. He's done for the summer... Sometimes those can hurt you for a while, depending on the bone.
July 14, 200917 yr Are we seriously having a debate about UK having recruiting problems? C'mon. Cal is the best in the land (other than maybe Roy Williams).
July 14, 200917 yr Are we seriously having a debate about UK having recruiting problems? C'mon. Cal is the best in the land (other than maybe Roy Williams). There's no debate at all. It's one person stating his concern and everyone else telling him it will all be ok. No one is debating.
July 14, 200917 yr Really? Is this really a thread? We did not have Wall, Cousins, or Bledsoe at this time last year and the most recent class turned out ok. I'm pretty sure Cal can come up with one or two players before he tips off in 2 YEARS.
July 16, 200917 yr Looking ahead we have 4 scholarships assuming Patterson goes to the NBA (Harris, Stevenson, Patterson, and open scholarship) and assuming Wall and Cousins don't leave for the NBA My bets would be on signing Knight, Lamb, and Leslie. The 4th signee could possibly come from Payne, Leonard, & Clark. A 5th or 6th signee could also come from this last group of three. I see Barnes going to Kansas. Just my roll of the dice at this early stage.
July 16, 200917 yr Looking ahead we have 4 scholarships assuming Patterson goes to the NBA (Harris, Stevenson, Patterson, and open scholarship) and assuming Wall and Cousins don't leave for the NBA My bets would be on signing Knight, Lamb, and Leslie. The 4th signee could possibly come from Payne, Leonard, & Clark. A 5th or 6th signee could also come from this last group of three. I see Barnes going to Kansas. Just my roll of the dice at this early stage. Wall WILL go to the NBA. Cousins or even Orton COULD go.
July 17, 200917 yr Read some tidbits from Eric Bossi and he said the general perception is that UK is in the driver's seat for Rakeem Christmas in the 2011 class. Christmas is a top five talent and in same class with Gilchrist.
September 11, 200917 yr Author Does anyone feel a little worried now we have entered September with no committments?
September 11, 200917 yr Does anyone feel a little worried now we have entered September with no committments? No.
September 11, 200917 yr Does anyone feel a little worried now we have entered September with no committments? Two months later and the answer is still No...
September 11, 200917 yr No, not at all. Lot of top guys still on the board and UK is still in discussion for most. Here's a name though we haven't really discussed who I think very could be one of our first committs, or one of the four guys we take in this class. Stacey Poole. Ranked around 27th, he's not been one of the players who have been talked about that much, but can score in bunches. He's a 6'5'' wing and something we are in need of. Again, its not a flashy name that everyone can get pumped for, but for me personally I think he's the type of guy we need in this class. Fringe 5 star who can score inside, outside, and his game fits perfect with the DDM. Has a lot of respect for South Carolina and Clemson because they have been on him since the beginning, but IMO he is Kentucky's to have. Personally, I would prefer him over Lamb being Doron wants to play some point, wants to do this, wants to do that. Athletically Poole is more gifted, and in the long run I think he gives you the better minutes. As of right now, I think the class we reel in looks like.... Knight or Selby Stacey Poole Tobias Harris or CJ Leslie Adriane Payne Doron Lamb may end up in there but not so sure on that. I see us getting one of each in either Knight/Selby, Tobias Harris/CJ Leslie, don't think we take both and think if we don't get one we will get the other. IMO a pretty good class to follow up with last years class.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.