September 11, 200917 yr No, not at all. Lot of top guys still on the board and UK is still in discussion for most. Here's a name though we haven't really discussed who I think very could be one of our first committs, or one of the four guys we take in this class. Stacey Poole. Ranked around 27th, he's not been one of the players who have been talked about that much, but can score in bunches. He's a 6'5'' wing and something we are in need of. Again, its not a flashy name that everyone can get pumped for, but for me personally I think he's the type of guy we need in this class. Fringe 5 star who can score inside, outside, and his game fits perfect with the DDM. Has a lot of respect for South Carolina and Clemson because they have been on him since the beginning, but IMO he is Kentucky's to have. Personally, I would prefer him over Lamb being Doron wants to play some point, wants to do this, wants to do that. Athletically Poole is more gifted, and in the long run I think he gives you the better minutes. As of right now, I think the class we reel in looks like.... Knight or Selby Stacey Poole Tobias Harris or CJ Leslie Adriane Payne Doron Lamb may end up in there but not so sure on that. I see us getting one of each in either Knight/Selby, Tobias Harris/CJ Leslie, don't think we take both and think if we don't get one we will get the other. IMO a pretty good class to follow up with last years class. I like what I've seen of Poole but there is no way I'd take him over Lamb...
September 11, 200917 yr I like what I've seen of Poole but there is no way I'd take him over Lamb... I think Poole will be a four year player without question, while Lamb I think would jump as soon as he could. Lamb can play the two but wants to see lots of minutes at the one. Poole is a three in high school but could very well play the two. He is a great fit for the DDM. My take is Kentucky will be fine at the PG spot for quite some time. However, what they are not set at is the 2-3 spots. I think Poole fills that void and adds depth for four years while Lamb could end up being more trouble than hes worth for two to three years. Just to pick two players, I'd pick Lamb, but to pick one for Kentucky's situation I'd take Poole.
September 11, 200917 yr I think Poole will be a four year player without question, while Lamb I think would jump as soon as he could. Lamb can play the two but wants to see lots of minutes at the one. Poole is a three in high school but could very well play the two. He is a great fit for the DDM. My take is Kentucky will be fine at the PG spot for quite some time. However, what they are not set at is the 2-3 spots. I think Poole fills that void and adds depth for four years while Lamb could end up being more trouble than hes worth for two to three years. Just to pick two players, I'd pick Lamb, but to pick one for Kentucky's situation I'd take Poole. At this point I would take any of the guys you have mentioned!
September 11, 200917 yr I am quite confident that Calipari and UK will get their fair share of recruits, but Golden does bring up some a worry that I have had but its been so miniscule that I haven't paid much attention to it. I think we will be fine, but that little bit of unease about not having a committed player for the 2010 class will still be there no matter how small it is or how far you push it back into your mind. We will be fine but I really would like to see a commitment soon, if possible of course...
September 11, 200917 yr I think Poole will be a four year player without question, while Lamb I think would jump as soon as he could. Lamb can play the two but wants to see lots of minutes at the one. Poole is a three in high school but could very well play the two. He is a great fit for the DDM. My take is Kentucky will be fine at the PG spot for quite some time. However, what they are not set at is the 2-3 spots. I think Poole fills that void and adds depth for four years while Lamb could end up being more trouble than hes worth for two to three years. Just to pick two players, I'd pick Lamb, but to pick one for Kentucky's situation I'd take Poole. I think you are taking Lamb's comment about playing some PG and blowing it way out of context. I have watched him play a lot and talked to him several times and never once did he act like trouble...
September 11, 200917 yr I think you are taking Lamb's comment about playing some PG and blowing it way out of context. I have watched him play a lot and talked to him several times and never once did he act like trouble... Isn't he going to be playing PG this year for Oak Hill?
September 11, 200917 yr Isn't he going to be playing PG this year for Oak Hill? He will play a lot of PG for Oak Hill. He's a combo guard that can score from anywhere and can handle the rock. That's exactly what you need in the DDM...
September 11, 200917 yr Isn't he going to be playing PG this year for Oak Hill? Either way, I don't look at it as being trouble, I just look at it as different scenario's. The first is I think the chances of him coming to Kentucky keep getting slimmer The second is that I really think he wants to play quite a bit of PG at the next level being it is probably the most likely position to get him into the league. If Kentucky brings in a Knight, Selby, or Teague, with Bledsoe already here, then Kentucky isn't looking like the best place for him to get those minutes, thus he looks somewhere he where he can get those minutes. I like Lamb's game and would like to see him at Kentucky, I am just trying to be realistic in who I think UK will end up with as a recruiting class. If we get Lamb that is great, but with him wanting to play some PG, I don't think Kentucky is the place where he can do it when theres other big name schools on his list in which he can. I just don't want another situation where a coach promises a player something and it doesn't happen. Kentucky normally has a good track record with OHA guys, but Gillespie kind of ruined the last one. I am still kind of torn from that.
September 11, 200917 yr He will play a lot of PG for Oak Hill. He's a combo guard that can score from anywhere and can handle the rock. That's exactly what you need in the DDM... Okay, exactly. Do you think Kentucky will get at least one of Knight, or Selby? I'm not disagreeing with you at all G, you know I respect your opinion. I am just saying that I think Calipari wants as much versatility in this class as he can get, and chances are he's only taking four players so he can save a couple schollys for 11'. Lamb is a great combo guard but when you already have two PG's on the roster who will probably get most of your minutes (next year being either Knight/Selby and Bledsoe, I would like to see us get a guy who can play the two and the three instead of just the one and the two. If we miss out on Knight, Selby, Irving, etc. Then yes, I would take Lamb any day. I just think Kentucky's best option is to have a guy who can score on the wing and Cal must think so too since he has an in home with Poole. It's more about not having a teamful of guys who can play point than it is Lamb's ability. Get a PG for the class a 2-3 type a 3-4 type and a big. Knight/Selby Poole Harris/Leslie Payne
September 11, 200917 yr Okay, exactly. Do you think Kentucky will get at least one of Knight, or Selby? I'm not disagreeing with you at all G, you know I respect your opinion. I am just saying that I think Calipari wants as much versatility in this class as he can get, and chances are he's only taking four players so he can save a couple schollys for 11'. Lamb is a great combo guard but when you already have two PG's on the roster who will probably get most of your minutes (next year being either Knight/Selby and Bledsoe, I would like to see us get a guy who can play the two and the three instead of just the one and the two. If we miss out on Knight, Selby, Irving, etc. Then yes, I would take Lamb any day. I just think Kentucky's best option is to have a guy who can score on the wing and Cal must think so too since he has an in home with Poole. It's more about not having a teamful of guys who can play point than it is Lamb's ability. Get a PG for the class a 2-3 type a 3-4 type and a big. Knight/Selby Poole Harris/Leslie Payne For his AAU team Lamb played almost strictly on the wing and was a force playing the 2 or 3. Keep in mind with the DDM that once the ball is kicked out to the wing you need a guy that can both A. knock down the open jumper (something UK is really lacking with this roster IMO) or B. attack the rim once again as the motion continues. Lamb does both of those things at a very high level. I think the ideal class for UK in 2010 would be Knight, Lamb, Harris and a big. My feelings on Payne are well documented, and I still don't think he does much for whatever program that lands him for at least 2 years and by then he will likely be gone. If he does pick UK you guys will be pulling your hair out wondering what all the hype was about on him...
September 11, 200917 yr For his AAU team Lamb played almost strictly on the wing and was a force playing the 2 or 3. Keep in mind with the DDM that once the ball is kicked out to the wing you need a guy that can both A. knock down the open jumper (something UK is really lacking with this roster IMO) or B. attack the rim once again as the motion continues. Lamb does both of those things at a very high level. I think the ideal class for UK in 2010 would be Knight, Lamb, Harris and a big. My feelings on Payne are well documented, and I still don't think he does much for whatever program that lands him for at least 2 years and by then he will likely be gone. If he does pick UK you guys will be pulling your hair out wondering what all the hype was about on him... So you think Lamb is better at attacking the rim than Poole is? Not sarcasm at all, I respect your professional opinion () . I was just under the impression Poole was much better at getting to the rim, while I know Lamb can knock down the deep ball and create very well. As far as Payne, I think most UK fans know that we just need big bodies for next year as we will be loosing most of what is on the roster. If Payne is a bum, then he is a top 20 bum that is a big body. Something we are going to need after Patterson, Stevenson, and Cousins go. When Orton and Harrellson goes then we are done in that department.
September 11, 200917 yr So you think Lamb is better at attacking the rim than Poole is? Not sarcasm at all, I respect your professional opinion () . I was just under the impression Poole was much better at getting to the rim, while I know Lamb can knock down the deep ball and create very well. Poole is slightly better attacking the rim but is way behind in shooting it from distance. Like I said, you need to be able to do both at a high level to run the DDM without teams sagging in the lane or playing junk zone defense because they don't respect your ability to knock down the wide open jumper off penetration. Lamb gives you more versatility and can play the 1, 2 or 3...
September 15, 200917 yr Wow....already people are bashing and hating on the work of Cal. give it time...i suspect we will get a few big names...unless these "violations" in previous posts are as bad as some people are making them out to be. :confused:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.