Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks to Bucks

Featured Replies

Glad to see him go above Marcus Johnson (I think that's his name), from LSU.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he makes the team, but I also hope its not at the expense of Keith Bogans.

Ahh yes, the Milwaukee Bucks, where players go to never be heard from again....:lol:

 

Tha'ts what I said when they drafted Jennings.

 

Meeks will join Keith Bogans on the team...Here's the 4 players he will be going against for playing time...

 

Redd - 21 PPG

Sessions - 12.4 PPG

Ridinour - 9.6 PPG

Bogans -

 

And Brandon Jennings.

 

I hope he makes the team, but I also hope its not at the expense of Keith Bogans.

 

Meeks will probably be sent to the D-League. What will he do then?

Tha'ts what I said when they drafted Jennings.

 

 

 

And Brandon Jennings.

 

 

 

Meeks will probably be sent to the D-League. What will he do then?

He is a PG.
He is a PG.

 

Still will take away backcourt minutes. And a roster spot.

Sorry Meeks you made a poor decsion, IMO you can not make this roster.

Sorry Meeks you made a poor decsion, IMO you can not make this roster.

 

What does that tell you? He can't play on one of the worst teams in the league.

Sorry Meeks you made a poor decsion, IMO you can not make this roster.

That is one argument. The other argument is that Meeks was not going to improve his draft stock any more than he already had with next year being a much deeper draft.

Congrats to Meeks. I hope he makes someones roster.

I don't see him making their roster anyway so he will be a FA at some point.

 

Be careful...I got ripped for saying the same thing about Joe Crawford with the Lakers after last years draft.

 

Oh, wait a minute...UK fans are mad at Meeks because he made a bad decision and chose the NBA draft over returning for his senior season. They're still bitter, so you're probably safe.

 

:D

Can he still come back to UK since he didn't have an agent?

Can he still come back to UK since he didn't have an agent?

No.

The summer league will tell a lot about whether Meeks makes the roster...if he shows he can score then Ridenour might be out the door with the Bucks...as Meeks is quicker (with those violent cuts) and cheaper than what Ridenour is with Milwaukee which in a mid-market team like Milwaukee is always a benefit.

The guy drafted in the same spot last year got a 2 yr deal for $450k in year one and $736k in year 2.

I don't think this is a bad place to be at all for Meeks. In fact, I think his game reminds me of Michael Redd's (another 2nd round pick).

 

If I had to guess, I'd say Meeks finds himself in the D-League for the majority of next season, before eventually moving up to the NBA roster. I have heard Michael Redd will not be around after this next season, and I believe he is a free agent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.