Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roster Cuts: Three Wildcats Already Gone

Featured Replies

They get a chance every day in practice.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a probelm with them being held accountable. I have more of a problem with these kids not be able to transfer and play right away. I think every kid should be able to transfer every year if they so choose.

 

So are you saying kids are not property of the school but property of the coach? Meaning they come to play for a certain coach and not the school.

 

That is the way college athletics are now-a-days. Kids dont commit to schools unless they are life-long fans. Kids commit to coaches. I thought that was understood.

I don't have a probelm with them being held accountable. I have more of a problem with these kids not be able to transfer and play right away. I think every kid should be able to transfer every year if they so choose.

 

So are you saying kids are not property of the school but property of the coach? Meaning they come to play for a certain coach and not the school.

 

I would like to see players get a full release with a coaching change or their scholly getting pulled. By full release, I mean they can transfer with eligibility anywhere. It would probably be a good idea to let the school block somewhere between one to three teams to protect from tampering. I believe this would level the field sufficiently to what you are describing.

Williams, Porter, and ?

 

Carter can't come back next year.

 

I'm pretty sure Carter could get another year by applying for a medical redshirt.

This is the discussion I have been waiting for. The NCAA has to start protecting kids that are on scholarship. When a kids transfers he gets punished and has to lose a year of playing time. Coaches are allowed to change Universities like changing underwear and all I hear is kids play for a school not a coach.

 

Well here are 3 kids that "Picked a University to play for" that are now getting punished for picking to the wrong school. Neither the school or the NCAA will due right by these kids. So once again the kids are getting the raw end of the deal.

 

Now I understand Coach Cal wants his own kids or kids that fit into his system. But shouldn't he have to do that after these other kids graduate?

 

Now many on here will attack me because they can't see throught Blue Shaded glasses. But the question I want to ask is, Is this fair to teenage kids who chose your school over others?

 

I agree with you.:thumb: I can understand a coach wanting to come in and establish his team, but the players there that are "purged" should have the ability to transfer and play immediately. This level of college basketball is big business....why let the student-athlete thing get in the way...:irked:

I don't think that's referring to Carter because he's graduated.

 

Carter would most likely be eligible for a 5th year...

This is the discussion I have been waiting for. The NCAA has to start protecting kids that are on scholarship. When a kids transfers he gets punished and has to lose a year of playing time. Coaches are allowed to change Universities like changing underwear and all I hear is kids play for a school not a coach.

 

Well here are 3 kids that "Picked a University to play for" that are now getting punished for picking to the wrong school. Neither the school or the NCAA will due right by these kids. So once again the kids are getting the raw end of the deal.

 

Now I understand Coach Cal wants his own kids or kids that fit into his system. But shouldn't he have to do that after these other kids graduate?

 

Now many on here will attack me because they can't see throught Blue Shaded glasses. But the question I want to ask is, Is this fair to teenage kids who chose your school over others?

 

You are dead on, unfortunately, none of the matters anymore. I hope the kids that are gone are able to play right away.

I hate teaser articles that don't tell who the players are :lol:. I'm assuming 1 is Williams, the other is Porter or Carter?

I feel for the kids being let go. Will coach Cal help them find a team to transfer to?

Maybe this is painting with too broad a brush:

 

Wildcat fans: Just win, baby

Other fans: Shorts are in a wad

 

 

I also feel that if the players that are let go can't go somewhere else and play immediately, it's an injustice.

Tipton reports that he believes AJ Stewart is one of the three...

 

I've heard Stewart has grade problems...

I also feel that if the players that are let go can't go somewhere else and play immediately, it's an injustice.

 

 

I am not a UK fan, but that is all I am saying.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.