Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roster Cuts: Three Wildcats Already Gone

Featured Replies

The kid's scholarships are based on a year to year basis. Just as a kid who receives an academic scholarship is held accountable for not performing well in the classroom these kids are held accountable for their productivity on the court. Right or wrong that is the way it is.

 

That is the best way I think I've heard this explained thus far. :thumb:

 

Only thing I might add is that these ball players have to perform well in the class room as well. Student athlete in the form of a b-ball player at a major university is no easy task.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel for the kids being let go. Will coach Cal help them find a team to transfer to?

 

With everything he's continuously done, I'd say he'll do just about everything he can to put these guys in a good situation.

This is the discussion I have been waiting for. The NCAA has to start protecting kids that are on scholarship. When a kids transfers he gets punished and has to lose a year of playing time. Coaches are allowed to change Universities like changing underwear and all I hear is kids play for a school not a coach.

 

Well here are 3 kids that "Picked a University to play for" that are now getting punished for picking to the wrong school. Neither the school or the NCAA will due right by these kids. So once again the kids are getting the raw end of the deal.

 

Now I understand Coach Cal wants his own kids or kids that fit into his system. But shouldn't he have to do that after these other kids graduate?

 

Now many on here will attack me because they can't see throught Blue Shaded glasses. But the question I want to ask is, Is this fair to teenage kids who chose your school over others?

 

 

These kids aren't good enough to play at the University of Kentucky. Thats all it is about, its about "cleaning house" so to speak. I bet the NCAA lets these kids play somewhere next year without having to sit out imo. They will transfer somewhere where they will be able to play more and get better as a basketball player. And to respond to your statement about how they picked the school not the coach, these kids didn't have the luxury the other playes had about having many great schools to choose from. UK is done getting these type of players and I wish them the best but its in their best interest as a basketball player to move on to some other school.

That is the best way I think I've heard this explained thus far. :thumb:

 

Only thing I might add is that these ball players have to perform well in the class room as well. Student athlete in the form of a b-ball player at a major university is no easy task.

Not necessarily the best way to look at it. As freshmen, you take freshman level classes.

 

As an athlete, we expect all players to come in and show they can compete with seniors.

 

We allow the opportunity for growth in the classroom, but expect to overachieve in athletics.

I don't have a probelm with them being held accountable. I have more of a problem with these kids not be able to transfer and play right away. I think every kid should be able to transfer every year if they so choose.

 

So are you saying kids are not property of the school but property of the coach? Meaning they come to play for a certain coach and not the school.

 

 

:thumb: Right on the money.

But what if you dont get a chance?

 

Everyone gets a chance in practice. If you're no good, there's no way of hiding it.

Williams, Carter and Stewart...

 

I think UK will still have to free up another scholarship or 2.

 

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Galloway

Patterson

Pilgrim

Stewart

Harrelson

Liggins

Miller

Hood

Orton

Wall

Cousins

Bledsoe

Dobson

 

Williams and Carter are definitly gone. There is 15 players that may play for UK.

Not necessarily the best way to look at it. As freshmen, you take freshman level classes.

 

As an athlete, we expect all players to come in and show they can compete with seniors.

 

We allow the opportunity for growth in the classroom, but expect to overachieve in athletics.

 

We'll agree to disagree. A freshmen on academic scholarship is not likely to be taking the same level of courses as other "standard freshmen" Perhaps you missed analyzing your own post while analyzing mine....:idunno:

I would like to see players get a full release with a coaching change or their scholly getting pulled. By full release, I mean they can transfer with eligibility anywhere. It would probably be a good idea to let the school block somewhere between one to three teams to protect from tampering. I believe this would level the field sufficiently to what you are describing.

 

I can't argue with that at all.

^You listed Stewart, who GT has as gone..

 

I listed all the player who could still play at UK. We already know Carter and Williams are gone. While it appears Stewart is gone nothing is definite with him.

I listed all the player who could still play at UK. We already know Carter and Williams are gone. While it appears Stewart is gone nothing is definite with him.

I wasn't guessing or giving an opinion...

1 to go if Meeks returns. I'm not at liberty to say ant more than that at this time...

 

 

If Meeks returns, won't that leave the roster at 15? Or are you saying one of the other below is already gone as well?

 

 

1.Meeks

2.Harris

3.Stevenson

4.Galloway

5.Patterson

6.Pilgrim

7.Harrelson

8.Liggins

9.Miller

10.Hood

11.Orton

12.Wall

13.Cousins

14.Bledsoe

15.Dodson

  • Author
If Meeks returns, won't that leave the roster at 15? Or are you saying one of the other below is already gone as well?

 

 

1.Meeks

2.Harris

3.Stevenson

4.Galloway

5.Patterson

6.Pilgrim

7.Harrelson

8.Liggins

9.Miller

10.Hood

11.Orton

12.Wall

13.Cousins

14.Bledsoe

15.Dodson

 

I am working on an article for my site right now and I was just figuring the same thing. I am counting 15 scholarship players if Meeks returns. That would mean two other players are going to either get the boot or be relegated to walk on status.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.