All 2000-2009 team

buzzer beater

Wade was a great player, but his one performance against UK and his time in the NBA are overshadowing and elevating his status during his college career. Similar to Michael Jordan. There are a lot of people that list Jordan as one of the greatest college hoops players ever. While great in college, he is not on the Mount Rushmore of college basketball.

The past 3 seasons Curry has been one heck of a college player...

Look where Curry plays, look where Wade played. The C-USA back then and the SoCon now, are two different playing fields. Wade went up against a lot of top teams during that season, against a lot of very good players. Curry can drop 40 on a team with an RPI at around 200. Wade went against Josh Howard, Reece Gains, Taquan Dean, Brandin Knight, Bogans, Fitch, Aaron Miles, and Kirk Hinrich. Curry is a great player, I'm not saying that, but not as good as D-Wade. And btw, Wade had more than just one high performance that year.

Look where Curry plays, look where Wade played. The C-USA back then and the SoCon now, are two different playing fields. Wade went up against a lot of top teams during that season, against a lot of very good players. Curry can drop 40 on a team with an RPI at around 200. Wade went against Josh Howard, Reece Gains, Taquan Dean, Brandin Knight, Bogans, Fitch, Aaron Miles, and Kirk Hinrich. Curry is a great player, I'm not saying that, but not as good as D-Wade. And btw, Wade had more than just one high performance that year.

So did Jodie Meeks this past season, but 99% of people will only remember than one night in Knoxville 10 years from now. Meeks carried that one performance to a second team all american status, something I do not feel he deserved. Just as 99% of most people will only remember Wade's triple double in the 2003 tourny.

You are also making my argument for Curry in your post. Curry has dropped a lot of points on some good teams. Even though they came up 1 point short, you can argue Davidson's run was just as impressive as Marquette's that season.

Curry is in the Southern Conference and he nearly single handily took his team to the Final Four just as Wade did.

So did Jodie Meeks this past season, but 99% of people will only remember than one night in Knoxville 10 years from now. Meeks carried that one performance to a second team all american status, something I do not feel he deserved. Just as 99% of most people will only remember Wade's triple double in the 2003 tourny.

You are also making my argument for Curry in your post. Curry has dropped a lot of points on some good teams. Even though they came up 1 point short, you can argue Davidson's run was just as impressive as Marquette's that season.

Curry is in the Southern Conference and he nearly single handily took his team to the Final Four just as Wade did.

People will also remember Meeks other big games, not just that one. To most that will stick out, but to others who actually follow this game the other big games will too. I remember watching Wade on ESPN prior to the tournament that year, you could tell he was a special player. I remember a lot of his big games, and I will even 10 years from now.

Yes he did, because he was all Davidson had. Wade actually had other good players along his side, while Curry did not. If you flip flop those two guys, put Curry on a C-USA team right now like UAB(Marq wasn't in the BigEast then) and Wade on a SoCon team back then, I promise you Wade would have put up much better numbers than Curry, and Steph would have put up less points than he did while at Davidson.

Curry and Davidson went up against Gonzaga, G'Town, Wisconsin, and Kansas. All those teams were very talented, and I won't argue this it was impressive wins for a team like Davidson. Marquette went up against Missouri, Pitt, Kentucky, and Kansas. Those teams were overall better than the ones Curry had to face. From that standpoint, you can argue the two. They both had amazing tourney runs, but Wade took his team farther. To me Curry can be argued as the better player because he stayed in school longer, but to me Wade was one of the most exciting players I ever watched, and he didn't play in a weak slop conference like the SoCon..

Shane Battier has to be at least on the bench. It was a great college player. Better than Morrison IMO.

Battier was good, yes. But to me Morrison was the better all around college player.

Battier's stats - 13 points and 6 rebounds a game for his career. His best season, 19 points and 7 rebounds a game.

Morrison's stats - 19 points and 5 rebounds a game for his career. His best season, 28 points and 5 rebounds a game.

IMO, Tayshuan Prince is definitly a bench player!:thumb:

That could be argued. I am a guy all about stats, and Prince had some nice numbers for his career. He could be a bench guy for sure.

Battier was good, yes. But to me Morrison was the better all around college player.

Battier's stats - 13 points and 6 rebounds a game for his career. His best season, 19 points and 7 rebounds a game.

Morrison's stats - 19 points and 5 rebounds a game for his career. His best season, 28 points and 5 rebounds a game.

That could be argued. I am a guy all about stats, and Prince had some nice numbers for his career. He could be a bench guy for sure.

Battier had to play with Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy and Carlos Boozer in College. That's going to severly cut into anybody's production. With all due respect to Derek Ravio and JP Batista, who were good college players in their own right, but Battier had better people around him, thus taking the pressure off of him. If Morrison averages 20 points a game his junior season no one talks about him on this thread because the Zags don't make it to the Elite 8 and no one really knows about Morrison. I never had Morrison as the best player that year, I had Maurice Ager and JJ Redick ahead of him.