Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Orton Asks For Release

Featured Replies

  • Author
Its 4 different scenarios. They all have different odds.

 

That's what I was trying to explain, but couldn't figure out how to make it sound right :lol:

 

It doesn't add up to a total - each is different.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was the Scout national guy that broke the story and Evan Daniels is solid. I'd be shocked if he got it wrong...

 

The Scout article states that Orton requested his release prior to Coach Cal being hired. I find that hard to believe for a myriad of reasons.

If Orton does leave then that just says something about his character and what he is all about instead of what we all thought he was about. For the past year almost we have been celebrating Orton's commitment to the Cats and valuing how much he was all about the Kentucky tradition. Orton said the right things and made us think Kentucky is where he wanted to be simply because it is "Kentucky".

 

Now, after Cousins has committed he looks to be opening things back up. To me that sends out red flags to a few different points. If Daniel really was pumped to be a Wildcat and be involved in all of this tradition, wouldn't you think he would relish in the fact that he will have solid talent around him. Is he doubting his own abilities being that with Cousins around he thinks he cannot hang? I mean most players would love to have this oppurtunity (to get to play with talent) but in a way it seems Daniel is jealous or mad. Now I understand he may have close ties to BCG, but with that said you would think he would have tried to opt out a.) after BCG was fired or b.) after Calipari was signed. However, he dd not opt out until c.) we land a big time recruit not named Daniel Orton.

 

 

So after waiting so long hoping the guy comes off his knee injury and not being able to wait for him to suit up in Kentucky blue being thats what I thought he really wanted to do, turns out he may try and throw all that away, why, because he don't want to play on a good team with good incoming talent? I mean I don't get it. The way I look at it I hate to lose Daniel, but if someone doesn't want to be a part of whats going on right now (the rebirth of basketball greatness in the bluegrass) then why even care about them?

If Orton does leave then that just says something about his character and what he is all about instead of what we all thought he was about. For the past year almost we have been celebrating Orton's commitment to the Cats and valuing how much he was all about the Kentucky tradition. Orton said the right things and made us think Kentucky is where he wanted to be simply because it is "Kentucky".

 

 

 

I don't agree with the bolded part. I mean why is it that most of my fellow UK fans, like to say something about a guy after they might decide not to come to UK. I mean all the time on here we have people talking up recruits, then if they decide not to come here. Then the same people say well we better off without him, he is not really that good, or now he doesn't have good character. Yet we welcome with open arms guys who committed to other schools and acted like they wanted to be at that school. As people on here say all the time, it is usually about the coach and not the school. He had a relationship with Billy G, not with Coach Cal. So not only does he not have a relationship with Coach Cal, but now he also has other top guys at his position coming in with him to go along with Patterson and Pilgram who are already there. So I just don't agree questioning his character because of this. I mean should we question the character of Cousins or any other player that might come here that were committed to Memphis already?

Do we have conformation from SSF yet???

 

Yes, no & it's hard to tell at this point.

 

At this point, the only thing that is clear is that Orton may or may not be a Kentucky Wildcat next season.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dolamite, which do you think Orton should value more; UK and its tradition, or Daniel Orton and his self interests (whatever they may be)?

If Orton does leave then that just says something about his character and what he is all about instead of what we all thought he was about. For the past year almost we have been celebrating Orton's commitment to the Cats and valuing how much he was all about the Kentucky tradition. Orton said the right things and made us think Kentucky is where he wanted to be simply because it is "Kentucky".

 

Now, after Cousins has committed he looks to be opening things back up. To me that sends out red flags to a few different points. If Daniel really was pumped to be a Wildcat and be involved in all of this tradition, wouldn't you think he would relish in the fact that he will have solid talent around him. Is he doubting his own abilities being that with Cousins around he thinks he cannot hang? I mean most players would love to have this oppurtunity (to get to play with talent) but in a way it seems Daniel is jealous or mad. Now I understand he may have close ties to BCG, but with that said you would think he would have tried to opt out a.) after BCG was fired or b.) after Calipari was signed. However, he dd not opt out until c.) we land a big time recruit not named Daniel Orton.

 

 

So after waiting so long hoping the guy comes off his knee injury and not being able to wait for him to suit up in Kentucky blue being thats what I thought he really wanted to do, turns out he may try and throw all that away, why, because he don't want to play on a good team with good incoming talent? I mean I don't get it. The way I look at it I hate to lose Daniel, but if someone doesn't want to be a part of whats going on right now (the rebirth of basketball greatness in the bluegrass) then why even care about them?

 

I understand what you're saying, but we're dealing with a 17 or 18 year old KID.

 

And let's not forget that this KID had a very difficult year, which included a knee surgery that prevented him from playing basketball for a while. It included the loss of his mother. And, as much as I hate to say this, because it pales in comparison to the loss of his mother, the coach whom he trusted & wanted to play for has now left.

 

We're not even 100% sure that he's asked for his release. If he has, I hope Kentucky grants his full release. The KIDhas been through a lot, and deserves the opportunity to play wherever he wants.

 

I understand that him leaving may not be the best thing for the program; however, we're in good shape as it is. Even if we were not, you have to remember that we're dealing with kids, families and human lives here. There's no need to be so insensitive.

dolamite, which do you think Orton should value more; UK and its tradition, or Daniel Orton and his self interests (whatever they may be)?

 

I'm not sure if you missed the update or not but every kid that considers UK should come b/c of the tradition. Then once they get here they shouldn't leave early unless they won at least one but probably two titles. That's why Patterson and Meeks will for sure be back even if they dominate the NBA camps. Tradition baby. Who needs to earn Millions?

I'm not sure if you missed the update or not but every kid that considers UK should come b/c of the tradition. Then once they get here they shouldn't leave early unless they won at least one but probably two titles. That's why Patterson and Meeks will for sure be back even if they dominate the NBA camps. Tradition baby. Who needs to earn Miliions?

 

Seriously?:rolleyes:

Seriously?:rolleyes:

 

Actually NO. I didn't put a smiley w/ it b/c I figured the sarcasm was thick enough.

I don't agree with the bolded part. I mean why is it that most of my fellow UK fans, like to say something about a guy after they might decide not to come to UK. I mean all the time on here we have people talking up recruits, then if they decide not to come here. Then the same people say well we better off without him, he is not really that good, or now he doesn't have good character. Yet we welcome with open arms guys who committed to other schools and acted like they wanted to be at that school. As people on here say all the time, it is usually about the coach and not the school. He had a relationship with Billy G, not with Coach Cal. So not only does he not have a relationship with Coach Cal, but now he also has other top guys at his position coming in with him to go along with Patterson and Pilgram who are already there. So I just don't agree questioning his character because of this. I mean should we question the character of Cousins or any other player that might come here that were committed to Memphis already?

 

 

Bravo!!! :clap:

  • Author
Actually NO. I didn't put a smiley w/ it b/c I figured the sarcasm was thick enough.

 

Shewww, for a minute there I thought I had posted that. :lol:

Shewww, for a minute there I thought I had posted that. :lol:

 

Sadly some fans really do think that.

Actually NO. I didn't put a smiley w/ it b/c I figured the sarcasm was thick enough.

 

:lol: I couldn't tell! We do have some crazy fans out there who actually do believe this though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.