Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daniel Orton Asks For Release

Featured Replies

It seems Orton doesnt want any competition....With Pilgrim, we'll be fine imo.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orton knows Cousins will be a one and done, hed be in a 3 man rotation with Cousins and Patterson for one year and then he's in the spotlight. Someone should let him know there's going to be competition wherever he goes.

I just saw on Catspause that Larry Vaught talked to Larry Orton and he said they have not asked for a release yet... Anyone else hear the same?

I just saw on Catspause that Larry Vaught talked to Larry Orton and he said they have not asked for a release yet... Anyone else hear the same?

 

I have.

 

But maybe I haven't.

 

But I think it is possible that he stays and goes.

 

:sssh:

If Orton does leave then that just says something about his character and what he is all about instead of what we all thought he was about. For the past year almost we have been celebrating Orton's commitment to the Cats and valuing how much he was all about the Kentucky tradition. Orton said the right things and made us think Kentucky is where he wanted to be simply because it is "Kentucky".

 

Now, after Cousins has committed he looks to be opening things back up. To me that sends out red flags to a few different points. If Daniel really was pumped to be a Wildcat and be involved in all of this tradition, wouldn't you think he would relish in the fact that he will have solid talent around him. Is he doubting his own abilities being that with Cousins around he thinks he cannot hang? I mean most players would love to have this oppurtunity (to get to play with talent) but in a way it seems Daniel is jealous or mad. Now I understand he may have close ties to BCG, but with that said you would think he would have tried to opt out a.) after BCG was fired or b.) after Calipari was signed. However, he dd not opt out until c.) we land a big time recruit not named Daniel Orton.

 

 

So after waiting so long hoping the guy comes off his knee injury and not being able to wait for him to suit up in Kentucky blue being thats what I thought he really wanted to do, turns out he may try and throw all that away, why, because he don't want to play on a good team with good incoming talent? I mean I don't get it. The way I look at it I hate to lose Daniel, but if someone doesn't want to be a part of whats going on right now (the rebirth of basketball greatness in the bluegrass) then why even care about them?

 

 

I disagree. This says nothing about his character. This says he was committed to Billy G. This says he was promised things by BCG. It means he doesn't like what the new coach has to offer and thinks he might find a better situation some where else.

 

So lets not talk about a 18 year kids character.:irked:

I have.

 

But maybe I haven't.

 

But I think it is possible that he stays and goes.

 

:sssh:

 

:jump:

Nope.

 

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Pilgrim

Harrellson

Miller

Galloway

Liggins

Williams

Stewart

Patterson

Cousins

Hood

 

13.

Someone that is close to the program said Williams isn't coming back unless he walks on.

I think this will all settle itself out after the Derby Classic.

Evan Daniels is really good.

I hate to see Orton go, but these things happen with coaching changes.

I am excited about the Nolan Dennis news...he is the one who is often forgotten in the Memphis transition....the kid can play.

I don't think Daniel or his father will go back on his word even though there is an escape available. There are still people in this world who do what they say they are going to do. Call me crazy but the Ortons strike me as people who follow through with actions after their words. It will be refreshing to see a young person honor his commitment and a family pushing for a student-athlete to do what they said they would.

Someone that is close to the program said Williams isn't coming back unless he walks on.

 

I realize that, but as of right now he is still under scholarship.

I realize that, but as of right now he is still under scholarship.

 

Right now, yes.

 

Why? Because this year hasn't ended.

 

Unless Cal feels Williams has enough to offer, he won't be on scholarship at Kentucky next season.

I don't think Daniel or his father will go back on his word even though there is an escape available. There are still people in this world who do what they say they are going to do. Call me crazy but the Ortons strike me as people who follow through with actions after their words. It will be refreshing to see a young person honor his commitment and a family pushing for a student-athlete to do what they said they would.

 

 

So i take it you don't like the fact that Cousins and Dennis have backed out of their commitment to Memphis.

Larry Orton continues to deny that a release has been asked for and says it's all made up, all fiction.

 

 

Larry is probably worried about the treatment his son would receive from UK fans at the Derby Classic.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.