Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Porter's Future??

Featured Replies

He was never offered a scholarship by USC, and realistically I don't see where or how he could've of been a DB for them.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy has been getting STUDS that way for a while. If the kid goes to another NCAA school (D1 or D2) they have to sit out. If they want to play immediately they go to G-town or another NAIA school. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

 

This is true; several on this season's roster came to G'town via this route.

I for one am glad to see him go! If you can’t dribble, pass, and you can’t or don’t want to shoot you should not play basketball!! You can play as hard as you want, but this is D-1 basketball, not high school! He got the heat because he was a turnover machine, and was to slow on defense! Never understood why he started, but no excuses, he was a scholarship player, at a D-1 school, should have been able to handle it!

 

Porter was not playing badly by the end of the season and was more consistent than either of the other PG's. He had the second highest 3 pt. percentage on the team(of players having at last 20 attempts)and led the team in assists. He was second on the team in turnovers behind Meeks, although his turnover ratio per minute played was much better than Liggins(1 every 7.38 minutes), Galloway(1 every 7.5 minutes)comapred to Porter's 1 every 10.59 minutes played.

 

He may not be a big time PG, but he sure does seem to be a class kid who worked his tail off and gave all he had for the team.

I for one am glad to see him go! If you can’t dribble, pass, and you can’t or don’t want to shoot you should not play basketball!! You can play as hard as you want, but this is D-1 basketball, not high school! He got the heat because he was a turnover machine, and was to slow on defense! Never understood why he started, but no excuses, he was a scholarship player, at a D-1 school, should have been able to handle it!

 

 

Thankfully, people that think like that are in the extreme minority....

Comments concerning Porter have sure changed . I've always felt bad for him with all the negative comments he received when he was playing.Since he's leaving ,people are trying to make it up by making nice comments. I think he's a class act and didn't deserve all that criticism.

Comments concerning Porter have sure changed . I've always felt bad for him with all the negative comments he received when he was playing.Since he's leaving ,people are trying to make it up by making nice comments. I think he's a class act and didn't deserve all that criticism.

Thats what I'm thinking!

I always thought Porter said the right things in the right way on camera, very mature. Really hope he is honored on senior day next season

Porter always did what was asked of him. If that deserves criticism, then Blake Griffin didn't deserve the POY award!

Happy has been getting STUDS that way for a while. If the kid goes to another NCAA school (D1 or D2) they have to sit out. If they want to play immediately they go to G-town or another NAIA school. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

I think as long as you transfer down you don't have to sit. At least that's how it is in football.

I for one am glad to see him go! If you can’t dribble, pass, and you can’t or don’t want to shoot you should not play basketball!! You can play as hard as you want, but this is D-1 basketball, not high school! He got the heat because he was a turnover machine, and was to slow on defense! Never understood why he started, but no excuses, he was a scholarship player, at a D-1 school, should have been able to handle it!

 

I don't think you can blame someone for following a dream to play college basketball. He was probably one of the best players in his area, so naturally he probably thought he was good enough for UK. I don't think you can fault him for that. We all probably hold ourselves in higher regard, for instance I still hold out hope that one day Jennifer Love-Hewitt and I will be married, but it is very unlikely.

 

Porter committed the "Crime" of accepting a college scholarship. How dare him!!! (i'm being sarcastic of course). Leave the kid alone, I think we have bashed him enough, including myself. He wasn't a UK type of starting player, but other than playing badly at times, what did he ever do to embarrass this university. Porter seemed to be the type of kid off the court that any college coach would want.

 

Best of luck to Mr. Porter, this cat fan is proud that you were a Wildcat. I apologize for anything I have said about you.

I agree, and I for one thank that UK will miss him next year. I understand that they will probably have someone more talented at the position, but it is hard to find kids with grit and determination to do all the little things and who is also a SEnior. If we do indeed get a few of these high school all americans, I believe that Porter could have been a glue guy that helped make the team a lot better!

I don't think you can blame someone for following a dream to play college basketball. He was probably one of the best players in his area, so naturally he probably thought he was good enough for UK. I don't think you can fault him for that. We all probably hold ourselves in higher regard, for instance I still hold out hope that one day Jennifer Love-Hewitt and I will be married, but it is very unlikely.

 

Porter committed the "Crime" of accepting a college scholarship. How dare him!!! (i'm being sarcastic of course). Leave the kid alone, I think we have bashed him enough, including myself. He wasn't a UK type of starting player, but other than playing badly at times, what did he ever do to embarrass this university. Porter seemed to be the type of kid off the court that any college coach would want.

 

Best of luck to Mr. Porter, this cat fan is proud that you were a Wildcat. I apologize for anything I have said about you.

 

:thumb:

 

Well said! I never said anything negative about you, and I appreciate the grit that you showed at UK! You are a major part of the UK tradition!

I saw a poster in which Porter was going to be a speaker at, I think, Woodford Christian Church on April 18th.

 

If interested, probably could do an Internet search about it or maybe some poster is more familiar with his appearance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.