Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Porter's Future??

Featured Replies

How long has he been married?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always supported and liked Porter, a lot. You have to respect a kid from Cali that gave up a full ride to play football at USC, then play for UK in basketball. The kid is an athlete and got a bad rap at UK from a lot of people and now they and some on here are owning up to it, however, a bit late IMO. Great team player and hope he does well wherever he may land.

 

 

:thumb: Great post. Good luck to Michael as a husband, a father and a Christian young man.

You have to admire his work ethic he just had no business playing basketball for UK. I wish him the best in life.

I for one am glad to see him go! If you can’t dribble, pass, and you can’t or don’t want to shoot you should not play basketball!! You can play as hard as you want, but this is D-1 basketball, not high school! He got the heat because he was a turnover machine, and was to slow on defense! Never understood why he started, but no excuses, he was a scholarship player, at a D-1 school, should have been able to handle it!

I for one am glad to see him go! If you can’t dribble, pass, and you can’t or don’t want to shoot you should not play basketball!! You can play as hard as you want, but this is D-1 basketball, not high school! He got the heat because he was a turnover machine, and was to slow on defense! Never understood why he started, but no excuses, he was a scholarship player, at a D-1 school, should have been able to handle it!

 

I think Porter would be the first person to stand up and say that he has no excuses. He gave 100% and it is all he could have done.

 

In fairness to Porter, he was never brought in to be the starting PG at UK. He just happened to fall in to that position. Jasper left, Liggins is a head case that turns the ball over even more, and he was the only kid that could remotely resemble a PG on the team through the entire season. BCG on many occasions defended Porter for the criticism he endured.

Why could not Porter play his last year of eligible at Georgetown? He would not have to sit out or move either!!!

 

Georgetown is a conference school (KIAC) and he would have to sit out if he transfered.

Great young man who never had any off court issues. He represented UK very well, and I wish him the best of luck for a full and rewarding life.

Georgetown is a conference school (KIAC) and he would have to sit out if he transfered.

 

NAIA has a one-year exemption to the "sit-out" rule. Porter could transfer to Georgetown and play next year. I'm sure Happy would love to have him (and any of the other Cats who leave).

While I was watching the UNC games during the final four and the finals. I thought it could be great if Calapari got enough HIGH quality basketball players that Porter could become like the Frasure kid for UNC. A good defender that played in spots and gave great energy off the bench.

There's got to be room for the HIGH quality basketball players first though...

While I was watching the UNC games during the final four and the finals. I thought it could be great if Calapari got enough HIGH quality basketball players that Porter could become like the Frasure kid for UNC. A good defender that played in spots and gave great energy off the bench.

There's got to be room for the HIGH quality basketball players first though...

:thumb: Which is exactly what Porter was brought in to be at UK.

NAIA has a one-year exemption to the "sit-out" rule. Porter could transfer to Georgetown and play next year. I'm sure Happy would love to have him (and any of the other Cats who leave).

 

Didn't know that, they must have changed that ruling in recent years.

Didn't know that, they must have changed that ruling in recent years.

 

Happy has been getting STUDS that way for a while. If the kid goes to another NCAA school (D1 or D2) they have to sit out. If they want to play immediately they go to G-town or another NAIA school. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

Good luck MP! But I don't think he actually turned down a full ride to play football at USC, being recruited and having a scholly offer are different.

Class kid, Kentucky will miss his character much more than his play.

Good luck MP! But I don't think he actually turned down a full ride to play football at USC, being recruited and having a scholly offer are different.

 

My understanding was that he did have an offer on the table but chose basketball. Either way, he made a commitment to UK for hoops and I admire him for bringing a great team attitude to the Cats.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.