April 2, 200917 yr Not really wanting to get my hopes up too high, but from everything that has came out and transpired over the past couple of days I really like where UK sits with Cousins. He has already opened things back up as far as being committed verbally to Memphis to now having no commitment at all. Numerous sources state that Kentucky is now the new favorite with Calipari now coaching in the bluegrass. That along with some of the comments made earlier at the presser with Cal saying things like he will have to evaluate the current players and then go forward with rebuilding the team leads me to believe we really have a great chance to land this guy. Vilarino re-opening is another great sign for this to happen IMO being that there was already a scholarship that would have been committed to, so now even though nothing else has been done we would still be in a similar spot of being one scholarship short, however we would have Cousins instead of GJ, and it won't be hard to free up a couple more scholly's. So with all that useless rambling I guess all I am trying to say is no matter if we end up with Wall (the one we truly need the most) or any of the others, I feel Cousins is close to being a cat. Once Cal gets settled in and the dust clears from Cousins decommitting from Memphis I can see a committment from DC on the horizon.
April 2, 200917 yr On the MCD AA broadcast, they were saying that he has moved UK to #1 on his list now.
April 2, 200917 yr I fully expect to see Cousins at UK at this point. While this stuff could always change, it looks pretty solid right now...
April 2, 200917 yr GT, do you see Kentucky having a good shot at Xavier Henry or John Wall? I know UK has had Wall to visit campus before, so he at least has seen the campus and facilities, but I don't think Henry has ever had any interest. I know all of these things change with coaches, but it is too late to get them to campus for visits, etc?
April 2, 200917 yr I fully expect to see Cousins at UK at this point. While this stuff could always change, it looks pretty solid right now... Agreed. I will not be surprised to see Cousins and Wall at Kentucky. I think Henry is possible, but not nearly as likely.
April 2, 200917 yr I have heard that Cousins will be committing to UK along with John Wall. I hope my source is right on this one!
April 2, 200917 yr Cousins and Wall makes sense... Henry I don't know but Cousins/Wall/Orton... you can't complain about that.
April 2, 200917 yr Definitely no complaints here. Wall is the most important piece to immediate success next year, IMO.
April 2, 200917 yr Cousins and Wall makes sense... Henry I don't know but Cousins/Wall/Orton... you can't complain about that. Dont forget about hood.
April 2, 200917 yr Anybody know if Cousins has meet NCAA qualifications? John Clay on his live blog tonight mentioned that he had not yet qualified. Can anyone shed light on this? What about Wall? Has he met his qualifications?
April 2, 200917 yr I was told that Henry will select between Kansas and UK (only two on his list now) I expect him to go to KU, but I would be happy if he came to UK :thumb:
April 2, 200917 yr Wall is certainly in play, but I don't see him as being close to pulling the trigger. Is UK is a decent spot? Sure. Leader? Still a while before it's there from what I know so far. Cousins. Yeah that looks good. Orton and Hood. Both look set as well so far. I'm compiling a list of this stuff, but it's going to take a few days to let things play out a little...
April 2, 200917 yr Wall is certainly in play, but I don't see him as being close to pulling the trigger. Is UK is a decent spot? Sure. Leader? Still a while before it's there from what I know so far. Cousins. Yeah that looks good. Orton and Hood. Both look set as well so far. I'm compiling a list of this stuff, but it's going to take a few days to let things play out a little... The X factor for Wall coming to UK vs a Duke is playing time will be available immediately... he said he would love to play in Cal's offense? But I hear ya.. UK fans shouldn't be "writing it down" yet.
April 2, 200917 yr GT - there was another Memphis signee that could possibly leave. Do you happen to know who that is?
April 2, 200917 yr The X factor for Wall coming to UK vs a Duke is playing time will be available immediately... He cancelled his final Duke visit. I think Duke is out of the picture.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.