April 2, 200917 yr Well, every game Meeks had over 25 points, we won. If he scored below his average, we lost. Thats because, besides PP, there wasn't anyone else who could put the ball in the hole. Balanced scoring is a beautiful thing, if UK can have four or five guys average double didgits, that's much better for the TEAM.
April 2, 200917 yr Thats because, besides PP, there wasn't anyone else who could put the ball in the hole. Balanced scoring is a beautiful thing, if UK can have four or five guys average double didgits, that's much better for the TEAM. Look back at the title teams, there weren't any 20 ppg scorers. I agree with you, balance and having multiple weapons would be ideal. Just throwing out a number I would like to see UK deep enough that Meeks is around 16 ppg or so. If that happens I believe we would be looking at a VERY good team.
April 2, 200917 yr Look back at the title teams, there weren't any 20 ppg scorers. I agree with you, balance and having multiple weapons would be ideal. Just throwing out a number I would like to see UK deep enough that Meeks is around 16 ppg or so. If that happens I believe we would be looking at a VERY good team. That is part of the reason I think Meeks will leave for the NBA.
April 2, 200917 yr That is part of the reason I think Meeks will leave for the NBA. I think you could be right. However, Meeks, spending a year in this kind of system would perhaps make him more attractive to NBA scouts because this system could allow him to work on his NBA style game all the more. So even if averages fewer points he might have a better game. :thumb:
April 2, 200917 yr That is part of the reason I think Meeks will leave for the NBA. You think that Meeks believes that his stock would go down if he doesn't score as many PPG next year?
April 2, 200917 yr You think that Meeks believes that his stock would go down if he doesn't score as many PPG next year? Nope.
April 2, 200917 yr If Wall and Cousins come to UK, along with Hood and Orton,the Cats would be set for a deep run in the NCAA next season.
April 2, 200917 yr You think that Meeks believes that his stock would go down if he doesn't score as many PPG next year? No, but I think he'll for sure declare and go to the camps. If he does really well there he's gone. If he does fairly well there and he's told he'll go in the first round he's gone. Some of the reasons are it will be his 3rd coach at UK. Patterson may not be back so it will be Miller, possibly Liggins, and the rest new faces. His shots and points will go down. If Patterson comes back or he performs terribly at the draft camps he would come back. Additionally he knoes he won't score as many ppg next year.
April 2, 200917 yr No, but I think he'll for sure declare and go to the camps. If he does really well there he's gone. If he does fairly well there and he's told he'll go in the first round he's gone. Some of the reasons are it will be his 3rd coach at UK. Patterson may not be back so it will be Miller, possibly Liggins, and the rest new faces. His shots and points will go down. If Patterson comes back or he performs terribly at the draft camps he would come back. Additionally he knoes he won't score as many ppg next year. I think Meeks goes to the camps, finds out he isn't a lock for a guarenteed contract and comes back.
April 2, 200917 yr I think Meeks goes to the camps, finds out he isn't a lock for a guarenteed contract and comes back. Sounds about right to me.
April 2, 200917 yr Author ^ I think Patterson and Meeks both come back next year. Neither have impressive draft stocks thus far, and both are passionate about wearing Kentucky on their chest. They both really want to be a part of ressurecting this program, and now they will have their best chance to do so if they come back.
April 2, 200917 yr ^ I think Patterson and Meeks both come back next year. Neither have impressive draft stocks thus far, and both are passionate about wearing Kentucky on their chest. They both really want to be a part of ressurecting this program, and now they will have their best chance to do so if they come back. I think Meeks more so than Patterson, but I agree with you.
April 2, 200917 yr I think Meeks goes to the camps, finds out he isn't a lock for a guarenteed contract and comes back. Probably, but what if he performs great?
April 2, 200917 yr Nope. Thanks, I obviously don't either, but I was really asking SSC. His post confused me.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.