Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Demarcus Cousins

Featured Replies

Probably, but what if he performs great?

 

 

I don't think Meeks stock is going to rise any at the camps. He knows he has to work on his ball handling, and playing in Calipari's system should go a long way in improving his skills.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Meeks and Patterson could probably be late first-round or second round picks. Neither would have anything guaranteed at this point and would likely end up chasing Joe Crawford's dreams. Also, neither has really accomplished anything from a team perpective at Kentucky. I think they both would love to be part of something special and have the opportunity to make a nice run. I look for both to come back and be key pieces to next season.

  • Author
I think Meeks more so than Patterson, but I agree with you.

 

Yeah def. Meeks more so as he is basically in Azubuike land right now. Let's just hope he does the opposite of Bookie, and all signs are pointing to him doing so.

 

 

As for P Pat, he obviously has the better stock, but with guys such as Griffin, Thabeet, Blair, among others like quite possibly Greg Monroe and Jrue Holiday then Patterson could see himself at the bottom of the list when it comes to NBA guys and big man prospects. You also factor in guys such as Harangody, Jeff Adrien, Psycho T along with other guys like that, then he could also lose a few more spots, just all depends on what is in the eyes of NBA gm's. Patterson is a raw talented work horse, however, a touched under sized to be a dominant professional PF without upgrading his mid to long range.

Thanks, I obviously don't either, but I was really asking SSC. His post confused me.

 

He will have people telling him that he scored 25 a game at UK and that it won't happen again and to strike while the iron is hot. I think he could use another year, but I'm not in his shoes.

  • Author
I think Meeks and Patterson could probably be late first-round or second round picks. Neither would have anything guaranteed at this point and would likely end up chasing Joe Crawford's dreams. Also, neither has really accomplished anything from a team perpective at Kentucky. I think they both would love to be part of something special and have the opportunity to make a nice run. I look for both to come back and be key pieces to next season.

 

:thumb:

 

 

 

These guys want to be remembered as two of the guys who stuck with UK during the hard times, then brought them back to prominence. If they left right now then they would just be two guys who could play a little on a UK team that is very unlike what UK normally standards as a Kentucky team.

I think Meeks and Patterson could probably be late first-round or second round picks. Neither would have anything guaranteed at this point and would likely end up chasing Joe Crawford's dreams. Also, neither has really accomplished anything from a team perpective at Kentucky. I think they both would love to be part of something special and have the opportunity to make a nice run. I look for both to come back and be key pieces to next season.

 

I agree with Wireman. No way IMO Meeks is a first rounder. He's a small two guard in the NBA. Needs to improve off the dribble to go pro.

  • Author
He will have people telling him that he scored 25 a game at UK and that it won't happen again and to strike while the iron is hot. I think he could use another year, but I'm not in his shoes.

 

The iron is not hot though. As of right now he is arpund a mid second rounder, and most of the time these type guys don't even make an NBA roster, see Joe Crawford who as of earlier in the week just now made his way onto one.

 

 

Come back, work on the game, add another solid season to go along with this years, play under a coach in a system that gets guys to the NBA, have success and win ball games, then the iron will be hot enough to strike. As of right now the ironsmith is just trying to get the coals burning.

He will have people telling him that he scored 25 a game at UK and that it won't happen again and to strike while the iron is hot. I think he could use another year, but I'm not in his shoes.

 

 

So you are basing it on how many points he scores a game, and not on how his over game his rated by NBA scouts.

:thumb:

 

 

 

These guys want to be remembered as two of the guys who stuck with UK during the hard times, then brought them back to prominence. If they left right now then they would just be two guys who could play a little on a UK team that is very unlike what UK normally standards as a Kentucky team.

 

If these two guys came back to UK and led them to national championship next season, they would see their jerseys hanging in Rupp, IMO.

I think Meeks and Patterson could probably be late first-round or second round picks. Neither would have anything guaranteed at this point and would likely end up chasing Joe Crawford's dreams. Also, neither has really accomplished anything from a team perpective at Kentucky. I think they both would love to be part of something special and have the opportunity to make a nice run. I look for both to come back and be key pieces to next season.

 

People get into the he wants to accomplish great things at UK too much IMO. IMO they want to make millions of dollars in the NBA and never worry about money the rest of their lives. If they win while at UK great. If Patterson is guaranteed lottery he's gone. If Meeks is top 25 he's gone. They want to win at UK, but not as much as they want paid. There is a great chance that the NBA will miss a whole year when the current contract runs out. Get the money now if you can.

People get into the he wants to accomplish great things at UK too much IMO. IMO they want to make millions of dollars in the NBA and never worry about money the rest of their lives. If they win while at UK great. If Patterson is guaranteed lottery he's gone. If Meeks is top 25 he's gone. They want to win at UK, but not as much as they want paid. There is a great chance that the NBA will miss a whole year when the current contract runs out. Get the money now if you can.

 

Well, neither of those is going to happen, so they should be back next season :thumb:

So you are basing it on how many points he scores a game, and not on how his over game his rated by NBA scouts.

 

No, but people will tell him that...ie...agents, and people who aren't looking out for his best interests. I think he goes to the camps and is humbled and knows what needs work. If he performs great and the wrong people are in his ears its a crap shoot. Or he could decide that he just isn't starting over at UK if he performs better than ok but not great.

 

My opinion is that he's back, but I wouldn't be even a little surprised if he's gone.

:thumb:

 

 

 

These guys want to be remembered as two of the guys who stuck with UK during the hard times, then brought them back to prominence. If they left right now then they would just be two guys who could play a little on a UK team that is very unlike what UK normally standards as a Kentucky team.

 

 

I think the fans think this A LOT more than 20 year old athletes.

  • Author
If these two guys came back to UK and led them to national championship next season, they would see their jerseys hanging in Rupp, IMO.

 

 

Exactamundo! And after being around and undertstanding the importance of basketball tradition in Kentucky after a couple down years this is something Patterson and Meeks both value IMO. Both are great UK players, just unfortunate enough to have not played on a great UK team, "thus far."

 

 

 

People get into the he wants to accomplish great things at UK too much IMO. IMO they want to make millions of dollars in the NBA and never worry about money the rest of their lives. If they win while at UK great. If Patterson is guaranteed lottery he's gone. If Meeks is top 25 he's gone. They want to win at UK, but not as much as they want paid. There is a great chance that the NBA will miss a whole year when the current contract runs out. Get the money now if you can.

 

 

 

I think you are underestimating or misjuding the character of these two way too much.

  • Author
I think the fans think this A LOT more than 20 year old athletes.

 

Most 20 year old athletes do think this way, but like said I really think your are misjudging the character or both by a longshot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.