Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde = Clown

Featured Replies

Pat Forde is just saying what he thinks in case it happens. I can't stand when reporters do this. Yes, anyone that predicts several options several different times then eventually they will be able to say "I told you so." He shouldn't change his story each time he talks about it though.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I really don't think he will...Pat understands the ability that Calipari has, he mainly brings up what many are thinking, in regards to the concerns that could come with his regime.

I myself do not think that Calipari should be completely above criticism. I am a little concerned and am hoping the staff has landed all these great recruits the right way. Obviously there is reason enough to be worried about Calipari, but he has never been accused or convicted of an NCAA violation that I know of. But the problem I have is Forde's obsession with criticizing UK coaches. Look in his archives. Its obvious he does not like UK and shows it constantly.

 

As for Mark Story he has 2 days of the week taken care of. Atleast 1 day a week he blasts Calipari and another day a week he continues to blast Billy Gillispie. :lol:

 

Your posting history is in stark contrast to this statement in bold. Your posting history indicates that you believe anyone who dares criticize the University of Kentucky is evil.

 

And even if you do actually believe what you wrote here, the fact of the matter is, rarely does the head coach take the fall for sins under his watch -- Eddie Sutton being an obvious painful example for UK fans over 30. Usually the hammer falls well after the coach has high-tailed it out of town.

 

The real question is not whether Calipari was or wasn't complicit or "in the know" with the past two transgressions (one alleged) under his watch. It's whether his highly aggressive talent quest has drug in a few bad seeds. Given the nature of the AAU game when it comes to the top talent in the nation, how sure can you really be that everything's above board? And yes, that goes for college hoops fans of any team; not just UK. I'm completely horrified by Rick Pitino. I'm equally shocked by how cavalierly most UK fans dismiss any questions regarding the character of who Calipari recruits as just "bashers" looking to get their digs in.

 

As far as the writers you mention, it's their job to ask questions. Some are direct questions of media subjects such as Calipari and Pitino. Others are open-ended questions about what's not being said by those same coaches, and other subjects.

Yeah, I'm sure Chuck Culpepper never once wrote an article critical of UK. :rolleyes:

 

Chuck Culpepper is credit to a profession full of Storys, Tiptons, and Fordes. He didn't write the same things over and over again. I will give you others. Larry Vaught, he has been critical at times but not over and over. I live in Ashland and Mark Maynard has written for the Daily Independent for as long as I can remember yet he doesn't go this route.

I don't think it is just Forde or Story it is the whole world of print media. They are despartely trying to keep their dying profession alive by being controversial. Guys like Chuck Culpepper are a dying or dead breed.

I think you just a hit a great point. :sssh:

You act like UK is the only school he's ever written bad about... Get off your UK high horse. :rolleyes: He's written articles just as bad about UofL.

 

:thumb: I can agree with you on this. I have read/heard him blast others as well. That is why I did not mention U.K. in my earlier post. Forde is a self proclaimed expert/legend :rolleyes:.

Maybe he (Forde) helped Billy Packer invent the game of basketball.:lol:

:thumb: I can agree with you on this. I have read/heard him blast others as well. That is why I did not mention U.K. in my earlier post. Forde is a self proclaimed expert/legend :rolleyes:.

Maybe he (Forde) helped Billy Packer invent the game of basketball.:lol:

 

:thumb:

Here is a little tidbit from the Colin Cowherd show with Cowherd and Forde:

 

Forde was brought on the Colin Cowherd show to discuss the resignation of Tim Floyd, but just as he was leaving, Cowherd asked “Who is more slimy: Calipari or Floyd”. Forde responded with a burst of laughter and said he would have to read the entire Floyd report to know if he was as slimy as Calipari.

 

So basically he is calling Calipari slimy. Now I understand being critical of Calipari and questioning some things. But what has he done to be called slimy? He has never had any serious accusations brought against him. So here is Floyd who has some serious allegations against him yet Forde said he doesn't know if hes as slimy as Calipari.

 

Basically, Pat Forde is a clown!! :ohbrother:

Maybe Pat thinks Calipari is just better at skirting around the rules than Floyd, or is not quite as brazen.

Maybe Pat thinks Calipari is just better at skirting around the rules than Floyd, or is not quite as brazen.

 

Both of which would make him less slimey.

Pat Forde just needs to shut his pie hole. We get it, you do not like UK, but you should act professionally about it and not ridicule Kentucky as much as possible. Your job is to report on college basketball, not hate Kentucky.

I don't know how many of you on here know Pat Forde....well I do...and he is a great reporter who is very well educated and does some serious research regarding his work.

 

He is a Ricky P. butt kissing clown.

Pat Forde just needs to shut his pie hole. We get it, you do not like UK, but you should act professionally about it and not ridicule Kentucky as much as possible. Your job is to report on college basketball, not hate Kentucky.

 

Actually, his job is to opine about college basketball. His opinion about UK is not favorable.

Pat Forde just needs to shut his pie hole. We get it, you do not like UK, but you should act professionally about it and not ridicule Kentucky as much as possible. Your job is to report on college basketball, not hate Kentucky.

 

I think Pat likes UK. I just think he hates Calipari, or is not too fond of him. I believe it stems for the UMass days but I am not sure.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.