Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde = Clown

Featured Replies

I can understand getting caught in the whirlwind of excitement, but it was only two years ago that 97% of BGPers were happy with the BGC hire.

 

This could be the best hire UK ever makes, but if ends up blowing up, you can not say the warnings weren't known. The columnists are providing an objective look that overzealous fans can't bring themselves to make.

 

:thumb:I also remember a time when most fans were praising Bobby Petrino. I hope that this doesn't happen at U.K..

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His contention is more, it seems, one of "how much vetting was actually done" in the short period between BCG's firing and Cal's job offer. How much real research can you actually do in, what was it, 48 hours?

 

And again, it's a column. They get pretty wide berth.

 

 

No. Mostly because the op-ed page is generally for hard news. The features/lifestyle section of the paper has feature/lifestyle columnists. The sports page has sports columnists. The business page has business columnists. For the ease of the reader, it's better to keeps like things in the same section. Especially when you consider there are lots of people out there who never look at anything but the sports page.

 

I agree with much of what you are saying. The vetting and investigation process was going on LONG before any offer was made or even feelers put out. They have been investigating the candidates they were interested in for quite some time. Sandy Bell was with the NCAA and was one of the investigators on the UMass/Camby issue and is currently the compliance officer for UK. I am hearing that Calipari was Mitch's #1 guy from the get go. The timing of the BCG firing was not an accident. Memphis lost on the 26th and BCG was let go on the 27th, ... :sssh: They did a MUCH better job this time than last time.

I agree that 48 hours may seem to some like a short vetting period. However, how does he know for certain that all the vetting was done in the short time between the firing and hiring? Isn't it possible that before Gillespie was even fired, some background work on possible candidates was being conducted? How do we know for certain that Calipari hasn't been on Barnhart's radar screen for quite some time and that Barnhart hasn't been looking into Calipari since December, or January or February?

 

:sssh: :clap:

I agree with much of what you are saying. The vetting and investigation process was going on LONG before any offer was made or even feelers put out. They have been investigating the candidates they were interested in for quite some time. Sandy Bell was with the NCAA and was one of the investigators on the UMass/Camby issue and is currently the compliance officer for UK. I am hearing that Calipari was Mitch's #1 guy from the get go. The timing of the BCG firing was not an accident. Memphis lost on the 26th and BCG was let go on the 27th, ... :sssh: They did a MUCH better job this time than last time.

 

Maybe they did; maybe they didn't. For understandable reasons, UK fans think Mitch went over Calipari's past with a fine-toothed comb. The more skeptical among us aren't so sure, given the previous mistake with BCG. Whatever the case, it still leaves a question out there: Why was Calipari not a candidate last time around?

The timing of the BCG firing was not an accident. Memphis lost on the 26th and BCG was let go on the 27th, ... :sssh: They did a MUCH better job this time than last time.
Yeah, and UK was done on the 25th ... not a coincidence, either.

A little vindication for Pat Forde, perhaps?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4213475

 

Here is Forde's new article. Its obvious he does not like Calipari. He has seen another opportunity to blast him.

 

Now as far as I'm concerned, I am worried about how hes been able to get all these great recruits and I really hope he is doing it honest and the right way. But as far as Marcus Camby goes, I could easily see how he could have known nothing about him receiving money. Also with Rose taking the SAT test in Chicago I find it hard to imagine he had anything to do with helping Rose on the test.

 

I understand the situation looks a little fishy, but like with any coach I say he is innocent until proven guilty of something.

I don't know how many of you on here know Pat Forde....well I do...and he is a great reporter who is very well educated and does some serious research regarding his work.

Forde is an editorialist (sp)...his job is to polarize people, it is clear that it would happen with this article.

I don't know how many of you on here know Pat Forde....well I do...and he is a great reporter who is very well educated and does some serious research regarding his work.

 

And he doesn't like UK or whoever coaches UK (Tubby, Gillispie, Calipari). Hes written multiple articles criticizing each of those guys. I never have liked him and probably never will. He annoys me.

  • Author

Because he writes bad about UK, or because he is more right than wrong?

I don't think his Graduation rate was all that stellar. I believe that it is lower than the current UK level?

 

When he got to Memphis, 0 seniors had graduated from the program in 5 years. Zero. Now, I am not a math wizard, but my EKU degree tells me that 19/22 is a marked improvement from zero.

I don't know how many of you on here know Pat Forde....well I do...and he is a great reporter who is very well educated and does some serious research regarding his work.

 

You do know that Pat Forde was essentially fired from his job, suspended for a while, for his research on UL basketball?

Because he writes bad about UK, or because he is more right than wrong?

 

Definitly the writing bad about UK. I understand him writing an article on occasion that is criticizing UK, but to do it as often as he does makes it obvious that he simply does not like UK. I can remember 2 or 3 years ago that when you click on his name at the espn website on the college basketball columnist list 3 of the 4 articles he had written over a 6 month time period were negative UK articles.

I don't know how many of you on here know Pat Forde....well I do...and he is a great reporter who is very well educated and does some serious research regarding his work.

 

I don't think that anyone has to know Pat Forde to tell by his writings on just about anything that he is an egotistical jerk that wants to make it all about him. I am sure that he is well educated and does reasearch......."his selective" research:sssh:, imo he researches utill he finds something that he can spin into what he wants it to say and then makes up the rest to make it all about Forde and not the subject .

Forde is certainly not alone, there are plenty enough "educated idiots" that are a "legend in their own mind" to go around.:irked: Forde is like Skip Bayless......jmo is they are not worth the price of the ink that his articles are printed with or the on air time that espn gives them.:irked:

I am sure Forde has alot of friends that "know him personally", maybe only the people that "know him personally" can be the only ones that buy any publications that his articles are in, then maybe we could see how fast they would be in business. What I am saying is that if a reader should need to know the author personally to like his writings then he is not going to be around very long, lol. JMO

Edited by oldrambler

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.