Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde = Clown

Featured Replies

When he got to Memphis, 0 seniors had graduated from the program in 5 years. Zero. Now, I am not a math wizard, but my EKU degree tells me that 19/22 is a marked improvement from zero.

 

:thumb: "it's not brain surgery is it"? :idunno::lol:

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitly the writing bad about UK. I understand him writing an article on occasion that is criticizing UK, but to do it as often as he does makes it obvious that he simply does not like UK. I can remember 2 or 3 years ago that when you click on his name at the espn website on the college basketball columnist list 3 of the 4 articles he had written over a 6 month time period were negative UK articles.

 

You act like UK is the only school he's ever written bad about... Get off your UK high horse. :rolleyes: He's written articles just as bad about UofL.

I don't care one way or another about Pat Forde...other than him pronouncing the E, instead of just saying Ford (as noted earlier).

 

But, I do not like Mark Story. Never have. Never will. And, it has absolutely zero to do with what he may or may not have written about Calipari, because I can't remember the lest article I read from him.

 

Where have you gone Chuck Culpepper? The Herald-Leader needs you more than you will know...

Why is it that every time ESPN wants to talk about UK Basketball they go straight to Pat Forde? Or is it that Pat Forde jumps up and down screaming 'Pick me! Pick me!' when they go around looking for someone to talk. I'm not saying he is anti-UK, because I don't believe that to be true. It does seem to me like he doesn't like John Calipari very much, and that he takes every opportunity he can to write or say something negative about him.

Why is it that every time ESPN wants to talk about UK Basketball they go straight to Pat Forde? Or is it that Pat Forde jumps up and down screaming 'Pick me! Pick me!' when they go around looking for someone to talk. I'm not saying he is anti-UK, because I don't believe that to be true. It does seem to me like he doesn't like John Calipari very much, and that he takes every opportunity he can to write or say something negative about him.

 

A) He's employed by them and B) He's covered the college hoops scene in Ky for about two decades.

A) He's employed by them and B) He's covered the college hoops scene in Ky for about two decades.

 

There are other people employed by ESPN who can get on camera and talk about UK. What's wong with Andy Katz or Dana O'Neil every now and then? They seem to be in the loop with things going on in Lexington.

 

I always thought Forde's connections were more with Pitino and UL.

There are other people employed by ESPN who can get on camera and talk about UK. What's wong with Andy Katz or Dana O'Neil every now and then? They seem to be in the loop with things going on in Lexington.

 

I always thought Forde's connections were more with Pitino and UL.

 

You don't go to work as a sports columnist at the state's largest newspaper and never cover anything relating to UK hoops.

You don't go to work as a sports columnist at the state's largest newspaper and never cover anything relating to UK hoops.

 

I didn't say he never covered UK while at the C-J, because he did. My point was that his connections and sources seem to be more Louisville and the UL program.

 

Bottom line is that it's personal between Forde and Calipari. There are plenty of things that point to this, most recently the back and forth Twittering. I just hate that despite their dislike for one another, whenever ESPN wants to talk UK they still go to him.

I don't think it is just Forde or Story it is the whole world of print media. They are despartely trying to keep their dying profession alive by being controversial. Guys like Chuck Culpepper are a dying or dead breed.

I don't think it is just Forde or Story it is the whole world of print media. They are despartely trying to keep their dying profession alive by being controversial. Guys like Chuck Culpepper are a dying or dead breed.

 

Yeah, I'm sure Chuck Culpepper never once wrote an article critical of UK. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure Chuck Culpepper never once wrote an article critical of UK. :rolleyes:

 

I myself do not think that Calipari should be completely above criticism. I am a little concerned and am hoping the staff has landed all these great recruits the right way. Obviously there is reason enough to be worried about Calipari, but he has never been accused or convicted of an NCAA violation that I know of. But the problem I have is Forde's obsession with criticizing UK coaches. Look in his archives. Its obvious he does not like UK and shows it constantly.

 

As for Mark Story he has 2 days of the week taken care of. Atleast 1 day a week he blasts Calipari and another day a week he continues to blast Billy Gillispie. :lol:

  • Author
I myself do not think that Calipari should be completely above criticism. I am a little concerned and am hoping the staff has landed all these great recruits the right way. Obviously there is reason enough to be worried about Calipari, but he has never been accused or convicted of an NCAA violation that I know of. But the problem I have is Forde's obsession with criticizing UK coaches. Look in his archives. Its obvious he does not like UK and shows it constantly.

 

As for Mark Story he has 2 days of the week taken care of. Atleast 1 day a week he blasts Calipari and another day a week he continues to blast Billy Gillispie. :lol:

I criticize the Cubs every day. Doesnt mean I dont like 'em.

 

Reds fans are in the Track the Reds forum criticizing them. Doesnt mean they dont like em.

Why is it that every time ESPN wants to talk about UK Basketball they go straight to Pat Forde? Or is it that Pat Forde jumps up and down screaming 'Pick me! Pick me!' when they go around looking for someone to talk. I'm not saying he is anti-UK, because I don't believe that to be true. It does seem to me like he doesn't like John Calipari very much, and that he takes every opportunity he can to write or say something negative about him.

 

Going out on a limb here, but maybe it's because he lives here in the 'Ville.

I don't think it is just Forde or Story it is the whole world of print media. They are despartely trying to keep their dying profession alive by being controversial. Guys like Chuck Culpepper are a dying or dead breed.

 

There very well maybe some truth to this, as print media is dying. That said, Forde is more of an internet writer....thus all the attraction to his work in this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.