March 27, 200917 yr Didn't Travis Ford have a falling out with UK's administration after the last time a Kentucky coach was hired?
March 27, 200917 yr Gillispie only had 4. BCG was 4 out of 5 seasons. The missing one was his first year at UTEP. Ford is 4 of 9. He does have 3 in a row though. Ford has also only gone to 2 NCAA tourneys in 9 years. BCG was 3 of 5.
March 27, 200917 yr Which comment makes you sick? The comment that they wouldn't cheer for UK if Ford was the coach or that I questioned whether they were a UK fan at all? I'm sure he along with most everyone else will pull for UK when it comes down to it. That said, I get tired of hearing the, "well you must not be a true fan comment". My late Grandfather went to the first Bengals game way back when, he had more Bengals stuff than anyone I know. He probably went to 20or more away games over the years and didn't miss a home game until he gave up his tickets about seven years ago. When I asked him why, he siad, I can't stomach rooting for a Team that has an owner like Brown and excepts losing on a regular basis. He loved the Bengals, he loved the players, but he didn't like Mike Brown so he decided to quit watching. If someone doesn't care for a owner or Coach, it's their choice to root for them or not. In no way does that mean they "haven't" been a fan. Ford isn't the solution. Their going to end up keeping this clown because they couldn't get Billy D. and the circus will be in full swing for years to come. What high school player outside of Ky. is now going to want to join this mess? Edited March 27, 200917 yr by Baseballguy
March 27, 200917 yr I'm hearing they are in intense negotiations with Donovan and Ford is our "backup" plan. This would REALLY tick me off! Yes I want Gillispie to stay, But WHY go through all of this unless you have a BIG NAME coach ready to sign? This would make NO SENSE what so ever! It's you either have a big name to replace him or not, not a plan B, then maybe a C.
March 27, 200917 yr I'm sure he along with most everyone else will pull for UK when it comes down to it. That said, I get tired of hearing the, "well you must not be a true fan comment". My late Grandfather went to the first Bengals game way back when, he had more Bengals stuff than anyone I know. He probably went to 20or more away games over the years and didn't miss a home game until he gave up his tickets about seven years ago. When I asked him why, he siad, I can't stomach rooting for a Team that has an owner like Brown and excepts losing on a regular basis. He loved the Bengals, he loved the players, but he didn't like Mike Brown so he decided to quit watching. If someone doesn't care for a owner or Coach, it's their choice to root for them or not. In no way does that mean they haven't been a fan. Right on and couldn't have said it any better. If they get rid of BCG, they need to get rid of Mitch. He has no idea what it means to be a UK fan. Just ask past players.:thumb:
March 27, 200917 yr This would REALLY tick me off! Yes I want Gillispie to stay, But WHY go through all of this unless you have a BIG NAME coach ready to sign? This would make NO SENSE what so ever! It's you either have a big name to replace him or not, not a plan B, then maybe a C. I am starting to think that they aren't going to do a thing and give him more time. In today's economy, 6 million is a lot and just 2 years. What is the standard that we are setting? What coach would want to be under that pressure. Believe me I want Billy D or Tom Izzo, but if you can't get either one of them, better off letting it be!
March 27, 200917 yr Author PLEASE let it be Ford! :lol: Would be equilavent, or worse than Doherty to UNC IMO.
March 27, 200917 yr Would be equilavent, or worse than Doherty to UNC IMO. Yep, so please, please, please let it be Ford. I think it would be even worse BTW but I dunno. Doherty went 8-20 in one season at UNC and 19-16 in another. That would be hard for Ford to beat but he could do it IMO.
March 27, 200917 yr I'm sure he along with most everyone else will pull for UK when it comes down to it. That said, I get tired of hearing the, "well you must not be a true fan comment". My late Grandfather went to the first Bengals game way back when, he had more Bengals stuff than anyone I know. He probably went to 20or more away games over the years and didn't miss a home game until he gave up his tickets about seven years ago. When I asked him why, he siad, I can't stomach rooting for a Team that has an owner like Brown and excepts losing on a regular basis. He loved the Bengals, he loved the players, but he didn't like Mike Brown so he decided to quit watching. If someone doesn't care for a owner or Coach, it's their choice to root for them or not. In no way does that mean they "haven't" been a fan. So if someone jumps off the bandwagon, then jumps back on when the situation is better they are as much a 'fan' as someone who stays on the bandwagon? I don't buy it. Bandwagon fans are not real fans, period. Fans can be unhappy about a situation, coach, owner, etc, ... but a fan keeps on cheering. I have been a UK football fan my entire life. I never once gave up watching them or cheering for them, and there have been PLENTY of years that were frustrating. But it makes the good years mean so much more if you make it through the tough times. A fan is not a real fan if they ONLY cheer and support when things are good. If that stance makes you sick, then so be it. But not much makes me more sick in regards to sports than bandwagon jumpers. I will cheer for the Cats whether they are coached by Billy Clyde, Donovan, Ford, Calipari, etc ... Always have, always will.
March 27, 200917 yr Right on and couldn't have said it any better. If they get rid of BCG, they need to get rid of Mitch. He has no idea what it means to be a UK fan. Just ask past players.:thumb: Every past UK player I have talked with in the various sports have a great deal of respect for Mitch. I am sure there are some who do not, but what I have heard is pretty positive.
March 27, 200917 yr I'm sure he along with most everyone else will pull for UK when it comes down to it. That said, I get tired of hearing the, "well you must not be a true fan comment". My late Grandfather went to the first Bengals game way back when, he had more Bengals stuff than anyone I know. He probably went to 20or more away games over the years and didn't miss a home game until he gave up his tickets about seven years ago. When I asked him why, he siad, I can't stomach rooting for a Team that has an owner like Brown and excepts losing on a regular basis. He loved the Bengals, he loved the players, but he didn't like Mike Brown so he decided to quit watching. If someone doesn't care for a owner or Coach, it's their choice to root for them or not. In no way does that mean they "haven't" been a fan. :thumb::thumb: Good post! Some people expect fans to follow a team blind no matter what! I agree Ford would not sit well with a lot, and given time that will grow in numbers. Ford is not a big name, all of this mess for anyone other than a BIG name is not worth it. Gillispie doesn't deserve this either! You hit the nail right on the head about the Bengals example. Mike Brown expects fans to keep coming to the games, keep cheering and keep supporting the team, WRONG! Mike Brown does things the wrong way and the fans have had enough of it! LONG TIME season ticket holders are canceling their tickets, others are waiting until their seat contracts expire. IMO MB and Todd has handled this very poorly and I don't blame fans if they turn their backs if it's not a home run hire! I like what Rockmom said, it's either Gillispie is UK's coach or not, don't let him hanging until you go through a list of coaches before you fire him or tell him he's back.
March 27, 200917 yr He is a homer for Duke. Always has and always will. So IMO he is a complete joke of an announcer. Jay Bilas is not a homer for Duke and far from it. As a Duke fan, I wish he was more of a homer. He does always seem to be more right than wrong and while I am upset with Bilas for being a traitor and picking UNC for winning it all, I can't hate on his analytical skills. He is not a homer though. I am sure I am not the only Duke fan upset with him falling all over the Big East and UNC. That's not what a real homer would do. I believe he also said Cleveland State would blow out Wake Forest.........
March 27, 200917 yr So if someone jumps off the bandwagon, then jumps back on when the situation is better they are as much a 'fan' as someone who stays on the bandwagon? I don't buy it. Bandwagon fans are not real fans, period. Fans can be unhappy about a situation, coach, owner, etc, ... but a fan keeps on cheering. I have been a UK football fan my entire life. I never once gave up watching them or cheering for them, and there have been PLENTY of years that were frustrating. But it makes the good years mean so much more if you make it through the tough times. A fan is not a real fan if they ONLY cheer and support when things are good. If that stance makes you sick, then so be it. But not much makes me more sick in regards to sports than bandwagon jumpers. I will cheer for the Cats whether they are coached by Billy Clyde, Donovan, Ford, Calipari, etc ... Always have, always will. :thumb: Right there with you.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.