Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde on Mike and Mike

Featured Replies

:thumb::thumb:

 

Good post!

 

Some people expect fans to follow a team blind no matter what! I agree Ford would not sit well with a lot, and given time that will grow in numbers. Ford is not a big name, all of this mess for anyone other than a BIG name is not worth it. Gillispie doesn't deserve this either!

 

You hit the nail right on the head about the Bengals example. Mike Brown expects fans to keep coming to the games, keep cheering and keep supporting the team, WRONG! Mike Brown does things the wrong way and the fans have had enough of it! LONG TIME season ticket holders are canceling their tickets, others are waiting until their seat contracts expire.

 

IMO MB and Todd has handled this very poorly and I don't blame fans if they turn their backs if it's not a home run hire!

 

I like what Rockmom said, it's either Gillispie is UK's coach or not, don't let him hanging until you go through a list of coaches before you fire him or tell him he's back.[/QUOTE]

 

 

When did Mitch or Lee ever say that Billy Clyde would not be the coach?

  • Replies 102
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if someone jumps off the bandwagon, then jumps back on when the situation is better they are as much a 'fan' as someone who stays on the bandwagon? I don't buy it. Bandwagon fans are not real fans, period. Fans can be unhappy about a situation, coach, owner, etc, ... but a fan keeps on cheering.

 

I have been a UK football fan my entire life. I never once gave up watching them or cheering for them, and there have been PLENTY of years that were frustrating. But it makes the good years mean so much more if you make it through the tough times. A fan is not a real fan if they ONLY cheer and support when things are good. If that stance makes you sick, then so be it. But not much makes me more sick in regards to sports than bandwagon jumpers.

 

I will cheer for the Cats whether they are coached by Billy Clyde, Donovan, Ford, Calipari, etc ... Always have, always will.

 

 

Who said bandwagon, you? My grandfather passed away last year and in 2005 I did everything I could to get him to watch the Bengals that year. I kept telling him they were going to be in the playoffs, even went to his house one Sunday to watch the game, he went to the garage and then walked his dog, I left at halftime. I called to see if he was watching the playoff game with the Steelers, they were out shopping. So, no bandwagon here my friend.

I could take Pelphrey, Darrin Horn, but Travis Ford is simply the KY version of Billy G - but worse.

I've had UK posters on my wall from the time I was 2 years old. I cried when UK couldn't beat big mean Patrick Ewing and Michael Graham as a young fan. Now I have nice pictures with autographs in my den.

I simply dislike Ford more than I can stomach. I really hope they go in a different direction.

  • Author

I now have a very strong source telling me that Ford will be named new UK coach.

I could take Pelphrey, Darrin Horn, but Travis Ford is simply the KY version of Billy G - but worse.

I've had UK posters on my wall from the time I was 2 years old. I cried when UK couldn't beat big mean Patrick Ewing and Michael Graham as a young fan. Now I have nice pictures with autographs in my den.

I simply dislike Ford more than I can stomach. I really hope they go in a different direction.

 

 

I'm with ya 100%.

I now have a very strong source telling me that Ford will be named new UK coach.

:lol:

Bilas is a joke. If it doesn't have to do with his dukies he thinks everything is a joke.

 

Bilas is one of the best color guys out there. You must be watching different games than I'm watching.

When did Mitch or Lee ever say that Billy Clyde would not be the coach?

 

They didn't, at least that we know of, but the silence is speaking for them.

"To have to fire a coach after two years is a travesty and a joke" - Jay Bilas on ESPN

 

There is a Duke guy for ya!! These ESPN guys just don't get it! It's not because of wins and loses.

Bilas is one of the best color guys out there. You must be watching different games than I'm watching.

 

I agree about his work but it's obvious that he doesn't care for UK.

There is a Duke guy for ya!! These ESPN guys just don't get it! It's not because of wins and loses.

 

I agree with him it will be a joke for them to fire him after 2 years. I don't know who want this job with all of the pressure. UK fans turn on coaches in a matter of a few seconds. One minute they love you then the next minute they want you out. They need to make up their mind.:laugh:

I agree about his work but it's obvious that he doesn't care for UK.

 

I don't think he is a homer for anyone. I think he is actually one of the few guys who isn't a homer but I could be wrong.

:dancingpa

So if someone jumps off the bandwagon, then jumps back on when the situation is better they are as much a 'fan' as someone who stays on the bandwagon? I don't buy it. Bandwagon fans are not real fans, period. Fans can be unhappy about a situation, coach, owner, etc, ... but a fan keeps on cheering.

 

I have been a UK football fan my entire life. I never once gave up watching them or cheering for them, and there have been PLENTY of years that were frustrating. But it makes the good years mean so much more if you make it through the tough times. A fan is not a real fan if they ONLY cheer and support when things are good. If that stance makes you sick, then so be it. But not much makes me more sick in regards to sports than bandwagon jumpers.

 

I will cheer for the Cats whether they are coached by Billy Clyde, Donovan, Ford, Calipari, etc ... Always have, always will.

I absolutely DO NOT want Ford coaching this team. It will bug me until next basketball season because I do not think he is ready. I'm praying it's Donovan.

 

Coming off 2 awesome NIT appearances? He won B2B NCAA 2 years ago. What has he done lately that makes you bow down before him?

Coming off 2 awesome NIT appearances? He won B2B NCAA 2 years ago. What has he done lately that makes you bow down before him?

 

 

He's a much better choice than Ford, but if he turned the job down again then...

 

As far as the last couple years go, I believe he hurt his recruiting a little bit by going from UF to maybe UK, to back to UF, and then to Orlando and back to UF. Just sayin.:idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.