Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 55 Highlands 47

Featured Replies

As you know the #1 job is to get the call right. 3 officials are not going to see the same thing when bodies are flying around. If one official sees the jump ball but the other sees a foul BEFORE the jump ball, its 100% correct to override the jump ball call.

 

I did think that all of the 16th region officials were a bit dramatic in their reporting of fouls.

 

I think the lady official is going to have a sore forearm tomorrow.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respectfully disagree didn't you see the officiating?? :p

 

I think the officials were bad as usual, but I think if Kowolonek makes the basket and ties the game, then it might have changed the outlook for the rest of the game.

I, for one, thought it was a pretty good game by both teams and that the better team came out on top. I thought the dunk was big momentum for Boone, and that Grubbs couldn't be on the floor in the second half because they needed speed and ball handling to press and handle the press.

 

I didn't think that the officials were "putrid" at all. Just because the female referee was adamant about her call didn't mean she was showing off, she was showing confidence. There were a couple calls that I didn't agree with, but every game has them. For one, that charge wasn't a charge, though that has been discussed. One that I thought made a difference that hasn't been however, was when the kid drove the basket right before Boone got the outlet for the dunk. I thought the Highlands kid got hit on the shot; thus he airballed the shot, Cotton got the runout and the dunk and all of a sudden Boone has a lot of mo....

 

All that said, I didn't like the bald official at all. Seemed like he was worried about he wrong things. I am by no means a Highlands fan but if I was I would have lost it when he told their coach to "stop yelling 'and one' because we can ref the game." Seemed pretty pompous to me...

Because she made the call from behind the player and the bald referee had a clear shot of the tied up ball and came running in to make the call. She comes over and SHOWBOATS like she was doing all night with her cute little "slap my wrist as hard as I can when I inform the scorer what the call is". She did this when she called fouls on Boone Co as well. Give me a break lady.

 

I think Boone deserved to win the game but a few of the calls were just really bad and I know even the fair weathered fans were shaking their heads in disbelief.

 

I also thought McQueary called some pretty good timeouts and set up nice plays where he got some great mismatches with Brown/ Lother.

 

I think that was the problem... She saw the kid completely reaching around the guy to get to the ball and you can't well do that without fouling...

 

All that said, I didn't like the bald official at all. Seemed like he was worried about he wrong things. I am by no means a Highlands fan but if I was I would have lost it when he told their coach to "stop yelling 'and one' because we can ref the game." Seemed pretty pompous to me...

 

For a little while the HHS coach was yelling "and one" on every Highlands attempt. I was across the court about 15 rows up and it was a topic of conversation among everyone in the section. It was very annoying.

For a little while the HHS coach was yelling "and one" on every Highlands attempt. I was across the court about 15 rows up and it was a topic of conversation among everyone in the section. It was very annoying.

 

I don't know, maybe... I was sitting 5 rows behind their bench and noticed it a few times but didn't think it was that bad. Maybe it was just me...

I don't know, maybe... I was sitting 5 rows behind their bench and noticed it a few times but didn't think it was that bad. Maybe it was just me...

 

I too noticed it several times from Coach Schlarman and I was sitting in the same area as Original Rook...only a few rows down.

I was right behind the HHS bench and Willy did get annoying. This is the first time seeing HHS play so maybe others are used to it where I was not. Every play Willy seemed to be yelling.. "and one, moving screen, foul, walk, etc..":rolleyes:

Because she made the call from behind the player and the bald referee had a clear shot of the tied up ball and came running in to make the call. She comes over and SHOWBOATS like she was doing all night with her cute little "slap my wrist as hard as I can when I inform the scorer what the call is". She did this when she called fouls on Boone Co as well. Give me a break lady.

 

I think Boone deserved to win the game but a few of the calls were just really bad and I know even the fair weathered fans were shaking their heads in disbelief.

 

I also thought McQueary called some pretty good timeouts and set up nice plays where he got some great mismatches with Brown/ Lother.

 

Well guess what..The foul should of never happened in the first place. The player that was fouled should of been called for illegal touching. This was the inbounce play that was tipped right. The Refs missed this one bigtime. Doesn't the player who puts the ball in play have to establish 2 feet inbounds to be able to touch the ball. This is what I saw from wher I was sitting. Is this right or wrong....

Well guess what..The foul should of never happened in the first place. The player that was fouled should of been called for illegal touching. This was the inbounce play that was tipped right. The Refs missed this one bigtime. Doesn't the player who puts the ball in play have to establish 2 feet inbounds to be able to touch the ball. This is what I saw from wher I was sitting. Is this right or wrong....

 

I was wondering the same thing. We were at the other end so it was difficult to see if he had indeed got on the court. My 1st post stated that in now way did these calls cause Highlands the game. Boone played well, had a good game plan, and nailed their free throws to salt away the victory. The two best teams in the 9th are squaring off tomorrow night. Should be a good one.

Yup. Refresh my memory, does slapping the backboard while the ball is on the rim constitute a goaltend. I know we discussed this on here.

 

The only time you can slap the backboard is in an attempt to block the shot. Based on your assessment of the play, this would be considered basket interference.

The only time you can slap the backboard is in an attempt to block the shot. Based on your assessment of the play, this would be considered basket interference.

 

I'm not sure. It did look like it was an attempt to block the shot, just a little late as the ball had already got to the rim.

Well guess what..The foul should of never happened in the first place. The player that was fouled should of been called for illegal touching. This was the inbounce play that was tipped right. The Refs missed this one bigtime. Doesn't the player who puts the ball in play have to establish 2 feet inbounds to be able to touch the ball. This is what I saw from wher I was sitting. Is this right or wrong....

 

No, and this is the problem. Fans don't know the rules so they get on here and talk about the awful officiating and "blatant" missed calls and they have no clue as to the rules. :rolleyes:

The charge call that Earls was able to draw was definitely a bad call. But you know what, refs blow that call every game. Refs always want to call the charge and it is rare that a player doesn't slide a little to draw the contact. Beyond that charging call, no clearly bad calls in the game. I thought the refs were very good, for the most part. Sure there were calls I disagreed with but nothing that was a clear miss other than the charge. As to the complaint that the female ref made a call when she did not have as good a view of the play as the other ref, I always answer that complaint with this - was it a foul or not? It does not matter if one ref was 2 feet away and the ref who calls the foul is 40 feet away if the call was right. It is possible the ref 40 feet away saw something the ref in "better" position did not. I thought the refs did a good job and they definitely did not win or lose the game for anyone.

 

:thumb: Nicely said, thank you!

Only one foot has to be in to establish postion inbounds.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.