Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 55 Highlands 47

Featured Replies

Boone had a lot of offensive boards in the 4th quarter with Grubbs on the bench. Once the Rebels began to press, the tempo of the game changed against the Birds.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

FWIW the 2 male referees were garbage. They made atrocious calls during crucial moments in the game. For most of the game I thought the girl ref was pretty good until the end where the Birds tied up the ball and the bald ref had a clear shot of it and made the call. She comes running in with her proverbial slapping of her wrist as hard as she can calling a foul on Highlands. Just horrible !!

 

The 2nd charge called against Gordon was the biggest joke of the day. Earls was clearly sliding with him. Game changers if you ask me but the Rebels made their free throws in the end and deserved to win. I just hate to see referees decide a game or change the momentum of a tight ballgame.

 

 

Refs were putrid. I thought I'd never see worse than the 9th refs. Well I have.

 

:deadhorse: Wow, couldn't have seen this coming! :rolleyes:

:deadhorse: Wow, couldn't have seen this coming! :rolleyes:

 

Were you there?

Looks like I was wrong on my prediction. Wish I could have seen the game. Congrats Rebels on a big win. Now it is time to strap it up with the best the 9th region has too offer!!

Were you there?

 

They were bad both ways.

 

I do agree that the charging call against Highlands was awful, but I could name 9 or 10 awful calls in that game.

I wondered why they wanted Dill with the ball but after thinking about it I think they wanted a bigger kid who could see down the floor. Picking up your dribble against any press is a cardinal sin unless you do something with it right away. The Birds were picking it up and holding it, almost asking the trap to come to them.

Who was the kid who got the breakaway dunK? Spalding or Cotton? That was huge for the Rebels and an uplifting moment.

 

BTW- someone at the game asked me why no Highlands students came to the game. He asked if they were all studying for their ACT's.

 

#23 Ronald Cotton I believe.

They were bad both ways.

 

I do agree that the charging call against Highlands was awful, but I could name 9 or 10 awful calls in that game.

 

Yup. Refresh my memory, does slapping the backboard while the ball is on the rim constitute a goaltend. I know we discussed this on here.

Nice win for Boone. On to the rematch with Holmes now.

Yup. Refresh my memory, does slapping the backboard while the ball is on the rim constitute a goaltend. I know we discussed this on here.

 

I wasn't part of the discussion, but my understanding has always been that it is goal tending if the refs feel it changed the shot.

They were bad both ways.

 

I do agree that the charging call against Highlands was awful, but I could name 9 or 10 awful calls in that game.

 

The charge was indeed the wrong call, but the ref who called it had been getting an earful from Willy all day long! Willy was yelling walking, to moving pick, to holding, to over the back, to hand checks and I personally think (hey it's just my opinion but) the ref made the call to let Willy know what he thought of his yelling at him all day long. Now would a ref do such a thing...well...:idunno:

IMO: The changing point of the game was when Highlands was down by 2 in the 4th and stole the inbounds pass and Kowolonek missed a wide open shot right in front of the basket. It seemed after that that Boone took control of the game.

 

FWIW the 2 male referees were garbage. They made atrocious calls during crucial moments in the game. For most of the game I thought the girl ref was pretty good until the end where the Birds tied up the ball and the bald ref had a clear shot of it and made the call. She comes running in with her proverbial slapping of her wrist as hard as she can calling a foul on Highlands. Just horrible !!

 

The 2nd charge called against Gordon was the biggest joke of the day. Earls was clearly sliding with him. Game changers if you ask me but the Rebels made their free throws in the end and deserved to win. I just hate to see referees decide a game or change the momentum of a tight ballgame.

 

Good Luck Rebels because you are certainly going to need some on Tuesday night.

 

Why was the foul call horrible?

 

I agree that Earls slid under Gordon.

:deadhorse: Wow, couldn't have seen this coming! :rolleyes:

 

It was the same excuse Boone used when they lost to Highlands earlier in the year.....FWIW.

IMO: The changing point of the game was when Highlands was down by 2 in the 4th and stole the inbounds pass and Kowolonek missed a wide open shot right in front of the basket. It seemed after that that Boone took control of the game.

 

I agree. Highlands went from potentially tieing it, to being down 6 within the next I believe 30 seconds?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.