Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 55 Highlands 47

Featured Replies

Yup. Refresh my memory, does slapping the backboard while the ball is on the rim constitute a goaltend. I know we discussed this on here.

 

I wasn't part of the discussion, but my understanding has always been that it is goal tending if the refs feel it changed the shot.

 

Slapping the backboard is NEVER a basket interference call . It CAN be a technical IF the official believes the player was not making a play on the ball or if he was trying to draw attention to himself in some way. If the slap was a result of a defender attempting and missing on a blocked shot attempt its nothing.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Boone County on the win.

Why was the foul call horrible?

 

I agree that Earls slid under Gordon.

 

Because she made the call from behind the player and the bald referee had a clear shot of the tied up ball and came running in to make the call. She comes over and SHOWBOATS like she was doing all night with her cute little "slap my wrist as hard as I can when I inform the scorer what the call is". She did this when she called fouls on Boone Co as well. Give me a break lady.

 

I think Boone deserved to win the game but a few of the calls were just really bad and I know even the fair weathered fans were shaking their heads in disbelief.

 

I also thought McQueary called some pretty good timeouts and set up nice plays where he got some great mismatches with Brown/ Lother.

Congrats to the Birds on a successful season. The refs were let's just say - interesting - both ways and in NO way were a determining factor in the outcome. I think you could map out some fine calls that went against both teams. Boone has been lights out from the FT line at crunch time in the tournaments. This will be needed again Tuesday night. Good to get rid of that sick feeling from the worst game of the year at Highlands during the regular season. Boone and Holmes are the two best teams in the 9th and that's great to see them get to pair off in the finals.

Were you there?

 

I was, why?

IMO: The changing point of the game was when Highlands was down by 2 in the 4th and stole the inbounds pass and Kowolonek missed a wide open shot right in front of the basket. It seemed after that that Boone took control of the game.

 

I respectfully disagree didn't you see the officiating?? :p

Because she made the call from behind the player and the bald referee had a clear shot of the tied up ball and came running in to make the call. She comes over and SHOWBOATS like she was doing all night with her cute little "slap my wrist as hard as I can when I inform the scorer what the call is". She did this when she called fouls on Boone Co as well. Give me a break lady.

 

I think Boone deserved to win the game but a few of the calls were just really bad and I know even the fair weathered fans were shaking their heads in disbelief.

 

I also thought McQueary called some pretty good timeouts and set up nice plays where he got some great mismatches with Brown/ Lother.

I saw the play from the same side the female referee did and it looked like they were all over Mcfarland. Boone County had the possession arrows anyways. I will disagree with you that she was showboating.

I saw the play from the same side the female referee did and it looked like they were all over Mcfarland. Boone County had the possession arrows anyways. I will disagree with you that she was showboating.

 

I didnt realize they had the arrow, thanks for pointing that out. Im done complaining about any significance it may have had. :isurrender:

 

She might not have been showboating but she was certainly very animated in her foul calls and I gurantee she has to ice that wrist tonight. :taz:

The charge call that Earls was able to draw was definitely a bad call. But you know what, refs blow that call every game. Refs always want to call the charge and it is rare that a player doesn't slide a little to draw the contact. Beyond that charging call, no clearly bad calls in the game. I thought the refs were very good, for the most part. Sure there were calls I disagreed with but nothing that was a clear miss other than the charge. As to the complaint that the female ref made a call when she did not have as good a view of the play as the other ref, I always answer that complaint with this - was it a foul or not? It does not matter if one ref was 2 feet away and the ref who calls the foul is 40 feet away if the call was right. It is possible the ref 40 feet away saw something the ref in "better" position did not. I thought the refs did a good job and they definitely did not win or lose the game for anyone.

HHS needed to force Boone to shoot from the outside. They do not shoot the ball very well. I would guess that 19 of the 21 field goals were in the paint. Even when HHS went zone, Boone found holes and got inside shots. The zone should have been even tighter and forced Boone to score from the perimeter.

 

Boone was able to seal the game at the free throw line. Late 4th qtr run of 10 for 10 put the game away.

McFarland made some nice interior passes and really turned it up a notch in the 2nd half.

 

I think more talk needs to be on the Sr. for Boone Co Andrew Brown. He made some nice moves to the basket, one time a really nice lefthanded layup with a hand in his face. He played with a lot of heart, you could see he wasnt going to let it be his last game. You have to respect that and I think he and McFarland willed the REbels to victory. Having Seniors is huge when making a run to a championship. The Birds will learn this next season.

McFarland made some nice interior passes and really turned it up a notch in the 2nd half.

 

I think more talk needs to be on the Sr. for Boone Co Andrew Brown. He made some nice moves to the basket, one time a really nice lefthanded layup with a hand in his face. He played with a lot of heart, you could see he wasnt going to let it be his last game. You have to respect that and I think he and McFarland willed the REbels to victory. Having Seniors is huge when making a run to a championship. The Birds will learn this next season.

 

Brown plays with a lot of heart for his size. The left hand layup was nice, and he hit an open baseline jumber and rebounded/boxed out well. He also shot well from the free throw line and made most of the layups that McFarland set up up with on great passes. I agree that McFarland was the player of the game today, followed by Brown. Brown is a smart player and a great kid.

Brown plays with a lot of heart for his size. The left hand layup was nice, and he hit an open baseline jumber and rebounded/boxed out well. He also shot well from the free throw line and made most of the layups that McFarland set up up with on great passes. I agree that McFarland was the player of the game today, followed by Brown. Brown is a smart player and a great kid.

 

Mcfarland made some silly, silly mistakes today. He played awesome down the stretch, but Brown carried the team today.

Because she made the call from behind the player and the bald referee had a clear shot of the tied up ball and came running in to make the call. She comes over and SHOWBOATS like she was doing all night with her cute little "slap my wrist as hard as I can when I inform the scorer what the call is". She did this when she called fouls on Boone Co as well. Give me a break lady.

 

.

 

As you know the #1 job is to get the call right. 3 officials are not going to see the same thing when bodies are flying around. If one official sees the jump ball but the other sees a foul BEFORE the jump ball, its 100% correct to override the jump ball call.

 

I did think that all of the 16th region officials were a bit dramatic in their reporting of fouls.

I didnt realize they had the arrow, thanks for pointing that out. Im done complaining about any significance it may have had. :isurrender:

 

She might not have been showboating but she was certainly very animated in her foul calls and I gurantee she has to ice that wrist tonight. :taz:

 

Reminded me of the ref from the movie Semi Pro when Will Ferrell gets fouled at the end and ref goes over to the table to explain the call. :lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.