Would you pursue Michael Vick?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to disagree with that part. The NFL is extremely concerned about its image.
Yet Ricky Williams, Pacman Jones, Henry and many, many others still get chance after chance.

Like most every professional sport, the ability to sell Tickets and generate revenue, trumps the actions of many.

I'd certainly sign him if I was a team in need of a quarterback. However the contract I would offer would be very low in regards to money.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Its a low risk high reward thing if you don't pay him a lot. If he does well and stays out of trouble you have a #1 pick running your team and you're paying him pennies. If he screws up cut him, not a big loss.

I would. My favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings and this provides more of a threat than Jackson or Freotte. I think Vick is/was the most physically gifted player to play Quarterback in the history of football. He is so dangerous in the open field, and with Vick and Peterson on the same field, you have to keep some personnel out of the box to account for Vick, and any time you have fewer than 7-8 men in the box with Adrian Peterson in the backfield, there will be trouble.

I wouldn't sign him as my #1 QB and I wouldn't sign him if I had a great pocket passer already. But I would as a #2 QB behind a good/average QB--like Miami's situation last season--to offer a change of pace and a different look for the opponent to prepare for. He was not a great passer but with the emergence of the "Wildcat" formation in the NFL since his time in jail, he is an ideal fit. With that said, I would take a good long look and talk to him in detail about how he is going to handle the media, etc.