February 4, 200917 yr You are starting to sound a little like A.I. Practice.... practice.... you talking about practice.... I agree. I get sick of that rhetoric too. I'm glad you called me out on it. I wanted to call myself! Of course A.I. can get away with not practicing. Michael Porter could practice 20 hours a day and still wouldn't be the best point guard in the 12th Region.
February 4, 200917 yr I'm glad you called me out on it. I wanted to call myself! Of course A.I. can get away with not practicing. Michael Porter could practice 20 hours a day and still wouldn't be the best point guard in the 12th Region. :laugh: That's classic. Because we both know how bad the 12th is....
February 4, 200917 yr One more thought....the final score was in no way an indicator of how this one went................................it was much more of a blowout than the score indicates.
February 4, 200917 yr Honestly, I dont think that there scared to miss....They just cant shoot. Maybe a combination of both :idunno: and that's not a good combination. :scared: I do think Miller can be a good shooter, he just needs to gain confidence in his outside jumper....something he can't do if he's afraid of missing, which right now I think he is.
February 4, 200917 yr I'm tired of complaining about this. Rich Brooks leaves Lones Sieber (aka the worst kicker of all-time) on the field because he "practices" well. Michael Porter starts every night because he "practices" well. Martin Newton used to rave about how well Josh Carrier shot the ball in Memorial Coliseum. But what little he played, he shot terribly. He didn't need to play (and didn't), because he couldn't do it when it counted. Why do our current coaches not follow that rule? To quote Herm Edwards...you play to win the game. I don't care one bit about practice. I just want to see a good product on the floor. :notworthy: Summed up in one brief sentence. Find whomever the Players are and give them the best chance to succeed. Make adjustments based off the defense and flow of the game. Use practice to correct problems and not to drain stamina.
February 4, 200917 yr Maybe a combination of both :idunno: and that's not a good combination. :scared: I do think Miller can be a good shooter, he just needs to gain confidence in his outside jumper....something he can't do if he's afraid of missing, which right now I think he is. I agree I think Miller is nervous and should not be, I think he has very good capability with the outside jumper.
February 4, 200917 yr No we go to Steve in Ashland........ Leave Ashland out of this. I'm sure people are drinking in Ashland over this loss. I know this because I'm one of them :lol:
February 4, 200917 yr No we go to Steve in Ashland........ For what it's worth, I haven't taught school in almost two weeks. I've been excited three times about getting to watch the UK game without having to get up the next morning. And they're 0-3. I'm ready to go back to work!
February 4, 200917 yr Honestly, I dont think that there scared to miss....They just cant shoot. I agree, I don't think they are afraid to shoot b/c they'll come out they don't shoot b/c they know it isn't going to go in. Liggins for one has no problem taking and missing shots.
February 4, 200917 yr I agree, I don't think they are afraid to shoot b/c they'll come out they don't shoot b/c they know it isn't going to go in. Liggins for one has no problem taking and missing shots. Liggins actually shot the ball a little better tonight. Maybe not statistically, but more confidently.
February 4, 200917 yr Maybe a combination of both :idunno: and that's not a good combination. :scared: I do think Miller can be a good shooter, he just needs to gain confidence in his outside jumper....something he can't do if he's afraid of missing, which right now I think he is. No doubt he has severe confidence issue but if you are play D1 ball and the other team is daring you to shot then, you have got to pull the trigger. He along with Liggins need alot of devolping and im not sure if the staff can get it done. Well, to be honest I have no idea if they can but you would think they would tweak with his shot some by now
February 4, 200917 yr How many coaches could have this team playing better? I say more than a few... How many coaches would have Porter and Harris on the court for anything more than cleanup duty? How many coaches would let their starting 5 go more than 6minutes without scoring, playing trashy and do nothing about it? IMO he let the starting 5 set the tempo of the game and we never recovered... Not saying BCG won't do great things at UK, but I'm certainly no fan of his short term plan...
February 4, 200917 yr Liggins actually shot the ball a little better tonight. Maybe not statistically, but more confidently. I don't think he has a confidence problem as far as shooting. He has a shooting problem. He's not a good shooter at this point. Edited February 4, 200917 yr by Latch
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.