Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mississippi St 66 UK 57

Featured Replies

Gonna be a long season.

 

They keep this up it's going to be a lot shorter than we all anticipated.

  • Replies 211
  • Views 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottom line is teams have figured out that all you have to do is guard two players to beat UK. Larry Conley even said Stansbury told his players during the shootaround not to worry about anybody except Meeks and Patterson. Miller needs to start and look to score more. Harris brings nothing to the table on the offensive end, and very little on the defensive end. It is obvious that everyone outside of Meeks (and Liggins) is afraid to shoot from outside. Galloway gets in early in the first half, passes up a wide open 3, then takes a wide open 3 later in the same posession, misses.....then straight back to the bench. It's no wonder that nobody else can make a 3, they're scared of missing.

Have you not seen the outcome when Harris trys to score...I've got better chance scoring with a super model. If PS doesn't dunk then he doesnt score. Porter and Miller are a disaster from deep. Only way anybody not named Meeks or Patterson can score is Miller's floater

 

That has to be a classic line! :clap::ylsuper::notworthy:

The bottom line is teams have figured out that all you to do is guard two players to beat UK. Larry Conley even said Stansbury told his players during the shootaround not to worry about anybody except Meeks and Patterson. Miller needs to start and look to score more. Harris brings nothing to the table on the offensive end, and very little on the defensive end. It is obvious that everyone outside of Meeks (and Liggins) is afraid to shoot from outside. Galloway gets in early in the first half, passes up a wide open 3, then takes a wide open 3 later in the same posession, misses.....then straight back to the bench. It's no wonder that nobody else can make a 3, they're scared of missing.
Honestly, I dont think that there scared to miss....They just cant shoot.
Excellent point, the fear of doing something wrong and being removed, may be in their mind. Sometimes you got to let them make mistakes and learn their way.

 

Should have been done early on but now, it's too deep into the season. I've never been confused with a College Basketball Coach but if what you are putting on the floor is struggling, then time to make some changes.

 

I have no idea how anyone looks in practice but it's obvious when the lights of the game are on, it's the same display by some.

Right on, S3. UK can't play loose, they don't seem to enjoy what they're doing. They play scared. No fun. I wouldn't doubt that Patterson and Meeks leave town.

I'm going to give BCG a little leverage, but right now I want him to stop blaming his players and go take a long look in the mirror. He then may find the problem.

That has to be a classic line! :clap::ylsuper::notworthy:

 

Yeah, I figured it to be a crowd favorite

  • Author

The wheels on the bus fall off and off...off and off...off and off.

They are a Final Four Team. They will be fine.

Right on, S3. UK can't play loose, they don't seem to enjoy what they're doing. They play scared. No fun. I wouldn't doubt that Patterson and Meeks leave town.

I'm going to give BCG a little leverage, but right now I want him to stop blaming his players and go take a long look in the mirror. He then may find the problem.

I've always appreciate how hard someone practices and deserves to play. I also understand the importance of game evaluation and if the same thing happens in games, some adjustment in the lineup needs to be made.

 

Almost makes you wonder, is the practice more important or the effectiveness of a player to win the game.

MSU hits 14 three's, U.K. hits 4, by my math that adds up to a 30 pt. spread. I believe that we can easily see where the big difference in this game was.

MSU blocked 13 shots, 7 by Vanardo. U.K. looked like they were standing in cement most of the night with the exception a one stretch in the 2nd half. I am not sure who those college age kids in the white U.K.uni's were tonight and how they got those tickets but they had excellent seats for a shooting, hustling show by MSU. They must have been amazed, they stood around and watched MSU play and for the most part take uncontested shots and drain them all night. Those half dozen or so guys in the suits at the scorer's table end of the U.K. bench had good tickets as well. :rolleyes:

MSU came out with an excellent game plan, were well coached in it and executed and the Cats could not/did not make the adjustments needed. There are too many things that I am frustrated with after this one to even begin to talk about them. Fist time since the 95'-96' season U.K. loses two consecutive conference home games :irked:, three straight losses to MSU. Just too "ticked" off to say a whole lot right now so I will end my rant.

 

This team has a week to stew on this one before the Florida game, needless to say there is plenty of work to be done. U.K. HAS to get his thing turned around NOW, starting with the Florida game in one week!

GO BIG BLUE!!

They are a Final Four Team. They will be fine.

 

I am glad someone is optimistic.

They are a Final Four Team. They will be fine.

 

That's the spirit.:dancingpa

Almost makes you wonder, is the practice more important or the effectiveness of a player to win the game.

 

I'm tired of complaining about this. Rich Brooks leaves Lones Sieber (aka the worst kicker of all-time) on the field because he "practices" well. Michael Porter starts every night because he "practices" well.

 

Martin Newton used to rave about how well Josh Carrier shot the ball in Memorial Coliseum. But what little he played, he shot terribly. He didn't need to play (and didn't), because he couldn't do it when it counted. Why do our current coaches not follow that rule?

 

To quote Herm Edwards...you play to win the game. I don't care one bit about practice. I just want to see a good product on the floor.

I'm tired of complaining about this. Rich Brooks leaves Lones Sieber (aka the worst kicker of all-time) on the field because he "practices" well. Michael Porter starts every night because he "practices" well.

 

Martin Newton used to rave about how well Josh Carrier shot the ball in Memorial Coliseum. But what little he played, he shot terribly. So who cares how you practice.

 

To quote Herm Edwards...you play to win the game. I don't care one bit about practice. I just want to see a good product on the floor.

 

You are starting to sound a little like A.I.

 

Practice.... practice.... you talking about practice....

 

I agree. I get sick of that rhetoric too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.