Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If you had to pick 1 QB for the Super Bowl who would it be?

Featured Replies

Bradshaw was not much of a factor in the Steelers first Super Bowl.

 

He threw some tough passes in their second one and Lynn Swann was beyond belief.

 

The next 2 had more of Bradshaw's stamp than the Steel Curtain's stamp. The Cowboys scored 31 and the Rams 19 vs the Curtain. But I think Terry had something like 7 TD passes in the 2 games.

 

Bradshaw was not a great thrower, runner or even QB. He just was a winner who made the plays when needed. He was also tough as nails.

Exactly why I'd want him, especially in the big dance.:notworthy:
  • Replies 64
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I understand that but you can look at the guys the Patriots had and pretty much say one way or the other. Rice is a no brainer.

 

I am not saying that I would take Brady over Montana but it didn't hurt Montana to have the best receiver to ever play (or close to it).

 

Only had Rice for his final 2 super bowls.

Brady. I did not grow up in the era of Montana, so I will not attempt to judge him. Brady is the best quarterback I have seen and had it not been for a late 4th quarter pick in the AFC title game in 07, we'd be talking about 4 titles for Brady and 2 losses in Playoff career. Pretty dang impressive IMO

Brady. I did not grow up in the era of Montana, so I will not attempt to judge him. Brady is the best quarterback I have seen and had it not been for a late 4th quarter pick in the AFC title game in 07, we'd be talking about 4 titles for Brady and 2 losses in Playoff career. Pretty dang impressive IMO

 

Well, if you are going to play if not for, if not for a Bledsoe injury, it might be 0 for Brady.

Bradshaw was not much of a factor in the Steelers first Super Bowl.

 

He threw some tough passes in their second one and Lynn Swann was beyond belief.

 

The next 2 had more of Bradshaw's stamp than the Steel Curtain's stamp. The Cowboys scored 31 and the Rams 19 vs the Curtain. But I think Terry had something like 7 TD passes in the 2 games.

 

Bradshaw was not a great thrower, runner or even QB. He just was a winner who made the plays when needed. He was also tough as nails.

 

You cant argue with 4 and 0! I see a lot of similarities on a young quarterback playing now, cant think of the name. He's a very big quarterback like Bradshaw, very hard to bring down and sack also. He has a very strong arm also, and is known for shrugging off the sack and making the big play. He's clearly not there yet, but maybe destiny awaits?

 

Since I can't have Bradshaw, I think I'll still feel pretty good with the young kid.

1.Montana

2.Staubach

3.Elway

4.P.Manning

5.Bradshaw

6.Stabler

7.Aikman

8.Brady

9.Starr

10.Young

Best of the losers: Marino, Tarkenton, Jim Kelly

  • Author
Brady. I did not grow up in the era of Montana, so I will not attempt to judge him. Brady is the best quarterback I have seen and had it not been for a late 4th quarter pick in the AFC title game in 07, we'd be talking about 4 titles for Brady and 2 losses in Playoff career. Pretty dang impressive IMO

 

Here is how you judge Montana

 

Career Super Bowl stats

11 TDs (record)

0 Ints (record)

1,142 yards (record)

127.8 career super bowl rating (record)

3 super bowl MVPs (record)

4-0

 

And if we are talking 'what if', ... Montana would have taken the Chiefs to the Super Bowl had Kimble Anders not dropped a TD pass in the 4th quarter on the goal line against the Bills.

 

With that being said, Brady has been the best big game QBs in more recent times. There are so many to choose from, ... Montana, Brady, Staubach, Aikman, Bradshaw, Starr, Elway, etc, who all performed well on the big stage on more than one occasion.

Terry Bradshaw, a winner.

 

If I get the Steel Curtain as part of the package...I'll buy. :lol:

Terry Bradshaw's Super Bowl Stats

 

IX 9-14 passing for 96 yards and 1 TD (16-9 game)

 

X 9-19 passing for 209 yards and 2 TD's (21-17 game)

 

XIII 17-30 passing for 318 yards and 4 TD's (35-31 game)

 

XIV 14-21 passing for 309 yards and 2 TD's (31-19 game)

 

 

Just thought they were worth looking at for the discussion.

Here is how you judge Montana

 

Career Super Bowl stats

11 TDs (record)

0 Ints (record)

1,142 yards (record)

127.8 career super bowl rating (record)

3 super bowl MVPs (record)

4-0

 

And if we are talking 'what if', ... Montana would have taken the Chiefs to the Super Bowl had Kimble Anders not dropped a TD pass in the 4th quarter on the goal line against the Bills.

 

With that being said, Brady has been the best big game QBs in more recent times. There are so many to choose from, ... Montana, Brady, Staubach, Aikman, Bradshaw, Starr, Elway, etc, who all performed well on the big stage on more than one occasion.

 

It's not my place. I am too young to have solid memories of Joe Montana, So I picked Tom Brady. He's the best quarterback that I have personally ever watched. And he is definitely the best playoff quarterback I have seen. I am not saying Brady is better than Montana, I am saying Tom Brady is THE BEST QB I have ever watched. It may be different if I had watched Montana.

It's not my place. I am too young to have solid memories of Joe Montana, So I picked Tom Brady. He's the best quarterback that I have personally ever watched. And he is definitely the best playoff quarterback I have seen. I am not saying Brady is better than Montana, I am saying Tom Brady is THE BEST QB I have ever watched. It may be different if I had watched Montana.

 

They're fairly similar, IMO. Montana was probably a better scrambler, but I think Brady has a stronger arm...however, both rely on their intelligence, accuracy and decision-making (quick decisions and correct decisions) as their primary weapons.

 

You couldn't go wrong with either. Personally, I prefer Brady. Brady is the best QB I've ever seen as well...

Jim Kelly or Fran Tarkenton? Wouldn't the odds be in their favor to win one?:clap:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.