Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 26 Tennessee 20

Featured Replies

Division 1 coaches are not allowed to watch any all-star practices or games.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Practice is not a game. Whole different situation. The NFL pro bowl can do it with NFL ego's. But like I said this is just the second year of this game and I'm sure they have more than this to work on to make it even better.

I am sure that every effort was made to get kids in the game, but sometimes one player or another steps up and makes plays. It looked to me early in the game both TN and KY were running two offensive and defensive groups and filling in alittle along. In the second half it looked more like running a couple of kids in and out in certian situations.

 

It was an honor to be picked regardless of playing time. I am confident that there are many many kids who would have liked to have had an opportunity to have worn a jersey with KENTUCKY across their chest whether they got in the game or not. I can't see that it was anyones fault if a kid did not get in the game, both teams were there to win and playing just becuase you are on the team went out with Little League. I do think you need the bigger numbers to have kids who are not playing both ways, coaches are going to put the best players on the field, remember they are keeping score and you don't want to be the guy who lost to Tennessee All Stars....

 

The folks who put this bowl together did a great job, and very little was left to chance. The weather kept a few fans away I am sure, but it was a great day of football.

 

I thought the defense really played well thoughout the game, and the offense really got going in the second half. Congrats to KENTUCKY on a great victory and I look forward to next years game.

Again a man (coach) should suck it up and not have to improve their ego by winning a game that is to highlight the players. This is directly from the website.

 

"The Border Bowl is a non-profit organization established to promote high school football in Kentucky and Tennessee. The objective is to provide an ALL-STAR game featuring the top players in Kentucky and Tennessee. This game allows players to have one more opportunity to play, practice and battle it out for the rights to the border. It also allows high school seniors to gain additional exposure and perhaps earn a scholarship for college. Each player must be nominated by a coach. All player profiles are reviewed by a panel of coaches from their home state."

 

It says one more opportunity to play, practice, AND battle. Not just practice! I'm sure wearing KENTUCKY on their jersey was an awesome experience, but getting to knock the orange off of something would be part of the experience too.

 

The two players I was interesting in seeing play got to play, but some didn't and a lot of them never got to play their usual positions. The Greer kid that won a championship with Bell County as a RB Hardly ran the ball if any, but I guess he is good enough to be a running back for the state champs but not in an all star game. I don't think he should have been the premiere back, but getting to run it 3 or 4 times wouldn't have hurt.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Does anyone know how Mike Sullivan of Holy Cross did?

Does anyone know how Mike Sullivan of Holy Cross did?

 

All I remember is a catch for around 15 yards. He may have done more but thats all I remember.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Does anyone know how Mike Sullivan of Holy Cross did?

 

He also caught a two-point conversion from Zack Lewis to give the KY team 13 point lead late in the 4th.

The two players I was interesting in seeing play got to play, but some didn't and a lot of them never got to play their usual positions. The Greer kid that won a championship with bell county as a RB hardly ran the ball if any, but I guess he is good enough to be a running back for the state champs but not in an all star game. I don't think he should have been the premiere back, but getting to run it 3 or 4 times wouldn't have hurt.

 

Greer played defensive back during the game and did very well. Made some key tackles for the KY team.

He also caught a two-point conversion from Zack Lewis to give the KY team 13 point lead late in the 4th.

 

 

Speaking of Zach Lewis...I thought he looked very comfortable and his throws were very accurate. If not for a few dropped passes and the rotation of QB's I'm sure he could have lead KY to the end-zone multiple times.

This was Ky TEAM not individuals. Again I will say most of the exposure was during practice from the smaller colleges. Many of which did not attend the game but did attend a few practices.

 

Let it die this was great opportunity for the players nominated/chosen.

 

I thought all 3 QB's for Ky played well.

I watched the game and it was a great game coaches did well. What spectators need to realize, the head coach is a spread coach, and that is what KY ran, the backs when they ran the ball were stuffed for the most part, so it was a passing game. Sometimes stuff doesn't go well for everyone.

Wow...It was ccccccc-old! I'm taking the advise of my mentor, LN, and thawing out with a good shot or two of his "special tonic". CONGRATS and THANK YOU to the BORDER BOWL COMMITTEE and THE NATIONAL GUARD. What a first class event they staged! From the banquet to the game, it seemed to have that Highlands flavor. Ex-Bluebird greats Marty Moore and Gino Guidugli were the banquet speakers and current Bluebird greats Adam Dempsey, Oliver Head, and baby-brother "MR MVP" Tony Guidugli were standouts in the game. I know O-Line coach, Bruce "Wizard of Koz" Kozerski, from Holy Cross, was concerned about his line's ability to pass block. They all were great run blocker's and in 3 short days, the Wizard developed them into a pretty tight pass blocking unit(s). Well done Coach! Especially since 1st team all-state OL Adam Dempsey chose to play Defense!! And at defensive tackle...a spot HHS doesn't play. All he did was bag the games MVP for KY defense. And a late addition to the roster, Oliver Head, got to showcase his offensive skills as a wide out/RB and found the end zone. And Mr. 15...or as we were saying "It's TONY-TIME!!", was the big difference maker in the game. Throwing, running, scrambling, improvising...he just made it happen...just like the state finals! Zach "ATTACK" Eagler of Boone also had a VERY nice game. He was in on MANY tackles. Kudos also go out to the TN kick returner...man that cat can fly!! Any one who gets a chance to participate in this event should JUMP at the opportunity. It was really a great 4 days for the boys!! Congrats to ALL involved

 

This may help....:D

images[1].jpg

I watched the game and it was a great game coaches did well. What spectators need to realize, the head coach is a spread coach, and that is what KY ran, the backs when they ran the ball were stuffed for the most part, so it was a passing game. Sometimes stuff doesn't go well for everyone.

 

 

Maybe had they ran the Benedict kid from Estill (5'10 210) more than once instead of the 5'8 160/165 guys all the time they would have established a running game. He deserved just as much exposure as anyone else.

 

Just my opinion, I guess I will just have to let it die!

This may help....:D

 

HEY...He's a LINEMAN, not a QB!! :lol:

HEY...He's a LINEMAN, not a QB!! :lol:

 

:isurrender:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.