Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 26 Tennessee 20

Featured Replies

I thought that they was doing away with the KY and TN all-star game.

 

They did, this isn't a true KY vs TN game, only portions of each state participate

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If UK can't get any traction with some of the DB targets they are currently looking at, does anyone think Brooks offers Adams at the last minute?

I'm pretty sure that WKYT Lexington and WVLK Knoxville will have replays but I can't find when.

Hunter Adams impressed me more than anyone on the KY roster. I hadn't had a chance to see the kid play, but he is tough. The Hicks kid (#5) was very tough as well. Tennessee had a good sized D line, and some very intimidating linebackers.

Any ideas on crowd size? College coaches there watching kids?

 

Does the game look like it was supported well enough to continue? I was glad to hear the Ky. Nat'l Guard stepped up to be a major sponsor. I think Freddie Maggard (former Cumberland HS and UK star) is a 'higher-up' in that organization.

Good crowd, I don't know how many the stadium seats, but there were not many empty seats, plus quit a few people standing around the fence. It was a good crowd.

 

There were quite a few college scouts there, they set in the press box, so I don't know an exact number, but several people told there were quite a few of them.

 

The National Guard did a great job with their sponsorship. They made it a much better event.

Curious as to how OL Robby Logan played? Also, how did his high school teammate(Raceland), Bret Denton play?

Both played defense only. Logan was in the backfield quite a few times, but it always seemed when he was, the play was going away from him. He hurried the QB several times.

 

Denton broke up two passes, and had several touches on punt coverage, but was not able to make the solo tackle on his own.

 

Both played well, there was a lot of substituting with the number of players they had to ensure playing time for everyone.

 

I really did not see a bad player on the field for Kentucky. They all were very good. You never had a drop off no matter who was in the game.

I thought that they was doing away with the KY and TN all-star game.

They did quit that, 2 years ago and replaced it with the Kentucky East vs. West All Star Game.

 

This Bowl game is not affiliated with that bowl game at all.

No players from Danville or Boyle County.

 

Coached had to nominate the players, ask the coaches.

This was a great game and the cold was just football weather.

Adams played well all day and was possibly the best player on the field. (I saw Floyd Branham there, also, as the KY Honorary Coach. Floyd was one of the best players to ever come out of MHS, IMO.)

 

Both teams looked ready and suprised me with very few real mistakes with such a short time to prepare. Both were a little chippy early, but the refs straightened it all out. All in all it was a fun game that went down to the last seconds. There was a good crowd and I have some windburn. (I have been told I made the background on television a time or two, also. I guess this was my 15 minutes!)

 

Kudos to the National Guard, all the people who put in the time and effort to put the game on, and to Williamsburg and University of the Cumberlands for the facilities. And BIG KUDOS to each and every young man who participated on both teams.:thumb:

 

I hope this bowl game sticks and is around for a very long time.

I think they played it this early because some of the kids not going on to school to play ball might get out of playing shape if they waited until March or April. Just a guess. It's still fun to watch football in the cold, though.:lol:

What type of representation did KY get as far as first and 2nd team all-state kids?

What type of representation did KY get as far as first and 2nd team all-state kids?

I know there were several All-State players on the team, the ones that I know. But, many of the players I have not personally heard that much about.

I was curious as to how many kids "opted out" due to injury concerns or basketball.

Any ideas?

There was only a lot of substituting on defense. However, several boys working the offensive side of the ball were only in on a few plays. They basically ran a one back offense with only two or three guys getting a chance to play the position (mainly two). The other players deserved the same opportunity as everyone else, but were not given it. I thought the game was to "showcase" everyone's talent that got invited - or at least give them an opportunity. Two and half cold days of practice and they had to stand and watch. I still don't understand why there was not more substituting on offense to give equal playing time to those on that side of the ball.

I was curious as to how many kids "opted out" due to injury concerns or basketball.

Any ideas?

 

My biggest concern was the number of players on the team and the playing time for the players. There were several players that did not get in the game for a single play and there were others that were only on special teams. I know that it is important for the coaches to win, but this was suppose to be a game where it would show case the players on the team to college coaches to view the players. Why did this happen where a lot of players did not even enter the game after making the team and some of those on the team were only on special teams and not ever touching the ball. I suggest that every player be given equal playing time or lower the numbers on the roster. Why should a kid be subject to all the hype and practice and never enter the game? I know personally of a few players that had great seasons that never had the opportunity to show what they could on the field. I know the answer. I was there and was there last year, but this is what I have noticed the past two years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.