Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman Tournaments

Featured Replies

The 10th region has a freshman tourney but I was informed that the 9th does not. What about the other regions?

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 10th region has a freshman tourney but I was informed that the 9th does not. What about the other regions?

 

9th always has in the past. A wonderful tourney held at CovCath.

9th always has in the past. A wonderful tourney held at CovCath.

 

True but its not an official 9th region tourney. For example, SK and Scott both played in it last year. Its an NKY tourney and its an invitational.

True but its not an official 9th region tourney. For example, SK and Scott both played in it last year. Its an NKY tourney and its an invitational.

 

That is correct. I do have a very old :irked:program that states it as being the 9th Region invitational.:thumb:

Ashland used to have an freshman AIT, not an official 16th region tourney, but if I remember right most teams were invited.

I don't think the 13th has an actual tournament. Several teams host their own tournaments, though.

I know the 56th district does but I am not for sure(I believe not) that there are a Freshmen Regional Tournament. There are a real good middle school tournament that the 14th Region Coaches Association hosts. I believe Jon Noble is over it this year so you can be assured it is going to be good one.

I don't think the 13th has an actual tournament. Several teams host their own tournaments, though.

 

The 13th has had a tournament in the past, at least they did two years ago because I went.

Has anyone ever given any thought to organizing and putting on a 9th region frosh tournament? All schools (large and small) would be invited to participate, games would be created via blind draw with first and second round games at various sites throughout the region and the semi-finals and finals could be held at various schools throughout the region. Sounds like a potential money maker for some ambitious AD's.

Has anyone ever given any thought to organizing and putting on a 9th region frosh tournament? All schools (large and small) would be invited to participate, games would be created via blind draw with first and second round games at various sites throughout the region and the semi-finals and finals could be held at various schools throughout the region. Sounds like a potential money maker for some ambitious AD's.

 

Do you know one???:idunno:

Is there one in the 12th region?

 

I have been meanong to ask our coaches, but I keep forgetting and I won't see them until next week.

I have been hearing through the grapevine that the KBA is looking at dates next Feb. of having a freshmen state tourney. Talk is of getting in touch with each regions coach's rep. and asking them to send either their 2 best teams, or if they have a region tourney, send the winner and runner-up to compete in a 32 team state tourney. I think this would be a great idea.

The 13th has had a tournament in the past, at least they did two years ago because I went.

 

If they have one, keep us (me, specifically) posted on the dates and times.

Has anyone ever given any thought to organizing and putting on a 9th region frosh tournament? All schools (large and small) would be invited to participate, games would be created via blind draw with first and second round games at various sites throughout the region and the semi-finals and finals could be held at various schools throughout the region. Sounds like a potential money maker for some ambitious AD's.

 

That would require work so I doubt it will happen. Especially when they have the Invitational at CovCath which I hear is put on very well. Someone told me they turn out the lights and announce starting lineups and do it 1st class. Would be even nicer if the CovCath Radio guys did the games.

  • Author

Does anyone have any details on the 10th region freshman tourney (dates and location)? I know Campbell County plays the winner of Brossart/Scott on 2/5 for the 37th district championship. I am looking forward to seeing some of the other 10th region teams that I have been hearing about.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.