Sports scene that gives you the most goose bumps

The Scribe

Which sports movie scene gives you the most goose bumps?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which sports movie scene gives you the most goose bumps?

• Jimmy Chitwood hits the state title game-winner in HOOSIERS
    • Rudy takes the field against Georgia Tech in RUDY
    • Rocky beats Apollo in the 10 count to win the title in ROCKY II
    • Gary Cooper gives the famous Lou Gehrig speech in PRIDE OF THE YANKEES
    • Roy Hobbs hits the home run into the light standard in THE NATURAL
    • The U.S. win the gold medal in MIRACLE
    • Billy Dee Williams visits James Caan in the hospital in BRIAN'S SONG
    • Rev runs for the game-winning touchdown in REMEMBER THE TITANS
    • Kevin Costner plays catch with his father at the end of FIELD OF DREAMS
    • Pele's bicycle kick goal in VICTORY
    • Jim Morris takes the mound in THE ROOKIE
    • Something else

Never understood the silliness surrounding "Rudy." I think a few too many Catholics overrate this one.

My pick was "Hoosiers." But my moment isn't so much when he hits the shot, but when they're in the TO beforehand and Jimmy says, "I'll make it." It's not like you didn't know what was coming after that ...

Edited by Jim Schue

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the playing catch scene isn't what I'd call a goosebump scene, it's a "I'm about to cry" kind of scene. I definitely think it's the best scene on this list, but I get goosebumps when Rudy runs onto the field. When they start to carry him off is even better and gets me every time.

Mine is the last scene from Invincible. When they beat the Giants at the end. thats probably my favorite sports movie for some reason. We are Marshall is a pretty powerful movie. My favorite scene is when they have all the people at the window when the kid was talking to the president or ad.

I guess the playing catch scene isn't what I'd call a goosebump scene, it's a "I'm about to cry" kind of scene. I definitely think it's the best scene on this list, but I get goosebumps when Rudy runs onto the field. When they start to carry him off is even better and gets me every time.

Definitely Rudy. Not when he takes the field, but when they carry him off.

Basketball was such a huge part of my upbringing. I spent a lot of time playing by myself and emulating players. I also played for a small school so I picked the Jimmy Chitwood game winner coming around the picket fence. He didnt get caught watching the paint dry either.

Outside of that I think this could be 2nd. Gives me chills everytime I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLDkCMSSOPE&search=autistic

I can pull a tear out of my eye by getting caught up in these type of movies all the time.

Happend to me again last week while watching Rocky II.

Rudy probably gets my vote for this thread.

It is something about success stories of those always beating the odds that can choke me up all the time. Similar to "Pursuit of Happiness" when he lands the job at the end of the movie.

I voted something else:

At the end of of Bagger Vance when he moves the twig and the ball moves,the Caddy tells him that no one has to know and he says,"I'll know."

Let that be a lesson King, the next time we play skins at our course. Don't make me have to call it on you.:D

I voted for Roy Hobbs' home run. I love that movie.

Also, there was a movie about a Jamaican bob sled team a few years ago that had a great ending, but I can't remember the name of it.