UK lands Dakotah Tyler.

corndog23

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't heard that UK was even on his radar, but this appears to be a good pickup for the Cats. 6'0 200lb safety.

Evaluation

Tyler is a very versatile athlete that can play either side of the football. He has very good size and carries his weight well. Possesses excellent speed and quickness. Defensively demonstrates the ability to be solid against both the run and the pass. Good tackler that brings his legs on contact and rarely misses in the openfield. Breaks well on the pass and has great hand-eye coordination when going for the interception or break-up. Quick and instinctive reactor that takes proper angles and is a finisher. On offense, displays all kinds of ball skills as a runner and play maker. Has a real burst and demonstrates toughness; runs through would-be tacklers and isn't afraid to lower his shoulder to punish the defender. Tyler is an all around football player that plays with intensity and toughness. Probably best suited to play safety but could also play wide receiver or running back.

A former UC commitment, Dakotah Tyler has given his verbal to the University of Kentucky. Sorry GT, he looks like a player.

He's a very good prospect at DB, but he wants to play RB and UC had no interest there so he opened it up. He's a mid major prospect at best at RB...

He's a very good prospect at DB, but he wants to play RB and UC had no interest there so he opened it up. He's a mid major prospect at best at RB...

I respect that opinion, but I suppose the UK coaching staff thinks otherwise. We really need some RB depth though so that may have something to do with the commitment. Is the 4.4 speed accurate??

On TCP a poster claims he ran a 4.38. If that is the case, then he clearly has the speed to play in the SEC as a RB. Have you seen him play very much live?

Watched two full game tapes. He played mostly QB and ran a lot from there. No doubt he's got the speed, I just don't think he's suited to play RB at the BCS level. IMO by the time he sees the field it will be as a DB.

I ran a 4.39 in HS, and I wouldn't translate well to a RB in the SEC... ;)

Watched two full game tapes. He played mostly QB and ran a lot from there. No doubt he's got the speed, I just don't think he's suited to play RB at the BCS level. IMO by the time he sees the field it will be as a DB.

I ran a 4.39 in HS, and I wouldn't translate well to a RB in the SEC... ;)

:flame: Wow, you were blazing!

It's too bad my short legs and choppy strides didn't translate that number over 100m. Could have had a good chunk of college paid for... :lol:

Too many smoke breaks in the boys bathroom at lunch would have been my guess to the 100m problem. :lol: