Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kiffin named Tennessee coach

Featured Replies

As expected

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Im the AD at another school, say a Baylor or a Washington, and both Kiffin and Fulmer are applicants, who do you hire? Be fair about it! My point is I cant see Kiffin be any better than what they already had and they would have been 6 million dollars richer! Mabey Im wrong but Fulmer is proven!!

Bad hire. This guy is not proven he can manage a program. He may be a good OC, but being the head coach is a different story. I will go out on a limb to say UT lost a better coach than they just gained. No way he does better than Fulmer.

I'm not so sure Kiffin will be better than what they have...

Bad hire. This guy is not proven he can manage a program. He may be a good OC, but being the head coach is a different story. I will go out on a limb to say UT lost a better coach than they just gained. No way he does better than Fulmer.

 

This is exactly what was said on ESPN this morning too

Talk about rolling the dice.

If Im the AD at another school, say a Baylor or a Washington, and both Kiffin and Fulmer are applicants, who do you hire? Be fair about it! My point is I cant see Kiffin be any better than what they already had and they would have been 6 million dollars richer! Mabey Im wrong but Fulmer is proven!!

 

Bad hire. This guy is not proven he can manage a program. He may be a good OC, but being the head coach is a different story. I will go out on a limb to say UT lost a better coach than they just gained. No way he does better than Fulmer.

 

I'm not so sure Kiffin will be better than what they have...

I am inclined to believe you guys, but sometimes a change can rejuvenate things, and we know how success in college football just builds upon itself- when you win, recruits keep coming, you keep winning, and so forth. Who knows how it will turn out.

Bad hire. This guy is not proven he can manage a program. He may be a good OC, but being the head coach is a different story. I will go out on a limb to say UT lost a better coach than they just gained. No way he does better than Fulmer.

 

This is exactly what was said on ESPN this morning too

Bucket needs his own show. :thumb: I agree 100% I believe they lost the better coach. But is right now. Maybe down the line he will be better. Will TN be patient while it happens?

Bucket needs his own show. :thumb: I agree 100% I believe they lost the better coach. But is right now. Maybe down the line he will be better. Will TN be patient while it happens?

 

My agent is on stand by.....LOL

 

I do think Fulmer had done all he could do at UT and was time for a change. I think UT jump on Kiffin because the media made him attractive. They should have went after a proven winner. IMO top three coaches in turning things around:

 

1. Kelly @ UC

2. Mike Leach @ TT

3. Myer @ UF

 

Top three that can recruit top talent:

 

1. Myer @UF

2. Kelly @ UC

3. Mac Brown @Texas

My agent is on stand by.....LOL

 

I do think Fulmer had done all he could do at UT and was time for a change. I think UT jump on Kiffin because the media made him attractive. They should have went after a proven winner. IMO top three coaches in turning things around:

 

1. Kelly @ UC

2. Mike Leach @ TT

3. Myer @ UF

 

Top three that can recruit top talent:

 

1. Myer @UF

2. Kelly @ UC

3. Mac Brown @Texas

Had Bowling Green not gone out on a limb and hired an unproven, long-time assistant coach Urban Meyer, neither Utah nor Florida may have had national championship titles nor runs at a title.

 

Had Texas Tech not gone out on a limb and hired an unproven, long-time assistant coach Mike Leach, they would probably not have the exciting football that is being played in Lubbock this season.

 

Had Grand Valley State not gone out on a limb and hired an unproven, former assistant coach Brian Kelly, then neither Central Michigan nor Cincinnati might be having the successes they have had.

 

Had Appalachian State not gone out on a limb and hired an unproven, long-time assistant coach Mack Brown, then Tulane, North Carolina, and Texas might not have had all the great recruiting and successes they have had.

 

Great Head Coaches were all previously unproven assistant coaches who it was just a matter of time before they got their opportunity to shine. You say that Tennessee should have gone with a proven winner........they did, just one without head coaching experience.

 

Lane Kiffin will shine in Knoxville.

I'm puzzled, why he's getting so much acclaim. Tennessee plays in the SEC and traditionally, is a top #10 program. I'm not seeing the credentials with this guy, to take over a program like the 'Vols.

 

Not sure which puzzles me more, this one or the Raiders.

This hire gets a whole lot better, if Daddy comes with him. Monte is a proven defensive coordinator.

 

Can the Vols run the Tampa Two? ;)

This hire gets a whole lot better, if Daddy comes with him. Monte is a proven defensive coordinator.

 

Can the Vols run the Tampa Two? ;)

 

I could have went with the elder Kiffin than the unproven son!

I could have went with the elder Kiffin than the unproven son!
Monte has never been a head coach, either.

Bad hire for UT!

 

Good hire for UK!!!!:ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

 

Maybe now we can beat them next year with Fulmer out of the way. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.